Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Looks like a fun Rogue build. Might just roll one during the goblin event with that sweet XP boost. Sorcerer is meh so far, but I'm still in WT3, so hopefully it gets more fun. Pretty much on schedule to have a 100 in each class, but probably will only do tormented bosses with one, if I can get the required uber unique to drop. Tempest roar is giving my headaches.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Gold sinks vastly outpaced whatever increase there might have been to drops. The whole system needs to be changed like MW material conversion was (maybe not -99% everywhere, but even -80% wouldn't be too outlandish).

Another problem I've run into is veiled crystals. If you ignore rares for a while because your inventory fills up too damn fast even just picking up legendaries, you'll find yourself completely out of them even though you have 1000's or 10000's of everything else. I guess angelbreath is a real problem too, though fortunately that one is a non-issue for anyone who [ab]uses the helltide glitch.

This is pretty much where I'm at right now too. I finally learned how to level a character correctly by the time I got to rogue (#4 to 100) and so I switched over to NMDs after getting a baseline of ancestral gear from a couple helltides. This way I was getting 925 gear vastly earlier than normal so by the time I hit 100 I had been doing rank 91-100 NMDs for 7-8 levels, had gear that had all the correct stats and tempers but wasn't already obsolete due to ilvl being low, and my last glyph hit 21 around level 98. Downside is it's now extremely difficult to replace anything, even though I'm still missing GAs in several slots. I found an xbow with GA vuln damage and hit the right tempers/MW4 so it's almost impossible to replace with a proper bow instead. Same goes with the rest of the slots. Even when I finally find a good GA or 2GA, the fucking blacksmith bricks it every time or maybe I manage to get past that with the right stats but low rolls and then the enchanter runs me up to 2 or 3 million gold trying to get the last stat I need (just basic shit like armor/crit/lucky hit, I know better than to try to roll for +3 ranks to a skill now).

Angelbreath are the mats I am always low on personally. What is this helltide glitch for them?

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Angelbreath are the mats I am always low on personally. What is this helltide glitch for them?
Logout when threat reaches max so you stay at that level permanently (til death anyway). Tons of elites spawn and they all drop angelbreath.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I found being level 70 with a mindcage running was giving me over 50% i925s. Once I hit 80 with a mindcage running, it felt like I was getting 90% i925 drops. On my Necro, I was in full 925s by the time I hit 80, outside of a neckless, which was 844ish, since it rolled +3 to the right ability (Hellbent Commander).
You can do nightmare dungeons way over your level with a good build too to net 925s early.

Edit: Nm looks like Vorph Vorph covered it.

Burns

You can do nightmare dungeons way over your level with a good build too to net 925s early.

Edit: Nm looks like Vorph Vorph covered it.
Pretty sure I was getting more 925s per hour at level 80 while sitting at maiden in Helltide w/ mindcage than I got chain running nightmare dungeons to skill up the runes to 15 at 90.

Necro at 90 was able to do 70+ nightmare dungeon keys (think I may have done up to 90 before hitting level 100), so I did tradeoff speed for more rune xp. Still, I don't think I could come close to getting the same amount of 925s by chain running level 50 keys (or whatever NM keys keep the mobs at level 100 - 105).

By picking them up, then throwing non-star items on the ground, I could get up to 150 legos an hour, during prime time, by fishing for quick killing Maiden groups, or eventually just soloing her. I would only go back to town when the kills started taking more than 30 seconds, then make numerous trips back and forth in quick succession, dropping Legos in my bank (2+ empty tabs before starting the Helltide) and selling yellows.

After a while, I knew there were some legos that were auto vendor items, so would sell those w/o looking at them (helms, shields, 1h weps, off-hands, then ever expanding non-star items). The auto-sort feature also sorts by item level, so I would quickly scan for the break between 925 and anything lower, then just vendor those too, when/if the bank was getting full.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure I was getting more 925s per hour at level 80 while sitting at maiden in Helltide w/ mindcage than I got chain running nightmare dungeons to skill up the runes to 15 at 90.

Yes.

