Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Something I’ve not seen talked about, I’m either stupid fucking lucky or they upped the Uber unique drop rate outside of Ubers. Necro had a grandfather drop while leveling, Barbarian ring of starless skies and Rogue a doombringer.

They upped it it. I have gotten 3 Ubers so far. Necklace. Tyriels BP and starless skies. I need a Doombringer for my Thorns build. No luck.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Something I’ve not seen talked about, I’m either stupid fucking lucky or they upped the Uber unique drop rate outside of Ubers. Necro had a grandfather drop while leveling, Barbarian ring of starless skies and Rogue a doombringer.

Must be nice, so far I've only found a Doombringer from Duriel and nothing while leveling. In fact they touted so much that there was much less bullshit loot to pick up this season but that was a lie. I haven't found much good in the overworld or helltides, but then again I haven't been logging in as much.

I said this before but it bears repeating. They tried to save the game by making it Diablo 3 which was a step up from the aids that was Diablo 4 on launch but they fall into the same terrible design choices they did in Diablo 3.

Everything is some version of scaling (greater rift) faggotry. While some might find super enjoyment clicking up 1 pit level, 1 challenge mode, 1 greater rift at a time typically you hit the exponential wall and the return on the gameplay isn't worth the effort at fucking all.

Same with the (ancient gear) greater aspect garbage. Trying to find the perfect pieces of gear should be a bonus if the game is fun but once you get semi decent gear you will not be changing that shit hardly ever. Again it kills any desire to really move up and there is nothing you can really work towards. Uber bosses for Uber Uniques but thats kind of a joke in and of itself.

They added the sparks so you can get the items you really want or need by leveling a couple of characters through helltides which is mindless and fun but only for so long until it's just tedium. Other ARPGs just have much more depth, target farming, challenge that is more than just dicknuts_03 +1. These American Inventors at Diablo 3 copied the American Inventors that made WoW M+ and it's all shit design for lazy developers.

I think going forward almost the same as Diablo 3 turned out. It will be worth a week or two play when new seasons come out as you blast and get rewarded for your time but as soon as you hit the wall of utter bullshit fail design you drop off fuck off and forget the franchise exsists until the next season.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Honestly the best parts of this season has been the bugs, I’m fine with the pits, but the % chance to drop GA gear needs to increase inside it.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Honestly the best parts of this season has been the bugs, I’m fine with the pits, but the % chance to drop GA gear needs to increase inside it.

Yeah I mean if every level higher increased the chance for greater affix and uber uniques. Seems like common fucking sense but then again this is Blizzard and it is faggot month so they are probably busy blowing each other.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

If people are getting them outside of Uber bosses, my luck must be bad then, yet good due to the item I got?

The very first kill of normal Durial gave me a Harlequin Crest (the only uber I got to drop), which kept me playing, and ended up leveling a Barb and Necro to 100 (and maxed rep on a rogue by 72 for the 4th shard). I put together a Flay Barb and a Golem Necro with rank 15 runes and 2/3 masterwork weapon(s) plus ~2 other of their best items. The necro was easily the more powerful build out of the gate, so switched to it.

Thinking Tormented Durial would certainly have a better Uber drop rate than normal, thought I decided to save all mats and gear up to kill him. Thanks to someone mentioning the Holy Bolt cheese making it much much easier, I was able to kill Tormented Durial with the necro without running more Pit or NM dungeons to get runes over 15. Thirteen Tormented Durial kills later, not a single Uber had dropped. So I went and bought a Tyrael's Might (w/ shards) for my Barb, put it on, and decided I was done for the season.

Dunno if high Pit is giving people Ubers, as I only got to 58 on my druid before switching, and never doing it again.

TLDR: First normal Durial kill gave me a Harlequin Crest; 13 Tormented Durial kills gave me nothing. Also, I was still spending 30%+ of my playtime looking at loot.

Last edited:

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have 2 characters at 100 with maybe 20 Uber Duriel runs, zero Uber Uniques. About to craft one though but need to farm some gold.

Burns

I have 2 characters at 100 with maybe 20 Uber Duriel runs, zero Uber Uniques. About to craft one though but need to farm some gold.
I started selling every item instead of disenchanting it before I even switched to a different class. Sitting at Maiden in a Helltide netting 100+ items per ~45 min is a decent chunk of gold. I hovered around 100m gold most of the time, and stopped rerolling items when they hit around 1 mil per attempt (although I generally didn't reroll unless it was an major upgrade, or a very high initial roll).

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Definitely higher unique drops rate over last season, plus the guaranteed (?) uniques from loot caches from hell tide progress. The irony is in revamping the loot they really neutered a lot of the uniques. Unless there is a very situational and specific ability most of them suck now vs tempered gear. Need to be able to add at least one temper to uniques to even make most worth considering.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
They upped it it. I have gotten 3 Ubers so far. Necklace. Tyriels BP and starless skies. I need a Doombringer for my Thorns build. No luck.

I've seen one uber on three characters and I've run probably ~12 tormented Duriel.

WTF my luck...

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
So... I'm surprised this thread hasn't disintegrated to shit bashing the game (like waiting on the Star Wars/MCU threads!).

