Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Citz

Silver Squire
I honestly don't know why I keep playing my Crusader. Yet I am.
I'm wondering that myself sometimes. My friend is playing a monk and he is just exploding faces. Here I am, taking fuckload of time to just summon enough hammers to do some damage.

And then sometimes, you have the barb that comes in and right-click to victory.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I hit 100 and that's all from 4 different people dragging me through T9/T10 rifts and/or power leveling. The first WD was ~100 (and got me to 70), the barb was 250, other WD was 450, and a third was a 420 WD. I can't believe their levels but god damn it's awesome flying through paragon.

Thanks, I was going to ask about that. I want to do WW for Bounty/Rift farming, but I have NFC how to gear or what to even start moving toward... is it wastes + IK and RORG? Do I need the BK weapons? Where should I sink my Paragon points?
etc ad nauseam

I'd love advice, the seasonal barb in the signature is what I'm using now. I'm really just getting started and have gotten pretty much everything through leaching. I've got a few other ~3.3k dps weapons and I have the BK set weapons (and the IK set weapon).
Not sure if anyone answered you.

255% Move Speed Whirlwind Barb (Speed Farm) - Barbarian - Diablo III Builds - Diablo Fans

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does anyone know what triggers the strongarm bracer ability? Does it have to be vortex/knockback stuff, or does the bane of the trapped aura work too?

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Does anyone know what triggers the strongarm bracer ability? Does it have to be vortex/knockback stuff, or does the bane of the trapped aura work too?
They were just talking about that in gchat and someone was saying that it did work.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They stack, but they are triggered by two entirely different things (knock back/up and slow).

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any guides as to what to do as soon as you hit 70? Haven't played in like a year and also my first time playing Barb and seasonal.

also I think I need to get reinvited to the guild. Is it still 2 girls 1 demon or whatever?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Farm rifts, collect greater rift stones. Either save them up and blow them all in a run, or just alternate.
Collect gear.
When you can one shot normal mobs, bump up your difficulty, start at T1.

If you're interested in builds go to the d3 reddit and go to the invidiual reddit for each class. Index is on the sidebar.

You can use the cube (do the quest for it, dude has a ! in every town). and upgrade stuff for chance at legendary. Or game shards for whatever.

It's easy you'll pick it up.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Any guides as to what to do as soon as you hit 70? Haven't played in like a year and also my first time playing Barb and seasonal.

also I think I need to get reinvited to the guild. Is it still 2 girls 1 demon or whatever?
Step 1 at any level: Join clan and get PL'd or carried for a bit :p

I find Diablofans to be a better site for build info, Reddit seems out of date often. For barbarian, diablofans has a nice starter build that I used til I got two pieces of the Wrath of the Wastes set (at which point I subbed out one skill for Rend), then used that til I got 6 pieces of Waste and used the Whirlwind speed farm build/gearing guide.

Save your yellow mighty weapons and your 2h maces; you can use Upgrade Rare in the cube to go for the Bul Kathos set weapons (for whirlwind builds) and a Furnace (the cubed effect will be your go-to weapon choice).

But yea, get in the clan and ask people. Lots of us on all the time it seems and plenty of people willing to group up. I'll be on later tonight (after I finish this dumb assignment) and can run stuff with you; I'm also a Barb so lootsharing can be helpful.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Also bear in mind that if you wanted exp for para levels, slot a ruby in your helm and get into GRifts. Even just t8 4-man public grifts will be better than any other activity for exp grinding.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Quin69 - GR69+ Ulianas Monk - Monk - Diablo III Builds - Diablo Fans

Well, I finally got lucky yesterday and today, so now I have every item in this build (aside from F+R), except I'm using a Madstone cubed instead of Spirit Guards, but I swap Spirit Guards and Gungdo based on the rift. Obviously, the rolls are far from optimal and I don't have F+R, but as awesome as the build looked in videos, I just don't find it much fun. Essentially, you move back and forth, gathering up big groups of mobs, then blowing them up in an instant with SSS. The problem is, the build is really fucking slow (movement speed wise). While I can handle T8 pretty easily (I imagine I'd be able to do 10 once I get my F+R), the movespeed is dogshit slow and the problem is, if you swap out the dodge rune on mantra or dashing, you lose too much toughness to be survivable and the belt doesn't really have an "always on" toughness component like WW barbs do. You don't gain the toughness bonus until you SSS.