Helltide is the best way to farm dots.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Also, focusing on wolves rep and getting all the high level items by the early 70s, makes surviving with a mindcage easier. If you are ahead of the curve while progressing the rep, it also allows you to easily finish the keystone dungeons. I didn't push the keystones as fast as I probably should, but ~12 levels under was still a cakewalk for both.

If you want to maximize rep gains, the Helltide chests in World Tier 2 cost 100 currency and give 120 rep, whereas the Hellide chests in World Tier 3 only award something like 60 rep. You keep the currency when you switch tiers and the WT3/4 gear from the chests (when you are below 70) is generally worthless, because you have better items from the wolf rep chests.

Last edited:

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Have they announced anything for next season? Hoping they bring more depth to itemization and maybe even add to the skill tree. Probably expecting too much but would be awesome, really enjoyed cooping dungeons, just gets old quick with nothing to improve for.

The Pit doesn't really sound appealing to me :(

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
If you want to maximize rep gains, the Helltide chests in World Tier 2 cost 100 currency and give 120 rep, whereas the Hellide chests in World Tier 3 only award something like 60 rep. You keep the currency when you switch tiers and the WT3/4 gear from the chests (when you are below 70) is generally worthless, because you have better items from the wolf rep chests.

I was getting bored with the wolf rep grind as I'd gotten behind on it. Definitely the fastest way is farm one hit maidens in WT2 then open a bunch of the 100 mystery chests. Didn't even bother going back to WT4 for the better loot from chests. It's dumb and rep should probably be increased at higher levels, but that's how it goes.

• 1Like

Burns

I was getting bored with the wolf rep grind as I'd gotten behind on it. Definitely the fastest way is farm one hit maidens in WT2 then open a bunch of the 100 mystery chests. Didn't even bother going back to WT4 for the better loot from chests. It's dumb and rep should probably be increased at higher levels, but that's how it goes.
I think you get currency faster in WT 3, then faster still in WT 4. So if you run around with constantly spawning worms and elites from the sploit or sit at Maiden (also spawning elites and worms, but less often) in WT 3/4, you can make enough currency to open all the boxes (in WT 2) faster.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Have they announced anything for next season? Hoping they bring more depth to itemization and maybe even add to the skill tree. Probably expecting too much but would be awesome, really enjoyed cooping dungeons, just gets old quick with nothing to improve for.

The Pit doesn't really sound appealing to me :(
Nothing yet. I'd venture a guess and say they are basically done with the game. Maybe pinch out an xpac and then more or less abandon it like they did with D3.

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Made an alt. At level 80 I can open all the boxes in WTF4 NP at all. That's with meh gear and a couple holy bolt pots. Granted that is knowing WTF to avoid for deaths and maxxed threat.

Forgot about NM dungeons. Hit the ground running.

Guess I'll make a 100 attempt.

aaa.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande

Necro at 90 was able to do 70+ nightmare dungeon keys (think I may have done up to 90 before hitting level 100), so I did tradeoff speed for more rune xp. Still, I don't think I could come close to getting the same amount of 925s by chain running level 50 keys (or whatever NM keys keep the mobs at level 100 - 105).
Way I did it is to do Helltide until I could beat a Nightmare Dungeon with lv100 mobs to get 925 gear, grind my runes, then switch back to Helltide around lv90 when mindcage would cause lv100 mobs to spawn so I always got 925 there.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Nobody here should be doing anything besides WT4. If you need someone to run you through the capstones, hmu.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Nothing yet. I'd venture a guess and say they are basically done with the game. Maybe pinch out an xpac and then more or less abandon it like they did with D3.

It released on game pass like six weeks ago and PS5 as well. There’s tens of thousands of new players, so there’s no way they’re abandoning this.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Rules for maxing rep in Helltide:
1. Do not mount
2. If there are people doing Maiden, go there until you have ~800 cinders
2a. If there’s no one at Maiden, start collecting cindere
3. Get max threat—get max threat bug
4. Open every chest in the region you started in, then open every chest in the other region
5. If you have any time left, go back to Maiden until the end of the Helltide

Bonus: If you do this in a group of 4 and everyone is max threat, you will blow through levels and rep so fkn fast

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Nah. The game is way too healthy to abandon. I have only seen this many players since launch.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity