Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm a filthy casual, and yet I find myself agreeing with most people in this thread on both the positives and the negatives.

I have 2 classes to 50+ and don't really see a carrot dangling for me anymore.

I did enjoy playing through the game, but I'm not sure I'd find the appeal in repeating most of it again for seasons.

While it may be low on the totem pole for many, I just don't find many of the events rewarding.

I go to the orange circles and build up my obels and gamble with it......after maxing it out 5 to 6x and gambling and not getting anything worthwhile, I stopped that.

Then I see these elusive treasure goblins out and about....think I've seen about 10 or so, so fairly rare for me....kill it....doesn't drop shit.

Then I see these silent chests....farm obels...buy stack of keys....excited to loot one....pop it open, its no diff than any fucking normal chest.

Then I see some fairly large interesting looking chests after some encounters and think it might have a goodie in it, newp..same trash as any other random chest.

Do the tree of whisper event...go do a turn in...just like some random ass chest drop again.

I don't regret playing the game, and I'm sure it will be tweaked a bunch and many things adjusted...but knowing it will be another 10+ years to try again with Diablo 5 is disheartening.

It sounds like you're not fellating the devs properly. Are you cupping the balls?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I have now officially found every Barb unique 3x over MINUS the BP I want. THIS has dropped four times for me. I guess I will try thorns.

View attachment 479229

Let's all take a moment to bask in how unique that Razorplate is. Do you guys think it was EASY for those devs to slap one stat on that chest piece at an inflated value?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Let's all take a moment to bask in how unique that Razorplate is. Do you guys think it was EASY for those devs to slap one stat on that chest piece at an inflated value?
There's gotta be a spot where you can afk exp with razorplate right? Maybe pair it with "regen after not taking damage" and find a spot that has 5 minute respawns.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
There's gotta be a spot where you can afk exp with razorplate right? Maybe pair it with "regen after not taking damage" and find a spot that has 5 minute respawns.

Probably most event areas in the overworld, I'd think?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
100% Topaz.

Pretty hilarious self-own where you try and flex an item drop and then you have it socketed with dogshit. I mean, rubies are okay(ish), but amethyst? LMAO.
I got half topaz half amethyst in my armor sockets. Considering how much people cry about poison pools being op, I dunno why you wouldn't want DoT reduction. I don't think it's bugged or anything because I certainly notice a difference in how fast I die to dot stuff if I don't have any amethysts socketed.

Almost as unique as Titan's
Titan's Revenge
Ceremonial Javelin
Throw Damage
: (70-79) To (185-212)
One-Hand Damage: (70-79) To (137-155)
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 109
Max Stack: 140
Javelin Class – Fast Attack Speed
(Amazon Only)
+150-200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 25-50 Damage
+2 To Amazon Skill Levels
5-9% Life Stolen Per Hit
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+20 To Strength
+20 To Dexterity
Replenishes Quantity [1 in 3 sec.]
Increased Stack Size [60]
+2 To Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)

It replenishes quantity and has + damage and + skills, such amazing item design, set the gold standard for centuries to come. A handcrafted, timeless masterpiece.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm topaz in armor, emerald in weapons, skulls in jewelry. I definitely see the merit in amethyst as well though.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm topaz in armor, emerald in weapons, skulls in jewelry. I definitely see the merit in amethyst as well though.

I could see using amethyst on melees who ignore cc fairly easily, so you can better stand in plague shit.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
100% Topaz.

Pretty hilarious self-own where you try and flex an item drop and then you have it socketed with dogshit. I mean, rubies are okay(ish), but amethyst? LMAO.

I use sapphire as a druid, since fortify is always on.

Depends on class. Though I think skulls in jewelry is universal.

Curious if their gems will go beyond the basics. Like D3 gems.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I got half topaz half amethyst in my armor sockets. Considering how much people cry about poison pools being op, I dunno why you wouldn't want DoT reduction. I don't think it's bugged or anything because I certainly notice a difference in how fast I die to dot stuff if I don't have any amethysts socketed.

