Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Question for the experts; why the fuck isn't there an "identify all" option, still? JFC it's annoying to click 20 items.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Oh come on, we have killed Diablo three times and the fucker always comes back like an STD, don't tell me a badass like Cain dies once and is done.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
As a monk who doesn't really have the funds to do a "TR" build(even the cheap version), what's a good method of farming gold/items to get there? I'm at around 62k unbuffed DPS, just doing MP0 Act 3, but it seems extremely slow. Then again, I've also been picking up blues to salvage and sell. I'm assuming I should probably only be picking up yellows and vendoring 99% of them?

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
As a monk who doesn't really have the funds to do a "TR" build(even the cheap version), what's a good method of farming gold/items to get there? I'm at around 62k unbuffed DPS, just doing MP0 Act 3, but it seems extremely slow. Then again, I've also been picking up blues to salvage and sell. I'm assuming I should probably only be picking up yellows and vendoring 99% of them?
I used to pick up blues to salvage/sell and I used to salvage yellows. Then I realized I was potentially decreasing my take since crafting mats were so cheap. If the prices have swung back up, that may no longer be the case. However, unless mats are at huge profit level right now, you should skip the blues and just vendor the yellows instead of salvaging.

Minimize your town runs, try to store up items over the course of a run (or more than one run) and ID/vendor them all at once. As you find that certain classes of items are 99.99% worthless (yellow 2H monk weapons, for instance), learn to recognize the names and skip over them. The less time you spend on item logistics, the more time you are killing shit for $$, xp and potential lego drops.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Why are you guys still playing this failure of a game? You only needed to invest about a month into the game to get what little bit of entertainment it provides. Just move on to Path of Exile already...everyone with more than half a sense already has.

kemuel

Lord Nagafen Raider
Question for the experts; why the fuck isn't there an "identify all" option, still? JFC it's annoying to click 20 items.
There is no reason to pick up anything but rings/amulets unless you are doing MP10 then really only pick up certain weapon types. I do 10-15 key runs without even vendoring once on most nights.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Why MP10? As long as the mobile is level63+ it rolls all affix/suffix. MP1 every mobile is 63. MP0 every mobile in Act3 is 63.

kemuel

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shit I must be misinformed, I thought only MP10 has a chance to roll max affixes...

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I used to pick up blues to salvage/sell and I used to salvage yellows. Then I realized I was potentially decreasing my take since crafting mats were so cheap. If the prices have swung back up, that may no longer be the case. However, unless mats are at huge profit level right now, you should skip the blues and just vendor the yellows instead of salvaging.

Minimize your town runs, try to store up items over the course of a run (or more than one run) and ID/vendor them all at once. As you find that certain classes of items are 99.99% worthless (yellow 2H monk weapons, for instance), learn to recognize the names and skip over them. The less time you spend on item logistics, the more time you are killing shit for $$, xp and potential lego drops.
Well, crafting mats definitely sell for more than the individual blue item now, I'm just not sure how "worth it" it they are to pick up still. I'm just essentially wondering if going through Act 3 on MP0 just hitting elites is the fastest method to be doing this without a proper TR build. It's pretty damn slow going, it seems like. 100-200k an hour, basically just from cash drops and selling yellows/trashing blues. It just seems like it's all supposed to be going a bit faster than it is. At the rate I'm going, it's going to take me weeks before I can afford even 1 decent piece of Inna's, let alone a decent SoJ, Xeph, etc.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
Well, crafting mats definitely sell for more than the individual blue item now, I'm just not sure how "worth it" it they are to pick up still. I'm just essentially wondering if going through Act 3 on MP0 just hitting elites is the fastest method to be doing this without a proper TR build. It's pretty damn slow going, it seems like. 100-200k an hour, basically just from cash drops and selling yellows/trashing blues. It just seems like it's all supposed to be going a bit faster than it is. At the rate I'm going, it's going to take me weeks before I can afford even 1 decent piece of Inna's, let alone a decent SoJ, Xeph, etc.
There is no alternative really. Making due until you get that drop to sell for a decent amount is what the game is about. I started playing again this week and had literally nothing, but after a few days I got two drops, one sold for 5 mill and the other for 14. It allowed me to propel myself into 100k dps on my Barb. Just kill elite packs as fast as possible on Act3 MP0 or act 1/2 MP1 and cross your fingers.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
There is no alternative really. Making due until you get that drop to sell for a decent amount is what the game is about. I started playing again this week and had literally nothing, but after a few days I got two drops, one sold for 5 mill and the other for 14. It allowed me to propel myself into 100k dps on my Barb. Just kill elite packs as fast as possible on Act3 MP0 or act 1/2 MP1 and cross your fingers.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Oh, well. Nature of the beast, I guess.

Are there any good resources on what items I need to look out for? Other than trifectas, I'm pretty clueless as to what things other classes look for. At least, in terms of the "specialty" items such as wands, off-hands, quivers, etc. Certain things are obviously pretty straight forward, but are there any not so "well known" items to look out for, that I may be vendoring on accident? For instance, spirit regen for monks is in pretty high demand.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I believe most "specialty" items are BiS by uniques and sets. Really the only thing you need to look out for are 1h maces/axes that have 850+ DPS, life leech and a socket -- at minimum. Those are used by WW barbarians.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
I'm also a monk that started back up recently, and I definately know how you few. For the first few days i was around 50-60k dps as well. Just keep grinding those paragon levels away in act 3 and eventually you will get items that will sell. I'm now up to the 100k dps mark, and I pretty much don't pick up anything thats not yellow or higher. Do you mind linking your profile? I may have some extra stuff that I don't need.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
To be honest, that skorn isn't that good, but then again, I'm kind of biased against 2 handers. If you aren't too attached to 2 handers, I have a pair of shenlong's fists I don't need anymore if you want them. It's not the greatest though. Just let me know, my battle tag is bakavic#1693

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
To be honest, that skorn isn't that good, but then again, I'm kind of biased against 2 handers. If you aren't too attached to 2 handers, I have a pair of shenlong's fists I don't need anymore if you want them. It's not the greatest though. Just let me know, my battle tag is bakavic#1693
I'm only attached to 2-Handers for the purposes of a TR build and Guardian's Path. Since I can't really pull off a TR build yet, I'm not attached to the Skorn at all.