Doctor Strange (2016)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm going to watch it in 3D as soon as it comes in. I have an LG OLED tv, though. Not a projector. I'll give you an answer none the less.

Did you watch it in 3D or 2D? If 3D, do you have active glasses (battery operated) or passive?

I've found that the active glasses wash out more of the vibrant colors than the passive ones do. There are 2 different theaters near me that played this in 3D when it first came out. One used active, the other passive. The active glasses definitely made the movie "feel" duller than the other.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It was a mostly offhand reference, but in the context, shonnen manga often have a somewhat cohesive power curve where the hero starts off at a certain low level and increases steadily throughout the series. It's not until several years into the manga and many totally useless filler arcs and terrible movie spinoffs that the hero is able to compete against the top level characters.

I think it's mostly just a pacing and editing issue. The only passage of time we see is the amount of books that Dr. Strange reads, but Wong is so impressed by the speed at which he reads them that it feels like he reads multiple books overnight.

Overall it's a minor complaint, but to me it made the universe feel a little silly when Dr. Strange could just roll in and become the master in what felt like 4 days.

Yeah, for all the fancy magic they still just punch each other, which is pretty silly. Animated Avatar had more impressive fights and that is kid friendly TV series. They basically remade Ironman with magic instead of science, which isn't a bad idea, but they covered way too much ground way too quickly. The medical mumbo-jumbo was actually halfway believable.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fights wouldn't last very long if Dr. Strange was just blasting everyone with The Seven Suns of Cinnibus in the first movie.

spronk

FPS noob
i'd like one sun of cinnibon, extra jizz plz

Sq9eZWL.jpg

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
I think they try too hard to play him as questioning authority and therefore more powerful for it. If these people are so enlightened, he probably doesn't get it much better than them.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Remember, he remained in the Astral plane studying and researching. He was thirsty for information, where as the other wizards appeared to just be comfortable. He was tirelessly working for a selfish goal of fixing his hands, so always doing more and more. Where as most people were content with learning in a more 9-5 style. They also said that every day of "real life" was the equivalent to like years in the Astral plane. So he was getting so much accomplished at that time. They touched on it, but didn't go too in depth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
it did ruin my immersion that a white guy could out study asians

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just keep in mind that he did it for greedy reasons. Purely to learn as much as possible, just to help HIMSELF. Where as asians are slower, aiming for the greater good.