Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Im also concerned they are pushing group and open world game play. Not looking to play World of Diablocraft

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
I was overseas when D3 came out and pretty much gave up immediately. That alone turns me off to D4.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
there's a legitimate reason to be bothered by an always online single player game.
Welcome to the modern era of AAA game that are designed to be an endless source of monetization thru "game services". Can't sell "game services" if your game doesn't use said services.

• 1Rustled

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Sooooo no character sheet or viewable damage range still ehh? I also still guess they went for that dumbed down atk and def stat on everything huh?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Sooooo no character sheet or viewable damage range still ehh? I also still guess they went for that dumbed down atk and def stat on everything huh?
It's possible the damage is just a static amount instead of a damage range? They did say they want to display all kinds of info, but it might be they just don't have too many things to display to start with. Ultimately I don't think it's that bad but that tends to make rares pretty boring when you have very few stats, although I guess their intent is probably to just have everyone in legendaries/mythic gear anyway like D3.

Wouldn't focus too much on this shit right now though since the game is so far away that they themselves don't really know what will make it or what they want the game to be, these systems could change a fair bit. I doubt they'll go for more complex than D3 however, and possibly simpler.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
3.7 introduced animation canceling. You no longer need ridiculous amounts of cast or attack speed to make your character feel responsive.

...but you’re still moving around at warp speed and killing the whole map with a single ability use.

The build possibilities are neat but in the end it’s too much to balance and the gameplay suffers for it.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I wonder how many "combat and feel" people have tried the game since 3.7.

Not me, since it’s never occurred to me to try a game at version THREE point SEVEN to check if the dogshit combat/feel have improved.

kermit.jpg

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I was overseas when D3 came out and pretty much gave up immediately. That alone turns me off to D4.
This is my primary frustration with “online-only.” I’ve always been a hardcore player, as that threat of loss is the only thing keeping the game interesting for me beyond one playthru.

After losing 3 chars to disconnects in D3, I pretty much soured on that shit forever. Why NOT allow an offline mode? Fucks.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
...but you’re still moving around at warp speed and killing the whole map with a single ability use.

The build possibilities are neat but in the end it’s too much to balance and the gameplay suffers for it.
You don't have to go that fast if you don't want to.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Thats the best part of PoE. There is a lot to do in the end game and you can set your own goals doing what is meaningful for you. People play slow builds due to disability with great success in the end game.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I dont think they should copy PoE. If this game has an endgame that lets you do more than run rifts or bounties, crafting, trading and allows you to have flexibility in build choices, I will give it a shot.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
D3 moved a lot of units and was super hyped. Within a month, everyone was sick of getting wrecked by the bees in Act II Inferno and quit. Path of Exile will be on 5.0 by the time this comes out and this game will be far behind.

The way Blizzard treated D3 is what concerns me most about the viability of this game in the long term. They have done virtually nothing to support D3 since the expansion came out. I don't think they care about Diablo aside from it being a nostalgia, legacy, big name IP they can cash in on to move boxes. I love Diablo and I hope I'm wrong.

Don't forget about the cancelled D3 expac. Also a class was cancelled as well if I'm not mistaken?

They pulled all support for D3 years ago.

• 1Solidarity

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
You don't have to go that fast if you don't want to.

So moving at a slow speed while killing the map with a single button press? Hell, many builds you don’t even press a single button...unless you count turning your auras on.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So moving at a slow speed while killing the map with a single button press? Hell, many builds you don’t even press a single button...unless you count turning your auras on.
You don't have to kill the whole map in a single button press if you don't want to.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also the map would be smaller if you play on a phone screen.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
You dont have to go fast in PoE but I don't know why you wouldn't want to be at lightspeed. Once I started viewing APRG as time management games and making an effort to be as efficient as possible with my game time, Ive had more success.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My experience with POE's endgame is very limited, but isn't the entire point of it to clear maps as fast as possible to earn currencies to buy the shit you need for your build?

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
[VQUOTE="Pyros, post: 3000003, member: 497"]
It's possible the damage is just a static amount instead of a damage range? They did say they want to display all kinds of info, but it might be they just don't have too many things to display to start with. Ultimately I don't think it's that bad but that tends to make rares pretty boring when you have very few stats, although I guess their intent is probably to just have everyone in legendaries/mythic gear anyway like D3.

Wouldn't focus too much on this shit right now though since the game is so far away that they themselves don't really know what will make it or what they want the game to be, these systems could change a fair bit. I doubt they'll go for more complex than D3 however, and possibly simpler.
[/QUOTE]
Very true. Also super early in development I'm sure

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
You can make lab runs, run maps (farming low maps or completing your atlas), farm Atziri, farm Shaper, Uber Elder or breaches. You can run delve, temples, syndicates and Zana maps. You're trying to improve your gear but lots of options to do it.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Game looks great. Really looking forward to a return to the og diablo gothic aesthetic.

looks like josh Mosquera and the old leads were behind that whole look then. The new leads are olds school d2 diehards that were hired from the community.

• 1Like