calculating-puzzled.gif

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
honestly this mindset is whats allowing companies to pump out shit games lol

What kind of retarded take is that?

Unless you're so poor that you can't spend money on something unless it lasts an entire lifetime, then it's how all entertainment should be judged.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Xevy

Log Wizard

Unless you're so poor that you can't spend money on something unless it lasts an entire lifetime, then it's how all entertainment should be judged.
The real shitters are the ones buying cosmetics and Battle Passes for games that take a huge dump like these. Pretty sure most people who spent 70 bucks got at LEAST 20 hours of gameplay. Was it GOOD gameplay? That's subjective, who knows. But if they're looking to spend time on something they can CHOOSE to spend time on they got their moneys worth.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

His point isnt invalid - When i asked others if they were purchasing it, they all went "Depends on the late game and if there is shit to do". So he's not wrong, and i imagine alot of players think this way as this is supposed to be a more MMO'ish take on Diablo. That said i enjoyed it while it lasted but these changes do make it somewhat pointless to even log in. I had the most fun in Helltides, but instead of making them fun, they decided to hit the "Gay" button.

I was hoping they would add in The Butcher and some other more interesting aspects into Helltides to beef them up. Instead they pressed "up" on the keyboard a few times and "down" 40+ times as they nerfed the drops and the classes.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Xev needs this game to be good so that he can stream another game on Twitch that no one will watch him play.
I sometimes imagine a world where I have a Streaming/Youtube channel and this hits me in a private place where no one watches me play things. Ouch, Baby Very Ouch.
Austin Powers Nerd GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 483150

Gotta get that engagement up somehow. Make them kill the randomly spawned no firm timer bosses 15 times.

On eternal realm bosses drop so much materials per kill, you only ever killed a world boss maybe 4-5 times at most before never needing to do it again. I have plenty of material and never even need to worry about running out and I only killed a handful of bosses. When I went to use my materials I was actually surprised so few boss kills gave me so much padding. That's fine with me since the current implementation of bosses and their difficulty suck ass anyway.

Stuff like forcing 15 boss kills is abusing the timers to increase engagement. Which is fine if it's a fun activity. But it's not.

Given how they fucked up all the other aspects of the game, bosses are now probably one of the best effort/loot ratios left. Tier 4 bosses usually die in under 30 seconds, and you usually end up with at least 1 or 2 legendaries, plus a grand cache once a week. The last one I killed dropped a ilvl 802 Infinite of the Rainment - of course with the shittiest range of the unique ability possible.

Helltides suck now, we will see if they revert back to previous cinder drop or not. NM dungeons drop rate is probably similar to before since you get more items at the end, but clear speed is much slower so exp rate is worse. Exp rate is worse everywhere, which shows how uneducated they are about the whole ARPG genre. We want to kill fast and loot fast, like slot machine pulls. If you are going to make me wait 5 minutes between pulls, then I better get something out of each pull, otherwise why am I gonna bother.

• 1Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
A non gamer female game designer played WoW for a week as research and had fun being lv10 in Stormwind waving at other players, she then went on instagram and liked her friends posts.

So now D4 has emotes and multiplayer towns/world for literally no reason.

I know that PoE has this too, but there is no way amyone at Blizzard has played PoE.
Funny thing about this. Dave brevik said in a really old interview. When he was working on the 2nd d2 expansion or d3. (He didn't even know what to call it) they were going for huge multi-player towns and areas with Uber bosses for groups.

Fast forward a number of years. And we had what he dis with marvel heroes. Which felt amazing to me. I do really miss that game.

Also does d4 not have a group finding tool? Or have I been blind for 88lvls lol

• 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
Funny thing about this. Dave brevik said in a really old interview. When he was working on the 2nd d2 expansion or d3. (He didn't even know what to call it) they were going for huge multi-player towns and areas with Uber bosses for groups.

Fast forward a number of years. And we had what he dis with marvel heroes. Which felt amazing to me. I do really miss that game.

Also does d4 not have a group finding tool? Or have I been blind for 88lvls lol
It is an arpg with no loot and no character progression. It is an always on internet game with no way to find a group. They build towns so it would feel populated, but they are so heavily instanced that you never see more than a few people at once.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It is an arpg with no loot and no character progression. It is an always on internet game with no way to find a group. They build towns so it would feel populated, but they are so heavily instanced that you never see more than a few people at once.

Plus no meaningful synergies between classes or challenges that would utilize them.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Wudijo is still editing it at the moment but worth a look for people still deciding or looking for thoughts on what to play this season

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Helltides suck now, we will see if they revert back to previous cinder drop or not. NM dungeons drop rate is probably similar to before since you get more items at the end, but clear speed is much slower so exp rate is worse. Exp rate is worse everywhere, which shows how uneducated they are about the whole ARPG genre. We want to kill fast and loot fast, like slot machine pulls. If you are going to make me wait 5 minutes between pulls, then I better get something out of each pull, otherwise why am I gonna bother.
The problem with helltides is that they feel so goddamn "chore" and "daily" like. "Collect X amount of things in Y timeframe" is fucking cancer and we have Blizzard to thank for these things being so "standard" in the industry.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wow, just popped in here and wow, they nerfed the living shit out of their already dying game? Thats their answer to get more people to play? Like holy shit!

I had this on revisit at S6-S7, maybe now I wont even bother.

1689815272100.png

Its like the only MULTIPLIERS, like WTF option do they want us to use? did they give us one? FUCK NO! And like Booze said, they are trying really hard in this game for you NOT to use your skills for some reson, like WTF?

1689815408242.png

Weve nerfed the shit out of your defenses in general, but dont worry, all the additives that were shit to begin with are now +25% stronger!

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The problem with helltides is that they feel so goddamn "chore" and "daily" like. "Collect X amount of things in Y timeframe" is fucking cancer and we have Blizzard to thank for these things being so "standard" in the industry.
@furor lied to us =(

Fucker

Log Wizard
It is worse now. You have to hit the start of the helltide or don't bother. This is on top of them nerfing chests.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Guess i'll roll a shred druid for S1 then, if not ill reroll a rogue and maybe try penetrating instead of TB.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Engagement metrics is term that needs to go the way of the 41. It's the same basis that social media preys on and why that sphere is a colossal gash on society in general.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Guess i'll roll a shred druid for S1 then, if not ill reroll a rogue and maybe try penetrating instead of TB.

The ranged combat animations and missile times on rogue will annoy you greatly if you are used to flurry/TB crispness.

Just a warning. You might be ok with it but it's definitely a noticeable change.