Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Goatface

looks like they messed up the goblin event, single spawn goblins with treasure bags with sub-925 items (low 800's) and the gold and xp bonus delayed

also patch notes, but don't think these are live yet

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What's with 'adjusting' three pit bosses that are non-issues, while once again leaving that faggot outlaw sharpshooter untouched?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

It was weird they were delaying mothers blessing till a later day so glad that they switched it on now instead

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

It was weird they were delaying mothers blessing till a later day so glad that they switched it on now instead

Yeah, that was a real head scratcher. Even the way they presented it in the table was confusing.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone seen any goblin swarms? I've never seen them in D4. Haven't played in a few hours, but when I played this morning I was just seeing the occasional goblin and they'd seem to chain together a little, dropping a bag w/ a 925 lego and yellow usually.

The first one spit out a unique helm w/ star... kinda had my hopes up for a moment, but was just a barbarian helm.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone seen any goblin swarms? I've never seen them in D4. Haven't played in a few hours, but when I played this morning I was just seeing the occasional goblin and they'd seem to chain together a little, dropping a bag w/ a 925 lego and yellow usually.

The first one spit out a unique helm w/ star... kinda had my hopes up for a moment, but was just a barbarian helm.

Got six within the first 15 min of logging in and didn’t see another for the next 45 min. Seemed weird.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Nobody here should be doing anything besides WT4. If you need someone to run you through the capstones, hmu.

Huh?

I'm talking about farming iron wolf rep at max level (well past the point I felt hell tides were useful or fun). Threat bug aside, maybe, it's much faster in WT2 insta killing maiden then opening those chests because the rep for kills isn't changed between difficulty tiers and the chests are cheaper to open. And doesn't slow you down looking at loot because it's all low level.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Huh?

I'm talking about farming iron wolf rep at max level (well past the point I felt hell tides were useful or fun). Threat bug aside, maybe, it's much faster in WT2 insta killing maiden then opening those chests because the rep for kills isn't changed between difficulty tiers and the chests are cheaper to open. And doesn't slow you down looking at loot because it's all low level.

Do regular chests give 60 rep and orange chests give 180 rep in WT2? Even if they do you’re going to be getting way worse drops, so it’s a wasteful and inefficient strategy.

You’re not going to save so much time that not getting good drops will make up for.

Burns

Do regular chests give 60 rep and orange chests give 180 rep in WT2? Even if they do you’re going to be getting way worse drops, so it’s a wasteful and inefficient strategy.

You’re not going to save so much time that not getting good drops will make up for.
The WT1/2 chests are all the same, and give 120 rep for 100 cinders. The rep boxes give gear that is set item levels with guaranteed uniques in them. If you get rep fast enough you can have ilevel 750+ weapon at 55, maybe even a higher ilevel. The gear in WT4 was mostly worthless for my level 60 toons, because they had better from rep. Once hitting 70 with a mindcage, I started to get more higher items than what I had from rep.

The last 3 boxes from rep give 800+ item level items (I think some 850 items in the last one) and I had the rep maxed by 72 on one character and 74 on the other.

Edit: I logged on my rogue, which I stopped playing as soon as I hit max rep (@level 72), but I don't remember what came from drops. My item levels are as follows:
Helm: 807
Chest: 786 w/ 1 star
Gloves: 841 w/ 1 star
Pants: 861
Boots: 888 w/ 1 star
Neck: 840
Ring1: 888
Ring2: 888 w/ 1 star
Bow/crossbow: 879
Weapon1: 880 w/ 1 star
Weapon2: 890

Edit2: I think the 888 stuff all came from a rep box, because they all have the same required level as well, which is 58.
Edit3: I think a couple of ilevel 900 uniques in my bags also came from rep boxes because they both say level 58:

Screenshot 2024-06-06 223742.png

Screenshot 2024-06-06 223706.png

Edit4: Finally, as a reminder, you don't have to collect cinders in WT2, just stock up in WT4 with higher xp and cinder rate, then move to WT2 to open all the chests for rep. I didn't find WT2 cinder collecting to be faster, but then I didn't just sit there 1 shotting WT2 maiden, so YMMV. Also, I did occasionally die in WT4 with a mindcage on, so that wasn't great.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

It's 100 cinders for 120 rep if I recall. All white mystery chests. They aren't color coded in wt2. Insta killing maiden for 180 rep I think, then opening a bunch of close chests for 100/120 after. It's fast rep if rep is the goal.