Almost as unique as Titan's
Titan's Revenge
Ceremonial Javelin
Throw Damage
: (70-79) To (185-212)
One-Hand Damage: (70-79) To (137-155)
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 109
Max Stack: 140
Javelin Class – Fast Attack Speed
(Amazon Only)
+150-200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 25-50 Damage
+2 To Amazon Skill Levels
5-9% Life Stolen Per Hit
+30% Faster Run/Walk
+20 To Strength
+20 To Dexterity
Replenishes Quantity [1 in 3 sec.]
Increased Stack Size [60]
+2 To Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)

It replenishes quantity and has + damage and + skills, such amazing item design, set the gold standard for centuries to come. A handcrafted, timeless masterpiece.

Lol, it's hilarious that you picked an actual build enabling unique, left out that it has FRW as well, and don't realize what replenishes quantity allows for. Both Eth, and huge QoL being able to play lightning fury without having to go back to town every 2 minutes.

Yes... that actually is a well thought out unique.

Never change bud.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok. Thorns+bleed is boring as fuck. Ran a 50 nightmare to test it. You literally just stand there. Because I have an aspect that adds 30% damage for...standing there. Shit just explodes. And that's with shit items I threw on that says "thorns" on it.

I'm going to psyche this game out and play a thorns build! THEN my RoH will drop! It's brilliant!

aaa.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ok. Thorns+bleed is boring as fuck. Ran a 50 nightmare to test it. You literally just stand there. Because I have an aspect that adds 30% damage for...standing there. Shit just explodes. And that's with shit items I threw on that says "thorns" on it.

I'm going to psyche this game out and play a thorns build! THEN my RoH will drop! It's brilliant!

View attachment 479288
Yep. The thing that makes me laugh is that even though that build is dumb as fuck - its incredibly powerful. Then you compare it to fun builds that are interactive and use multiple abilities... and... they arent even in the same league as a thorns build.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Ran a bunch of Sigils the other day because my guildmates and I were wondering if Nightmare level really effects drop rates. I only did this for like 2 hours before I stopped so my datasets are pretty small, but I did seem to find a trend of increased legendaries possibly at Nightmare threshold points:

1687465880556.png

I would have really liked to have done like 50 of these at 10 intervals of the same tier 5 times, but I'm just too lazy and don't care anymore. For what it's worth I'd say try to run 41+ dungeons if you're hunting for legendaries, but again, data set a bit too small to say anything conclusively.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Considering how much people cry about poison pools being op, I dunno why you wouldn't want DoT reduction.
I guess you need to git gud?

The only time I'm ever at risk of dying is when I'm CCed. And while there are numerous ways to gain unstoppable, it isn't like it has a 100% uptime and there's a fuckload of CC in this game.

So basically the RF build of D4.
I use sapphire as a druid, since fortify is always on.

Depends on class. Though I think skulls in jewelry is universal.

Curious if their gems will go beyond the basics. Like D3 gems.
Except sapphire is only 3% each, Topaz is 10%. Also, it isn't just hard CC like stun/freeze. It also includes chill, slow, the bees melee slow, etc.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
100% Topaz.

I have 3x CC breaks and -25.7% CC duration reduction from Paragon. Topaz are basically useless for me. Making it Rubies or Amethysts as the only options.

In high dungeon keys, the only thing that usually kills me is poison. PvP is similar.

Also, I have a shit-ton of life due to having near-perfect rings, perfect pants and helm. So Rubies are good.

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Except sapphire is only 3% each, Topaz is 10%. Also, it isn't just hard CC like stun/freeze. It also includes chill, slow, the bees melee slow, etc.

True, but I am in grizzly rage the vast majority of the time and bulwark in gaps. Which is unstoppable, and thus no CC can be applied. Would just be a waste imo. Where as sapphires are basically on 24/7 if I am attacking at all.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I have 3x CC breaks and -25.7% CC duration reduction from Paragon. Topaz are basically useless for me. Making it Rubies or Amethysts as the only options.

In high dungeon keys, the only thing that usually kills me is poison. PvP is similar.

Also, I have a shit-ton of life due to having near-perfect rings, perfect pants and helm. So Rubies are good.

I thought the research had been done, and ruby +% life works from base and ignores any +life you have on items.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users