DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
7.00 makes naga strats feel a bit less like bullshit, so go watch Newbee vs DC g2. I'm feeling this patch, but the new ember build still feels pretty bad.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Sometimes just take a break, and maybe rewatch your games from other perspectives also to help you see what you did wrong....some people even here in the past have watched replays to help out.

Dont sweat it though if you feel you are doing your job or get some bad teammates, you see pros sometimes on their streams that even go through streaks like that.

I've thought about creating a new Steam account just for DOTA. I stupidly kept trying to play support in shit tier and that drug me below 1000 like an anchor. The main problem you see at that level is lack of pushing. Late game, we wipe their team so everyone is out like 45+ seconds so "PUSH PUSH PUSH" right? No, go to jungle and farm. It's infuriating. Pushing solo may not be very effective depending on your hero and can be risky if you linger too long.

edit: By the way, I did finally win one and break the streak. Been playing Zeus but I find that he is weak late game.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Where can I find a solid guide for counter picking? I know a lot of obvious stuff, but trying to get better at it.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Capitalist really likes the sound of his own voice.

I've thought about creating a new Steam account just for DOTA. I stupidly kept trying to play support in shit tier and that drug me below 1000 like an anchor. The main problem you see at that level is lack of pushing. Late game, we wipe their team so everyone is out like 45+ seconds so "PUSH PUSH PUSH" right? No, go to jungle and farm. It's infuriating. Pushing solo may not be very effective depending on your hero and can be risky if you linger too long.

edit: By the way, I did finally win one and break the streak. Been playing Zeus but I find that he is weak late game.

Zeus is pretty strong except when people have new BKBs.

I think its also important to consider that guides & suggestions meant for high level play may not be work at lower tiers. Players aren't going to react in the same way on either side. However this also means you can get away with things, e.g. easy Roshan with Ursa/Lycan/Troll, dive without worrying about TP support.

I'd say if you're consistently playing one style (e.g. heavy farmer) mix it up and play something more aggressive.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Dotabuff has some data on relative winrates, but I wouldn't sweat it too much, being comfortable on a hero easily beats whatever advantage counterpicking gives. There are very few hard counters, like AM vs dusa/storm or Pugna vs Skywrath and even those counters can be turned on its head depending on team comp and item choice

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Probably makes more sense to fill out your lineup, make sure you have stuns, tower damage, initiation, mix of damage types.

Oh.... If you aren't, carry a tp. Use it to help another lane, and I would bet people aren't holding stuns so you might be able to just port out.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
That last game was pretty well played, I was pretty sure it was over after g3. So far 7.00 seems like a solid patch, since map control is so important for both sides, so you have both sides contesting pushes, but 5-manning is still heavily discouraged.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Capitalist really likes the sound of his own voice.

Yea, in the past year or so his head has really gotten big. Liked him a lot more when he started, kept it light and was pretty funny back then.

Now he seems to act like he is an ex TI winner. You are no AdmiralBulldog sir.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yea, in the past year or so his head has really gotten big. Liked him a lot more when he started, kept it light and was pretty funny back then.

Now he seems to act like he is an ex TI winner. You are no AdmiralBulldog sir.
The bowtie spoke for itself. It's like the definition of tryhard when it comes to suiting up.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I really hated Cap when he started, then there was like 3 weeks around the last TI where he peaked, and it got to his head and now he's back to insufferable.

Missed game 5 because we were leaving my brother's wedding and driving for 9 hours. But the games before were great. All in all seemed like a pretty good tournament for first of DotA 3. Interested to see where it goes from here.

Ridas

Pay to play forum

I would get used to more advanced items in that tier. Force staff, glimmer Cape, ghost scepter, even crests. It fucks with people and lower mmr people get confused and have no idea how to react. Most ganks will fail, because they don't use smokes, have poor positioning and stack disables.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Man i wish i knew there was a tournament this weekend :( i only caught the semi finals, it was already 3am+ before the GFs started and that shit went 5 games haha

I'm starting to see how playing this game can fuck with friendship, i play with 4 or 5 different people pretty regularly. 1 has been playing since Dota 1 started, hes like 7k mmr.. 2 are ~3.5k or so and the other two started when i did (after TI6) but are so, so, so bad and have made no progress. It's crazy frustrating playing with them, specially when they can barely play 2 characters yet want to random all the time lol

I had to uninstall it and take a break for awhile ;_;

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I have a good friend that rages like crazy, when playing Dota. Another friend and myself stopped playing with him at times, because we both try to stay positive and always try to win, even when it is hopeless. It is crazy annoying, when someone only yells and starts typing like a madman to insult the rest of the team. GTFO with that shit. I even tell him to shut up when he watches me play, because he distracts me a lot.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I spent a couple of hours watching Arteezy play last night. I had seen him in matches previously but never a live stream. What a salty, sniveling teammate that guy is. He's clearly pretty good but he was whining and reporting people just about every game. Ten minutes in and he's not happy with the start and says he's done playing, can't take it anymore, going autoattack, fuck it, let's just walk to the trees and GG. I'm thinking "Dude, I've watched you make hundreds of dollars in donations in this stream. How about you just roll with it?"

I think it was his last game that he was ripping on some guy for 4-picking Tinker safe lane. He was super salty and would not cut the guy any slack about it but I am noob enough that I couldn't tell you why it would be good or bad. He was also pissed because of non-English speakers and some guy on his team was playing from Australia with 300 ping. I guess I get that would piss you off.

The main thing that stood out to me in those games was that when shit started going down, teammates were there immediately. Great map awareness and this was with little or no ward placements. It was like they all just had a feeling for the transitions as they were happening.

There was also a lot of coordinated ganking from invis opponents. I was surprised no one was countering invis. It's like they were choosing the occasional death to not spending money on countering it.

The other thing that I see I need to work on more is picking up jungle farm. I tend to either lane or roam and I need to make sure I'm picking up farm while roaming.

Any recommendations on streamers to watch who provide good information while they stream?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, they're all basically fucking children. The "pros" in this game are old when they're in their early 20's.

"Old man" Fear is 28.

It shouldn't be a surprise that they're sniveling little shits. Arteezy is cancer though. I don't know how/why people watch his streams.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I can't think of any streamer that actively provides information when they play? maybe wagamama and BSJ? but i find them to be incredibly dull to watch (BSJ is unwatchable)

I'll watch arteezy, because he does sick shit but he doesn't explain why or when he does it you just have to see it and realize what happened lol

Pretty much need to watch youtube replays of people picking apart games to get solid information out of pro players

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's like starcraft, you need somebody explaining the strats and plays or you will miss most of them. Arteezy is popular, since he streams a lot, most of his viewership ain't no better and he is really fucking good. He played the nuke Mirana before Icefrog added Aghs and owned with it for example. There are only a few players who I would rate on a similar level, position and stream here and there - W33, Miracle and EE come to mind. TBH, most people are better off watching Waga, Synderen or similar streamers if they want to pick up new things.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Arteezy is a punk. Whenever his teammates make good plays he never says anything...pretty much only when they mess up.

Kid needs punched in the dick. Why I like Bulldog, he makes fun of ArteezyBabyraging all the time.

Needless

Toe Sucker
rtz doesn't have the best attitude but you'll pretty much always learn from his stream if you pay attention to it lol

watching cr1t atm, carry venge with hotd w/ a centaur... swap into stomp = bruhhhhhhhh