If the goal is grinding the last of iron wolf rep, which it definitely was on my second 100 that was getting boring and only wanting the spark so I could move on, then yes it's faster than WT4 except maybe if grouped or threat bugged, the former not being something I'm interested in and the latter not being something I've gotten to work on Xbox.

Drops? At 100 I hadn't had an upgrade in like 9 hours of NMDs and the pit, and of course slowly grinding rep through iron wolf rewards that were still giving me sacred drops because I'd neglected hell tides for so long getting glyphs to max and doing other stuff than repeating the same shit for the umpteenth time. Drops. lol.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
If you get rep fast enough you can have ilevel 750+ weapon at 55, maybe even a higher ilevel. The gear in WT4 was mostly worthless for my level 60 toons, because they had better from rep. Once hitting 70 with a mindcage, I started to get more higher items than what I had from rep.

My situation was the opposite, but same solution to farm WT2. No upgrades in forever at level 100, bored on a toon and getting sacred gear from rep boxes with hundreds of maiden summoning stones and finding WT4 rep grind slow and boring.

Either way, if the primary goal is rep, then sadly WT2 is a fast way to get it. I say sadly because it's either dumb design or more mistakes that the rep isn't dependent on difficulty and one can switch and keep cinders unlike whisper stuff.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
It's 100 cinders for 120 rep if I recall. All white mystery chests. They aren't color coded in wt2. Insta killing maiden for 180 rep I think, then opening a bunch of close chests for 100/120 after. It's fast rep if rep is the goal.

If the goal is grinding the last of iron wolf rep, which it definitely was on my second 100 that was getting boring and only wanting the spark so I could move on, then yes it's faster than WT4 except maybe if grouped or threat bugged, the former not being something I'm interested in and the latter not being something I've gotten to work on Xbox.

Drops? At 100 I hadn't had an upgrade in like 9 hours of NMDs and the pit, and of course slowly grinding rep through iron wolf rewards that were still giving me sacred drops because I'd neglected hell tides for so long getting glyphs to max and doing other stuff than repeating the same shit for the umpteenth time. Drops. lol.

NMD’s and low pits are the worse place to farm items. Helltide and high pits are where you get your dotted items.

Yeah man, you never want to be anywhere but WT4. You get more/better of everything.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
NMD’s and low pits are the worse place to farm items. Helltide and high pits are where you get your dotted items.

Yeah man, you never want to be anywhere but WT4. You get more/better of everything.

I moved to WT2 for like 45 minutes on my second 100 character for a very specific reason to farm rep as was being discussed and multiple people have repeatedly tried to explain to you why, and you just keep posting about WT4 like you found some game hack. It's like you haven't actually read a single post or responded relevantly to a single broader discussion, and when context is given you just pick up a few keywords and type some other irrelevant shit just to see yourself post stuff. Move your ADHD goalposts up your ass and perforate your bowels with them, or stop drunk posting.

You don't get more/better rep, actually, as has been explained you fucking boomer retard.

• 1Worf
  • 1Hodjing

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I moved to WT2 for like 45 minutes on my second 100 character for a very specific reason to farm rep as was being discussed and multiple people have repeatedly tried to explain to you why, and you just keep posting about WT4 like you found some game hack. It's like you haven't actually read a single post or responded relevantly to a single broader discussion, and when context is given you just pick up a few keywords and type some other irrelevant shit just to see yourself post stuff. Move your ADHD goalposts up your ass and perforate your bowels with them, or stop drunk posting.

You don't get more/better rep, actually, as has been explained you fucking boomer retard.

I didn’t mention rep bc it sounds like it’s the same. You’re basically farming items and xp (for your non 100’s) instead of farming good items and xp for the same rep. Like I said, there’s no reason to ever be in a lower tier.

So yeah, I read your posts and you’re just being illogical about the whole thing. Getting mad at me doesn’t change that, but I hope it makes you feel better to call me names, lol.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure there's no difference in GA drops regardless of level. All you need to be in is an area which guarantees 925 drops, and helltide will always be the best due to sheer volume, plus the fact that maiden (and loot goblins) can drop ubers. That's why I switched to leveling my rogue in NMDs when I couldn't yet force helltide level to go high enough to guarantee 925 drops, because there's nothing worse than getting a really good 2 or 3 GA item that rolled 840. I ended up staying there until all the glyphs hit 21 just because doing NMDs is pure ass cancer when you're already 100.

And high pits are probably the worst place of all to farm drops, all you want from there is MW materials and the best is always to do whatever the highest multiple of 5 minus 1 (so 84, 89, 94, 99, etc.) that you can do in like 3 minutes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users