Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
which BP are you after?
I would assume he's talking about this, since its the only other Unique chest available for Barbarian afaik.
sacred-unique-rage-of-harrogath-item-power-638.jpg

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
PoE can get away with that because there are varied ways to build your defences, different advantages to different elements and different buffs/debuffa to build around. PoE also had traps and totems and cast on attack and passive damage auras and a multitude of other things.

D4 isn't that deep. As a rogue I got two non elemental melee skills I can aspect to be AoE, with a choice of combo points or cooldown reset on ultimate. Similar with ranged.

There are the beginnings of trap, stun and stealth builds but not quite enough support yet.
Tell me more about how all the builds in a game i've probably put 10k+ hours into are so different and varied in playstyle, with your vast experience that started in leagues while there were only 2 acts.

skylan

Trakanon Raider
I'm a filthy casual, and yet I find myself agreeing with most people in this thread on both the positives and the negatives.

I have 2 classes to 50+ and don't really see a carrot dangling for me anymore.

I did enjoy playing through the game, but I'm not sure I'd find the appeal in repeating most of it again for seasons.

While it may be low on the totem pole for many, I just don't find many of the events rewarding.

I go to the orange circles and build up my obels and gamble with it......after maxing it out 5 to 6x and gambling and not getting anything worthwhile, I stopped that.

Then I see these elusive treasure goblins out and about....think I've seen about 10 or so, so fairly rare for me....kill it....doesn't drop shit.

Then I see these silent chests....farm obels...buy stack of keys....excited to loot one....pop it open, its no diff than any fucking normal chest.

Then I see some fairly large interesting looking chests after some encounters and think it might have a goodie in it, newp..same trash as any other random chest.

Do the tree of whisper event...go do a turn in...just like some random ass chest drop again.

I don't regret playing the game, and I'm sure it will be tweaked a bunch and many things adjusted...but knowing it will be another 10+ years to try again with Diablo 5 is disheartening.
Pretty much my experience so far. This stuff would be enjoyable if there were rewards or at least a good chance of rewards. All I'm looking for is progression. I'm also a casual and I'm not really interested in BiS everything with a spreadsheet optimized build. I just want to wreck shit, get some gear, push nightmare as high as I can as my own personal challenge, and be free to start some alts. If I ever hit 100 on a single character at the rate that I'm leveling, I'll never want to play the game again.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I would assume he's talking about this, since its the only other Unique chest available for Barbarian afaik.
sacred-unique-rage-of-harrogath-item-power-638.jpg
Ah yes so the one i found 3 copies of so far and no other barb legendary yet.

Makes sense ....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Tell me more about how all the builds in a game i've probably put 10k+ hours into are so different and varied in playstyle, with your vast experience that started in leagues while there were only 2 acts.
What you are you making fun of here? That I've mixed up things from the first two years of PoE 10 years ago? Oh no.

If you've put 10k hours into PoE then how can you begin to defend the itemisation and build variety in D4?

Like I said, I'm enjoying this, but I'm more likely to replay PoE in a new league than this in a new league as things stand. Torchlight Infinite is better than D4 even.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
What you are you making fun of here? That I've mixed up things from the first two years of PoE 10 years ago? Oh no.

If you've put 10k hours into PoE then how can you begin to defend the itemisation and build variety in D4?

Like I said, I'm enjoying this, but I'm more likely to replay PoE in a new league than this in a new league as things stand. Torchlight Infinite is better than D4 even.
I'm making fun of the fact that you continue to just say stupid shit in this thread. There's just as much effective build diversity in D4 as there is/was in every other arpg and the itemisation is not much different either, just uses different words.

The only "white knighting" or defending i've done of this game is to say it's fun and to point out that people have been constantly pointing out "flaws" in this game while poopsocking games that do the same thing or do it more than D4 does it.

If you like PoE more than D4 there's nothing wrong with that. But to say that maps are "unique wonderful experiences with no repetition" and then say d4 dungeons are repetitive is just nonsense, to say D4 is boring because it's grindy but then putting 10 hours a day for 1-5 years grinding Lost Ark or BDO is nonsense, etc.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Right but how different are the playstyles?

Twisting Blades and Flurry and the same thing with only a minor difference in if you think you'll get more DPS from aiming the Twisting Blades or getting free immediate permanent AoE Vulnerability from Flurry.

Death Trap uses the above skills too. However the cooldown resetting does change the playstyle a lot.
Yes, melee builds are going to play similarly, news at 11. But how different does an Occultist Blade Vortex play vs. Trickster Blade Vortex or Assassin? And those are entirely different "classes" with totally different ascendancies.

Do you honestly think you're going to be able to completely reinvent the wheel every time you switch a skill?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Did a couple t39s earlier and they were kinda of rough, not sure I want to even attempt the 41-50 tier yet. Died one time each in the 39s, once to a freeze and once to an on death explodey aoe I didn't see.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's gorgeous. Do you know how straight % damage actually stacks? I had an item that was *nearly* great assuming that stat is as good as it sounds.
Pretty sure it all goes into the same bucket. So the item is great, but not amazing. I'd honestly rather one of the damage mods was damage reduction instead, and even a good dex or all-stats roll would probably be better than either damage mod. Not sure though, it gets close once you hit high levels of dex.

So the best possible chest for me would probably be max armor/max damage reduction/max dex or all stats/max life.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chest is basically where you want your survival rolls. Damage reductions, armor, life etc.

Also iirc gemming for life is not as good at it seems? As it just does base. There was something about that in the video that talked about resistances, armor and such.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I haven't been using any maxrolls.gg or other sites to determine what to use. Most of it is obvious, but I am only level 74 doing t28-31 nightmares so survivability hasn't become a huge issue yet, especially while running Temerity.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
iirc wudijo said temerity was bad at the higher end. Because its set stats always, and it just doesn't have good stats. Compared to a good rolled legs, that can have 2-4 damage reduction rolls on it. Also the barrier is % of base life, irrc. Not really your maximum life. So they don't scale well as you get into the later game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Chest is basically where you want your survival rolls. Damage reductions, armor, life etc.

Also iirc gemming for life is not as good at it seems? As it just does base. There was something about that in the video that talked about resistances, armor and such.
You can only gem for armor on jewelry.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
iirc wudijo said temerity was bad at the higher end. Because its set stats always, and it just doesn't have good stats. Compared to a good rolled legs, that can have 2-4 damage reduction rolls on it. Also the barrier is % of base life, irrc. Not really your maximum life. So they don't scale well as you get into the later game.
I figured I’d have to replace it around level 80 but for now it’s made where I’m at very very stress free.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I play a Barb and have no idea...I just go for fury reduction, generation and whirlwind. I don't seem to die at all (Only 60) but don't clear mobs as fast as some of you guys do.

I hate research..lol...looks like I need to look things up.