DOTA 2

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno, early magic abusers to shut him down seem the only reliable way.

That and hard hitters/stunners who can abuse him in the level 1-5 game before reactive gets good. 5 or even 10 stacks is not enough to tank 2 heroes and some creeps pounding on you. As far as breaks etc. to disable it, by the time aghs sd, aghs doom or silver edges are popping up, reactive armor shouldn't be much of a problem. At that point a decent bloodstone/other items and his mobility keeps him alive more than a little bit of regen (and everyone hits harder at that point).

I was laning against a silencer + slardar earlier as timber and it sucked. Silencer q, slardar run up and stun, silencer e = I got shit on hard.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think slark is way, waaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than timber.

That character needs to be deleted from the game

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
East coast nerds, there is going to be a Boston Major. There is no losers bracket this time.

16 team single elimination BO3's(Bo5 Grand Finals) single bracket. Seeded by a 2 day group stage into the 16 team bracket.

The Boston Major | Dota 2

nisser

Trakanon Raider
That and hard hitters/stunners who can abuse him in the level 1-5 game before reactive gets good. 5 or even 10 stacks is not enough to tank 2 heroes and some creeps pounding on you. As far as breaks etc. to disable it, by the time aghs sd, aghs doom or silver edges are popping up, reactive armor shouldn't be much of a problem. At that point a decent bloodstone/other items and his mobility keeps him alive more than a little bit of regen (and everyone hits harder at that point).

I was laning against a silencer + slardar earlier as timber and it sucked. Silencer q, slardar run up and stun, silencer e = I got shit on hard.

Timber only needs level 3 (i.e. level 2 armor) to overtake the lane; you really need 3 people to take him down at that point. And even then, it's a few seconds until he's back in lane with full hp and mana.
It's not hard for him to get to level 3 at beginning as he trades efficiently vs support. There's very few duo combinations that can shot him down.

They really just need to nerf levels 1-3 of reactive armor.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did one of the other majors get pulled in favor of Boston? Did China finally have to answer for their sins?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
They announced at TI (?) there would be only two majors this year. I still think Epicenter / Moscow would be cool for the second instead of China.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Valve stated that they were only having 2 Majors this season after how busy they were last year. Technically this one is Frankfurt and the Winter one is most likely gone altogether.

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
During the last International I saw Timber being picked constantly. I found what worked best was mid Tiny, blink + aghs build , or mid Templar Blink --> Deso//BKB for bursting him down fast , thus triggering his passive as few times as possible. Can also try Lane or Mid OD mek --> force staff --> vyce to control his movement. I found once the vyce was in my hand enemy timbersaws could be locked out of a fight for so long that their passive advantage and bloodstone did nothing.

If mid or those roles are already taken, try a a variety of tankier character like Pudge, Necro or Axe with the sole purpose of locking the timber the fuck down. So you could be a semi-carry or support and still hold the timbersaw in place long enough for your team's DPS to do the work. Keeping him in place via stun or silence kicks his ass, cuz despite his insane regen his armor is terrible.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 Majors SeemsGood. EU and TI, opposite times of the year would be best. There are a shit ton of other smaller events to fill in the rest of the calendar.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, reactive armor buff was what made timber playable and consequently gave rise to kotl, with him nerfed, I'm not sure what options there are for a counter. Can oracle dispel it ?

Same thing happened to Doom though, they gave a crazy buff to scorched earth which made him unkillable then took it away. Timber despite being a better hero (Doom has nothing going for him currently) gets not only regen but armour too.

2 Majors SeemsGood. EU and TI, opposite times of the year would be best. There are a shit ton of other smaller events to fill in the rest of the calendar.

Tobiwan speculated that TI might be hosted outside of North America (EU) this year with a major happening in Boston.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I haven't tried nyx yet, he seems pretty entertaining if you dagon/aghs and just go shotgun lurker mode on nerds lol

Just saw DOTA 2 released the Fall battle pass. Imma pick that nikka up tonight~

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Sweet, just in time for me to go traveling for work and do nothing but dota from the hotel in the evening.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So what's the general viewpoint on sven and how retarded echo sabre makes him? I pretty much have no fucking clue how you're supposed to win a game against a sven if it gets to the 30 minute mark unless you're rolling the enemy team hard (and I mean really hard).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Can still kite him a fair amount with slows/hard disables, especially shit that isn't dispelled by BKB/goes through BKB(viper ult for example, roar, puck with agh, this kind of shit), and ghost scepters so you don't die when he blinks assuming you press the button before you get stunned as well as force staff to move people who do get stunned away from him. Also supports that can save people like Dazzle/WW/Oracle(although oracle the target still probably pops at the end). His ulti cooldown is still non trivial so once god's strength is gone if he hasn't killed the entire team, he's not nearly as scary(so buyback isn't that good on him for example). You can also pick a hero that can 1vs1 him, although realistically there's only a couple that I can think of that can do it, Naix and Ursa. Maybe PA depending on your RNG and until mkb.

He's a dangerous hero for sure but he's not unstoppable, he's still a melee hero with no real movement skill(he can increases his movespeed with warcry but that doesn't do much when he's slowed). Now if you get comboed into a black hole or some other shit while he beats on you then yeah you're way fucked.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Most of those counters don't apply to my games (solo queue ftw) sadly. I'm not so sure about naix beating him 1v1, I guess maybe he could... Haven't seen a good late-game naix carry build in a while. Kiting etc. is only semi feasible when you have 4 other people trying to touch your no-no areas to worry about too (which is mostly what I meant by if you're not rolling them. If you can ignore the other 4 heroes he's not so bad). Super pubstompy tho because most people are too dumb to end the game when they can (so even if he gets beat up early he still gets his farm for late) or they bunch up/get initiated on poorly/don't have the teamwork required for stuff like force-staff saves etc.