Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

khorum

Murder Apologist
Im also concerned they are pushing group and open world game play. Not looking to play World of Diablocraft
Saturday panelists referred to this repeatedly, they aren’t pushing group-required play but they aren’t exactly getting rid of support zdps builds.

though why you’d need support builds if there was no content behind group-centric activity is a good question.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I find the idea of open areas like Destiny in Diablo disgusting and makes this a no day buy until it is removed.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Saturday panelists referred to this repeatedly, they aren’t pushing group-required play but they aren’t exactly getting rid of support zdps builds.

though why you’d need support builds if there was no content behind group-centric activity is a good question.

Its one thing to choose a zDPS build to run with your friends to grind whatever and its another thing to be forced into group content that you cant solo.

I have friends that play games but its loke herding cats getting people organized to play. I love arpgs because I can group when I want (the only way D3 bounties were tolerable) or run maps/rifts solo.

• 2Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
I find the idea of open areas like Destiny in Diablo disgusting and makes this a no day buy until it is removed.
LOL it's an open world map but the dungeons are all dynamically generated. Question is if they do the D2 power-scaling across the whole world, which WOULD be anathema.

Looking at the gameplay it kinda looks more like really excessive phasing sorting which mobs/players you'll be encountering. They do a good job smoothing all the other players jumping into the public event boss tho.

• 2Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Its one thing to choose a zDPS build to run with your friends to grind whatever and its another thing to be forced into group content that you cant solo.

I have friends that play games but its loke herding cats getting people organized to play. I love arpgs because I can group when I want (the only way D3 bounties were tolerable) or run maps/rifts solo.
Yeah the dev who asserted that the game will be solo-friendly throughout said she hated playing with her husband lol.

I played zdps monks/wd for GR farming, I hope they keep some kind of high-end group content that's hard enough to justify stuff like that.

• 2Like

Argarth

On the verandah

Not measuring dicks or anything, but man, I thought I had it bad. Impressive Gavinmad Gavinmad !
1572822545044.png

One of my favourite things about MH was the constantly flowing chat, in the Midtown Manhattan hub in particular. Some of these threads would go on for hours, and you could find yourself talking about builds, lore, comic books, movies and all sorts of other nerdy stuff. People were almost universally helpful to noobs (unless just downright lazy or retarded) and it was the least toxic in-game chat I can remember. Gazillion was pretty strict in this regard, and I guess it set the tone for the life of the game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not measuring dicks or anything, but man, I thought I had it bad. Impressive Gavinmad Gavinmad !
View attachment 229502

One of my favourite things about MH was the constantly flowing chat, in the Midtown Manhattan hub in particular. Some of these threads would go on for hours, and you could find yourself talking about builds, lore, comic books, movies and all sorts of other nerdy stuff. People were almost universally helpful to noobs (unless just downright lazy or retarded) and it was the least toxic in-game chat I can remember. Gazillion was pretty strict in this regard, and I guess it set the tone for the life of the game.

Oh it's worse than it seems. I got into the game late and quit almost a year before they closed it down.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I wonder how many "combat and feel" people have tried the game since 3.7.

Eh...I’m a PoE fanboy through and through but D3 shits all over it for feel, especially melee feel. Not viability but pure feel. And I’m including 3.7. This goes back to Blizz’s engineers still being top notch despite their content designers and writers not understanding what ARPG and Diablo should provide.

• 2Like

Argarth

On the verandah
Oh it's worse than it seems. I got into the game late and quit almost a year before they closed it down.

Yikes... but I know where you're coming from. I took a couple of long breaks from it when my work began to be affected. Game was like crack. (well I can only imagine, heh)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Eh...I’m a PoE fanboy through and through but D3 shits all over it for feel, especially melee feel. Not viability but pure feel. And I’m including 3.7. This goes back to Blizz’s engineers still being top notch despite their content designers and writers not understanding what ARPG and Diablo should provide.
Sure, I'm not saying PoE is better in this regard, just that they've made some improvements recently.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sure, I'm not saying PoE is better in this regard, just that they've made some improvements recently.

And really, if they upped melee base attack speed and threw multi strike in the dumpster, I’d be sold 100%. Really, they need to hire away some guys that love arpgs and are tired of Irvine CA.

Argarth

On the verandah
You don't have to go that fast if you don't want to.

I'm oversimplifying to make a point, but yes you do, and then you will trade like a motherfucker, or you will inevitably quit in frustration before reaching the real "end-game".

99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the loot in PoE is pure dog shit. The rest is currency.

That's the economic pillar on which the game was built. If you're fine with that model, then OK. For the player (not me by the way) that wants to ARPG for a couple of hours before dinner, PoE is a complete waste of time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider

Shiiiieet, if this opens up any sort of p2p bazaar or at least purchasable vendors to "bot" your wares to help this world live/breathe.. I'd be way too hyped but thats prob too hardcore and people will want to auction house, but I question how that could work given that it implies a flat currency with value instead of trade. I just want to walk around and find some dummy who is moving items way under value because he didn't care enough to compare it to some default/standard ah price. I just kinda took the idea that they want to take the Diablo 2 chat lobbies and make it a place people can interact with. I can't say what Diablo 3 was like, AH and then soulbound basically make social moot.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm oversimplifying to make a point, but yes you do, and then you will trade like a motherfucker, or you will inevitably quit in frustration before reaching the real "end-game".

99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the loot in PoE is pure dog shit. The rest is currency.

That's the economic pillar on which the game was built. If you're fine with that model, then OK. For the player (not me by the way) that wants to ARPG for a couple of hours before dinner, PoE is a complete waste of time.
Just means you have to invest a little more time to reach that point. Falling behind the economic curve means you won't be able to exploit early-market trends, but you can still make lots of currency by just playing the game.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
big problem with poe is tencent owns majority stake now....

not really the same but blizzard has similar problems

I can't really be supporting either game right now - this isn't "hur dur you're not gonna be entertained if politics makes you mad", this is US gamers literally supporting and giving money to a national level competitor who has a state goal of dominating the world by 2049.

People really don't understand what china is planning on doing.

movie goers
college students
sports enthusiasts
investors

all have the same problem

• 2Like