I'm guessing D4 is worth trying out again?

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shmoopy

So... I'm surprised this thread hasn't disintegrated to shit bashing the game (like waiting on the Star Wars/MCU threads!).

I'm guessing D4 is worth trying out again?
Definitely. They fixed mostly everything.

I'm pretty casual and hit 100 in the first 2 weeks, doing Nightmare Dungeons 80+, maxed my relevant Paragon Glyphs pretty easy, farming Ubers, etc.

If you are coop-ing with friends its even better. :emoji_thumbsup:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seems like gold and gem drops went up too
Gold sinks vastly outpaced whatever increase there might have been to drops. The whole system needs to be changed like MW material conversion was (maybe not -99% everywhere, but even -80% wouldn't be too outlandish).

Another problem I've run into is veiled crystals. If you ignore rares for a while because your inventory fills up too damn fast even just picking up legendaries, you'll find yourself completely out of them even though you have 1000's or 10000's of everything else. I guess angelbreath is a real problem too, though fortunately that one is a non-issue for anyone who [ab]uses the helltide glitch.

Same with the (ancient gear) greater aspect garbage. Trying to find the perfect pieces of gear should be a bonus if the game is fun but once you get semi decent gear you will not be changing that shit hardly ever. Again it kills any desire to really move up and there is nothing you can really work towards. Uber bosses for Uber Uniques but thats kind of a joke in and of itself.
This is pretty much where I'm at right now too. I finally learned how to level a character correctly by the time I got to rogue (#4 to 100) and so I switched over to NMDs after getting a baseline of ancestral gear from a couple helltides. This way I was getting 925 gear vastly earlier than normal so by the time I hit 100 I had been doing rank 91-100 NMDs for 7-8 levels, had gear that had all the correct stats and tempers but wasn't already obsolete due to ilvl being low, and my last glyph hit 21 around level 98. Downside is it's now extremely difficult to replace anything, even though I'm still missing GAs in several slots. I found an xbow with GA vuln damage and hit the right tempers/MW4 so it's almost impossible to replace with a proper bow instead. Same goes with the rest of the slots. Even when I finally find a good GA or 2GA, the fucking blacksmith bricks it every time or maybe I manage to get past that with the right stats but low rolls and then the enchanter runs me up to 2 or 3 million gold trying to get the last stat I need (just basic shit like armor/crit/lucky hit, I know better than to try to roll for +3 ranks to a skill now).

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I got this installed and I am going to give it a try. Is there a specific class/build that should be avoided? Also, I am assuming that the best way to play it is to just run through the campaign first? Does that character then carryover into online play?

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Burns

Gold sinks vastly outpaced whatever increase there might have been to drops. The whole system needs to be changed like MW material conversion was (maybe not -99% everywhere, but even -80% wouldn't be too outlandish).

Another problem I've run into is veiled crystals. If you ignore rares for a while because your inventory fills up too damn fast even just picking up legendaries, you'll find yourself completely out of them even though you have 1000's or 10000's of everything else. I guess angelbreath is a real problem too, though fortunately that one is a non-issue for anyone who [ab]uses the helltide glitch.

This is pretty much where I'm at right now too. I finally learned how to level a character correctly by the time I got to rogue (#4 to 100) and so I switched over to NMDs after getting a baseline of ancestral gear from a couple helltides. This way I was getting 925 gear vastly earlier than normal so by the time I hit 100 I had been doing rank 91-100 NMDs for 7-8 levels, had gear that had all the correct stats and tempers but wasn't already obsolete due to ilvl being low, and my last glyph hit 21 around level 98. Downside is it's now extremely difficult to replace anything, even though I'm still missing GAs in several slots. I found an xbow with GA vuln damage and hit the right tempers/MW4 so it's almost impossible to replace with a proper bow instead. Same goes with the rest of the slots. Even when I finally find a good GA or 2GA, the fucking blacksmith bricks it every time or maybe I manage to get past that with the right stats but low rolls and then the enchanter runs me up to 2 or 3 million gold trying to get the last stat I need (just basic shit like armor/crit/lucky hit, I know better than to try to roll for +3 ranks to a skill now).
I found being level 70 with a mindcage running was giving me over 50% i925s. Once I hit 80 with a mindcage running, it felt like I was getting 90% i925 drops. On my Necro, I was in full 925s by the time I hit 80, outside of a neckless, which was 844ish, since it rolled +3 to the right ability (Hellbent Commander).

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I got this installed and I am going to give it a try. Is there a specific class/build that should be avoided? Also, I am assuming that the best way to play it is to just run through the campaign first? Does that character then carryover into online play?

Most classes have good to great builds. If there's a specific interest I'd ask them after you've tried some skills out. For instance, I love melee rogues, but wouldn't recommend them unless hybrid. And I kept trying necro builds without minions and just wasn't worth it. Both still viable for basic fun, but hit walls.

The campaign and map renown goals and getting the mount opens things up for other characters. So, yeah, do the campaign even though it's weak. Then never again.

It's all online/live. Seasonal characters go to an eternal realm. No reason to not start seasonal.

• 2Like