DOTA 2

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know if it was 'already' since it was like the last game of the quals
smile.png
but it did look like their first challenge. Crazy the difference in a pro team with 6 - 8k players and a pub team with roughly the same.
They are only half way through the bracket, the other half is tomorrow.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Eh, I still think it was rather one sided, the longer the game goes the bigger advantage they have due to experience and coordination, the trick is to draft that you are viable in the lategame while being stable enough to resist cheese.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I got really confused with the scheduling and format. But there's only 16 teams left in the Euro qualifiers so they're more than halfway through. The Comanche game was good but it just looked more like an actual game between two teams rather than the 32 - 2 stomps all the rest had been. Only 16 teams left and still some good ones there: Secret, Kaipi, Polarity, Spirit, be interesting to see if there are any upsets today.

Also on the NA side I had to go to bed early last night b/c I was feeling like shit, so missed that EG made it and has to play Shazam today. Also EnemyGG (or Exodus as they are now called) made it to round of 16, so grats BSJ I guess? heh. Veggies is in, they look much better than with Maelk and Purge, NoT Today, Evernova, Pain. Seems like the standard group of NA teams getting there. My afternoon / evening is busy today so I'll probably end up missing a lot of NA again. Sucks.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Regionals gonna be really interesting for the euros lol. Theyshouldget through the opens, but their play in the last 2 games has been really questionable. Would love to see Funn1k and Xboct beat them in their matchup though.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not convinced by the weaver + ember picks vs Team Spirit. Soon as Spirit picked the LD shit got real.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The "farming the whole map" style has always worked for Secret and Ember+Weaver are great picks for that, suits them better than midgame fighting lineups.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
The "farming the whole map" style has always worked for Secret and Ember+Weaver are great picks for that, suits them better than midgame fighting lineups.
Maybe, but that spirit lineup should have been rolling them by the 15-20 minute mark. Every hero wants to be active early

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It actually kind of makes sense, but very snowball-y and Kotl/Nyx/Clock absolutely fuck your shit up.

Ok Secret is on a roll, they look much better in their later games so hopefully they will also deliver in the regionals.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
It actually kind of makes sense, but very snowball-y and Kotl/Nyx/Clock absolutely fuck your shit up.

Ok Secret is on a roll, they look much better in their later games so hopefully they will also deliver in the regionals.
I think known teams are at a bit of a disadvantage strategically in the opens, their opponents have an understanding of their drafting and players whereas they are largely blind. They also have to be careful for underdogs pulling out cheese strats. Secret is probably better off for going through the opens, grind out a bunch of games in a stressful situation.

Kaipi was eliminated in the first match of the day against unknowns, though I have nfc what they were trying to do with that draft.

Shaazam getting obliterated by EG..

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I think known teams are at a bit of a disadvantage strategically in the opens, their opponents have an understanding of their drafting and players whereas they are largely blind. They also have to be careful for underdogs pulling out cheese strats. Secret is probably better off for going through the opens, grind out a bunch of games in a stressful situation.

Kaipi was eliminated in the first match of the day against unknowns, though I have nfc what they were trying to do with that draft.

Shaazam getting obliterated by EG..
Secret has to be worried though. They had a couple of close calls in the opens where that should have been the easier part. There are multiple teams in the EU regional qualifiers who can absolutely beat Secret. For EG it was the opposite, they needed to worry about getting cheese stratted in a best of 1. Once they make it out of the Opens all they have to worry about is the husk of CoL and DC. With the current lineup I don't think EG will have trouble with either.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Immortals 2 are out. Morphling is slowly turning into Viper, Undying gives the best handjob around, Earthshaker gets the coolest shit and the Invoker one is a blatant cash-in. Riki and Lich are kinda meh.