Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Damn nice roll, but you're in the same boat as I am with my 3GA sword. Eventually you realize that the best possible stats on 1H+OH can't even compete with a plain old no-GA scythe. The damage-per-hit stat is king by just too wide a margin. I finally caved and swapped mine out yesterday while respeccing to a build that uses Blood Mist instead of Blight and the difference is night and day. That's without even starting to MW the scythe too.

-------------------------
Switching over to barb -- anyone play Bash at like the 100+ pit level know why people don't try to capitalize on Bash's 50% lucky hit chance for 100% vuln uptime the same way that Heartseeker rogues do? Just for kicks I swapped out my Elements aspect for Accursed Touch and even with only minimal vuln dmg on my gear compared to all the crit dmg I have, the difference in clear speed was massive. I can do a 94 speedrun faster than I used to do 89's, and that includes running into that retarded sharpshooter boss twice in a row and killing it deathless.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Oh I have my Pit Push 2 hander.

Not the best but I just started up this season a few days ago.

Screenshot (495).png

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've literally only ever seen two 3 dot items and one was item level 906.

• 1Like

Vorph

I've had about 8 or 9 now, all but 3 were vendor trash though. First was my necro sword that seemed perfect but ultimately is useless, second was a 2H axe that would've been perfect for my barb after rolling the GA willpower to plain str but the asshole smith bricked it, and the third was ias/crit/something useless that I rolled to lucky hit gloves that I use on my rogue.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
New Patch notes out for June 17th

All buffs, only small nerf to Holy Bolts on Necro but they nerfed hp in Pit so it should even out.

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch is kind of pathetic. Nothing fought back before, let's make it so that's true for even longer in Pits and the Uber bosses. At some point the game needs to pretend to fight back before you are 20+ hours played into it.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
New Patch notes out for June 17th

All buffs, only small nerf to Holy Bolts on Necro but they nerfed hp in Pit so it should even out.
Holy Fuck, did someone actually send a real memo about fun? Are they really not going to fuck this up?

• 1Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Patch is kind of pathetic. Nothing fought back before, let's make it so that's true for even longer in Pits and the Uber bosses. At some point the game needs to pretend to fight back before you are 20+ hours played into it.
You can have as much challenge as you want; just hit the Capstones earlier and then the Trial of the Horn/Pit/NMD and push sooner rather than later. Nothing is stopping you from doing it 5 levels sooner than you think. I am not a rusher/pusher etc but I did the WT3 at 40 and WT4 at 55 with all of my characters this season. If you need the challenge, try it 5 levels sooner or more and get back to us. In the Pits, you can drive that level as high as you want/can survive. Believe me, it fight backs pretty quickly.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can have as much challenge as you want; just hit the Capstones earlier and then the Trial of the Horn/Pit/NMD and push sooner rather than later. Nothing is stopping you from doing it 5 levels sooner than you think. I am not a rusher/pusher etc but I did the WT3 at 40 and WT4 at 55 with all of my characters this season. If you need the challenge, try it 5 levels sooner or more and get back to us. In the Pits, you can drive that level as high as you want/can survive. Believe me, it fight backs pretty quickly.

That's nice but there's literally zero incentive to do it. Pits don't reward better gear or anything, you don't get more XP from going to WT3 or 4 earlier as xp buffs cap at a 10 level difference. There's no incentive for the player to not take the safe, easy reward which of course players always do and constitutes the entire experience of Diablo 4. There's an utter and complete lack of risk vs reward in the game.

You also got the levels wrong for the WT3 capstone. You do it at 35 because that's when Sacred gear unlocks. It's also easy as fuck to do with tempers outscaling everything in early game.

Last edited:

Argarth

On the verandah
That's nice but there's literally zero incentive to do it. Pits don't reward better gear or anything, you don't get more XP from going to WT3 or 4 earlier as xp buffs cap at a 10 level difference. There's no incentive for the player to not take the safe, easy reward. There's an utter and complete lack of risk vs reward in the game.
Well, that's another complaint altogether, of course.

skylan

Trakanon Raider
I said I wouldn't after season 1 but since this season got so much praise I gave it a shot.

Had a enjoyable time for about 4 days. I hit level 90 and was doing pit and NM dungeons and getting some incremental upgrades. On day 5 I went from "this is fun" to "is this it?" in about 2 hours and quit. Once I have a full set of 925 gear even if I see something incrementally better it's such a pain in the ass to replace the piece that I'm just salvaging everything rather than bother. Tempering, enchanting, aspecting, gemming, with a bunch of RNG bullshit really makes it just not worthwhile for a 3% vulnerable damage on my weapon because chances are my tempering or enchanting is going to brick the thing anyways or be shittier than the current rolls anyways. There's gotta be some incentive to keep grinding and upgrading your gear and I just don't see it. Even progressing the pit doesn't seem to give any better items. I didn't beat Lilith , or Duriel so maybe that's something to work towards but I just don't care enough to for some reason.

