Doctor Strange (2016)

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Deadpool wasn't Marvel and Ant-Man's writing/filming largely preceded that statement. Wolverine: Origins wasn't even Marvel. That comment was just talking about the main, decent Marvel films actually produced by Marvel.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Eh, fair enough I guess. But this IS an origin story. And they are mainly concerned with making money and have little actual control in the direction of the Fox and Disney films. If an origin movie can make money they won't say no. And we have a fuckton of origin stories. So you know what? Bullshit. You can't say this isn't marvel because marvel didn't do it. Even Avengers 2 which sucked ass was entirely Ultrons origin story. It just wasn't "traditional". And all the rest of the recent films were pure origin stories despite your semantics.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Marvel lied. Ant Man, Deadpool, etc... I think Marvel only said they were done with Origin stories because the first Deadpool sucked ass.
I don't think they ever officially said that. That was some of that "according to this guy in the know" shit that passes for reporting these days which is pretty common in entertainment news.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to go ahead and assume Gambit's origin story in Production isn't really Marvel either, or somehow doesn't count. And if Civil War is a massive success they will just say NO SIR, we said no more origin stories. Fuck money.

Royal

I'm going to go ahead and assume Gambit's origin story in Production isn't really Marvel either, or somehow doesn't count. And if Civil War is a massive success they will just say NO SIR, we said no more origin stories. Fuck money.
Gambit is a Fox property and it's just a matter of time before they take it off the slate for good anyway.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I think it looks really good, and im more excited for this than another Thor for sure.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I think it looks really good, and im more excited for this than another Thor for sure.
I dunno, given that Thor flew off back to Asgard to investigate visions of the Infinity Stones, I'm anticipating fun stuff in Thor 3. Entirely possible they roll Banner/Hulk into it somehow, given there's been zero indication of any Hulk standalones thus far?

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Their choice for The Ancient One is just weird.
Pretty sure its one punch
566a922047e87.jpg

doctor-strange-trailer.jpg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I dunno, given that Thor flew off back to Asgard to investigate visions of the Infinity Stones, I'm anticipating fun stuff in Thor 3. Entirely possible they roll Banner/Hulk into it somehow, given there's been zero indication of any Hulk standalones thus far?
Meh Thor without Natalie's fine ass running around just for shits and giggles is no Thor i want to be a part of! Besides idk, the last one was just meh, and unless they have Thanos and Thor encounter each other i just cant find myself interested at all. However if they do somehow have a quick face2face with Thanos than id be all over it.

Royal

Tessa Thompson is supposedly Thor's new love interest in this one.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Dude it's suppose to be Thor with Hulk facing Ragnarok and the last movie before Infinity War I. Shit is going to be fucking all over the place with Thor and that fine ass bitch Jaimie Alexander/Sif (screw Portman) as it's the last movie to ultra hype IW I.

Oops, I was just informed they shoehorned the Black Panther movie in between Thor and IW I. Carry on...

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Eh, fair enough I guess. But this IS an origin story. And they are mainly concerned with making money and have little actual control in the direction of the Fox and Disney films. If an origin movie can make money they won't say no. And we have a fuckton of origin stories. So you know what? Bullshit. You can't say this isn't marvel because marvel didn't do it. Even Avengers 2 which sucked ass was entirely Ultrons origin story. It just wasn't "traditional". And all the rest of the recent films were pure origin stories despite your semantics.
I didn't say there wouldn't be more origin stories, I was just pointing out what movies the statement refers to. Fox movies = 100% out of Marvel's hands and nothing they can do about it. Disney = Marvel = Iron Man / Thor / Avengers / etc., which they CLAIM will do away with origin stories. But as you said, origin stories still present so far, so who knows what they were talking about. This teaser sure looks like one.

Cap 2 wasn't really an origin story was it? And it was one of their best. Perhaps what they mean by "no more origin stories" is to just short-story the origins in the movies and have the rest of the movie about after the character has been that character for a while. Iron Man 1 was origin story for the ENTIRE movie, whereas Ultrons origin story was just a fraction of AoU really.

Edit:
Gambit is owned by Fox, not Marvel, in the movie world, so again, anything said by a Marvel rep about anything movie related doesn't apply to Fox.

This is really the main reason Marvel wants their damn IPs back. Aside from the money they could make, most people (and members of this board tend to know more about this than "most people") clearly don't understand the rubbish that Fox puts out isn't somehow related to what Marvel does, with the real potential to harm Marvel's brand.

Brad2770

Wouldn't some of the stuff coming up in Daredevil kind of lead into Dr. Strange?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What a shitty trailer. I don't know the first thing about Dr Strange and after that, I'm not sure I care to.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Id imagine almost all that footage shown is only from the first 40mins of the movie considering id imagine by halfway point hes already started to learn how to use his powers and its setting up for the face off with whomever. The footage is good for a teaser trailer but it doesnt show alot of "Dr Strange" at all so i suppose that could be a let down for some.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Eh, whatever, it's a fine teaser. I'm sure we'll get a more 'engaging' trailer later.

To clarify though he is not in Cap 3 right but what about Avengers 3?