So, wut do? Does anybody have any tips on "farming" builds as a monk, because this definitely isn't it. I thought monks were one of the most "mobile" classes, yet I'm not seeing it at all. Sure, when I can run speed rune on conviction, way of the falling star, etc. I can speed up a lot, but then I'm dropping the difficulty down to T4ish so that I can stay alive. I realize I'd probably be better off just making my barb my bounty/keywarden farming character, but I find WW to be boring as all fuck.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider

Well, I finally got lucky yesterday and today, so now I have every item in this build (aside from F+R), except I'm using a Madstone cubed instead of Spirit Guards, but I swap Spirit Guards and Gungdo based on the rift. Obviously, the rolls are far from optimal and I don't have F+R, but as awesome as the build looked in videos, I just don't find it much fun. Essentially, you move back and forth, gathering up big groups of mobs, then blowing them up in an instant with SSS. The problem is, the build is really fucking slow (movement speed wise). While I can handle T8 pretty easily (I imagine I'd be able to do 10 once I get my F+R), the movespeed is dogshit slow and the problem is, if you swap out the dodge rune on mantra or dashing, you lose too much toughness to be survivable and the belt doesn't really have an "always on" toughness component like WW barbs do. You don't gain the toughness bonus until you SSS.

So, wut do? Does anybody have any tips on "farming" builds as a monk, because this definitely isn't it. I thought monks were one of the most "mobile" classes, yet I'm not seeing it at all. Sure, when I can run speed rune on conviction, way of the falling star, etc. I can speed up a lot, but then I'm dropping the difficulty down to T4ish so that I can stay alive. I realize I'd probably be better off just making my barb my bounty/keywarden farming character, but I find WW to be boring as all fuck.
Running the same build, but using the move speed rune on dashing strike and momentum for a passive instead of the cheat death passive. I had everything before I got F+R as well and had zero problems speed farming T7 with it. What's your HP/Resists/Armor at? Are you running CDR in all the slots that you can? My rolls on my gear are ok but nothing to write home about other then ancient lion's claw.

Oh also, I am using Esoteric gem for the extra damage reduction, the gizzard is also an option there as well. I dont have a real reason to run stricken while farming as bosses usually die in 2 SSS's

Xevy

Log Wizard

Get a full Raiment set, cube flying dragon or something, do T7+ rifts, dashing while killing. It was the meta last season. Otherwise you can fuck around with flurry (cold) tempest rush build with a bunch of stacked spirit and hard hitting slow 2hander.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Any tips on farming for Madstone/Gungo Gear? Now I've almost finished my second Uliana's Set and working on my fourth Focus/Restraint Set it's getting annoying.

I'm running T6 Rifts and turning Blood Stones into gambled Bracers and Death's Breaths into upgraded Spirit Stones.

I think that I actually still have an old Gungo Gear without the bonus, if I cube the Legendary Reroll will it give me a new one with the bonus on it?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Best way to farm a class specific item is the cube imo. Just save a bunch of rare monk spirit stones from your rifts and upgrade them to legendaries.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You can also just upgrade crafted shit in the cube. I find that less tedious than target picking up shit. They only cost like 20 of each material to make.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Running the same build, but using the move speed rune on dashing strike and momentum for a passive instead of the cheat death passive. I had everything before I got F+R as well and had zero problems speed farming T7 with it. What's your HP/Resists/Armor at? Are you running CDR in all the slots that you can? My rolls on my gear are ok but nothing to write home about other then ancient lion's claw.

Oh also, I am using Esoteric gem for the extra damage reduction, the gizzard is also an option there as well. I dont have a real reason to run stricken while farming as bosses usually die in 2 SSS's
Oh, don't get me wrong, I can drop in Wreath, way of the falling star, etc. and farm T7 pretty quickly. My issue is that it still seems much, much slower speed wise than classes like WD and Barb. Plus, it appears they can go full "move speed" and still clear T10, where I'm just not seeing that possible as a monk. Sure, I can clear T10 fairly easily, but the run speed just isn't even close to what it seems like WDs and Barbs can put out.

Any tips on farming for Madstone/Gungo Gear? Now I've almost finished my second Uliana's Set and working on my fourth Focus/Restraint Set it's getting annoying.

I'm running T6 Rifts and turning Blood Stones into gambled Bracers and Death's Breaths into upgraded Spirit Stones.

I think that I actually still have an old Gungo Gear without the bonus, if I cube the Legendary Reroll will it give me a new one with the bonus on it?
Bloodstones and upgrading bracers/helm to legendaries. Use both methods and you'll get it eventually.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Oh, don't get me wrong, I can drop in Wreath, way of the falling star, etc. and farm T7 pretty quickly. My issue is that it still seems much, much slower speed wise than classes like WD and Barb. Plus, it appears they can go full "move speed" and still clear T10, where I'm just not seeing that possible as a monk. Sure, I can clear T10 fairly easily, but the run speed just isn't even close to what it seems like WDs and Barbs can put out.
Yeah nothing quite matches barb for speed heh, they are a class in there own. Though WD damage is pretty high, I am not sure I'd really say they move any faster then monks, dashing strike is just really good. You can take the pet speed passive I guess but would have to give something up for that.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it just my bad luck, or is there a difference between T6 drops and T7? I would get a forgotten soul + key from a T6 boss about 90% of the time, and there would be quite a few pylons around. Now in T7, there are far fewer pylons, and I've yet to see the boss drop a forgotten soul. Seems like a pretty drastic change.