Feels like they realized their game is not good enough to keep people playing long term so they decided to just make it so you could do it all in a couple of days and maybe you'll pop in from season to season.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Argarth

On the verandah
I've levelled 2 characters to 100 this season. Never made it past 87 prior to this go around.

Yeah it's pretty easy, but if I had to slog for a hundred hours to "finish" one, I'd drop this like a hot potato. I did that shit in PoE and have no desire to ever revisit those days. Sure I'll check out PoE 2 when it lands. I hope it's completely different to D4, and that will be a good thing.

Anyway, both classes have been incredibly FUN to play, and I find myself quite enjoying the crafting, and now I'm collecting gear to experiment with some other builds. I'm having a great time, and the pace suits me just fine. I really wish they would do something about the NMD Glyph grind. That part still pisses me off.
I'm about to hit the progression wall myself soon, and I get the risk/reward complaints. No problem with that. Guess that makes me a filthy old casual these days.

I'll give Blizzard credit where it's due though.
Recently did a major upgrade to my PC, and with Ultra textures, and everything native/maxed, the game looks absolutely gorgeous and runs flawlessly no matter how much chaos is on the screen. They certainly know how to make a damn game engine. Huge props for that.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I said I wouldn't after season 1 but since this season got so much praise I gave it a shot.

Had a enjoyable time for about 4 days. I hit level 90 and was doing pit and NM dungeons and getting some incremental upgrades. On day 5 I went from "this is fun" to "is this it?" in about 2 hours and quit. Once I have a full set of 925 gear even if I see something incrementally better it's such a pain in the ass to replace the piece that I'm just salvaging everything rather than bother. Tempering, enchanting, aspecting, gemming, with a bunch of RNG bullshit really makes it just not worthwhile for a 3% vulnerable damage on my weapon because chances are my tempering or enchanting is going to brick the thing anyways or be shittier than the current rolls anyways. There's gotta be some incentive to keep grinding and upgrading your gear and I just don't see it. Even progressing the pit doesn't seem to give any better items. I didn't beat Lilith , or Duriel so maybe that's something to work towards but I just don't care enough to for some reason.

Feels like they realized their game is not good enough to keep people playing long term so they decided to just make it so you could do it all in a couple of days and maybe you'll pop in from season to season.

I mean......yes?

How many hours did you put into Season 4? Let's call that number X.

When was the last time you put in X hours in another game? What game was that? And did you have to spend any money in that game?

Diablo 4 is fun enough, it's definitely in a better place now than at anytime since launch. I've probably put in 20-30 hours into Season 4, I'm still playing sporadically. That's not bad considering I've spent zero dollars for this season (of course I did have my initial purchase price when I bought the game). But it seems fun enough to return to when I feel like it and play a game and not spend any money. I played Season 1 and now Season 4, skipping the rest. We will see what the future holds. I'm holding off on getting the expansion until it actually launches and then I'll see whether or not I want to buy it.

skylan

Trakanon Raider
I mean......yes?

How many hours did you put into Season 4? Let's call that number X.

When was the last time you put in X hours in another game? What game was that? And did you have to spend any money in that game?

Diablo 4 is fun enough, it's definitely in a better place now than at anytime since launch. I've probably put in 20-30 hours into Season 4, I'm still playing sporadically. That's not bad considering I've spent zero dollars for this season (of course I did have my initial purchase price when I bought the game). But it seems fun enough to return to when I feel like it and play a game and not spend any money. I played Season 1 and now Season 4, skipping the rest. We will see what the future holds. I'm holding off on getting the expansion until it actually launches and then I'll see whether or not I want to buy it.

I guess I spent about 30 hours in the game. I just got done with V rising, 60 there. So the dollar per hour of enjoyment definitely doesn't favor d4. I'm still bitter at the $100 price tag for d4 especially given its state at release. Sure I had fun for about 25 hours but part of the fun was thinking I was building up to some end game which is not there. Not knocking anyone for enjoying it, just giving my take.

Vorph

They REALLY gave Barbs some luvin.
Yeah, that was weird considering flay (strongest build) got almost as much love as ww/dd. Bash got nothing, sad times.

Really gotta get me a Tyrael's Might now too. Ain't just for leveling and speedrunning anymore with that buff.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Try 200+ 🥴

• 1Worf