DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Tree aghs is such bullshit, they really need to make the eyes attackable as someone is forced to use two inventory to counter it unless you have a timber or a bf carry.

Apparently Escape Gaming collapsed after Secret poached Khezu. New team forming as (1-5) Era, Qoijva, Trixi, H4nn1, Synderen. Hard to imagine fnatic 2.0 accomplishing much even if Qoijva is awesome.

Yapzor (also awesome) ended up on a team with Fata, Forev and Adam (343). Obviously 3 very strong players, and iirc Winter spoke very highly of 343 and said he was the drafter & shot caller for fnatic at TI. Last guy is some Jordanian player I've never heard of but is apparently 8k+
Depends, I don't think the Aghs is that great compared to blink, mek or refresher since teamfights is what wins you the game in this meta. He farms like ass without iron talon, so you have to be pretty far in to get decent items. If the other side can't afford a gem and quelling blade in stash at that point, chance is the game is over anyway, alternatively a carry with battlefury. Still, blink gives you a reliable 2s stuns, overgrowth and refresher turns him into one of the best teamfighters in the game. He also completely shits on LC, which I have been seein a lot recently.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tournament is bad. They are pumping in audio from someone playing Underlord in a pub into this C9-Romania game

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Depends, I don't think the Aghs is that great compared to blink, mek or refresher since teamfights is what wins you the game in this meta. He farms like ass without iron talon, so you have to be pretty far in to get decent items. If the other side can't afford a gem and quelling blade in stash at that point, chance is the game is over anyway, alternatively a carry with battlefury. Still, blink gives you a reliable 2s stuns, overgrowth and refresher turns him into one of the best teamfighters in the game. He also completely shits on LC, which I have been seein a lot recently.

Its not the cost of the gem + quelling, its the issue that once Treant has had aghs for a little while to move on the map someone loses two inventory slots or the enemy knows all your movements and has free initiation. In theory the backpack helps, but realistically you can't be swapping the quelling in and out because of the delay.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Its not the cost of the gem + quelling, its the issue that once Treant has had aghs for a little while to move on the map someone loses two inventory slots or the enemy knows all your movements and has free initiation. In theory the backpack helps, but realistically you can't be swapping the quelling in and out because of the delay.
Depends on the game, if you have been chilling on your base for 5 minutes and the treant has Aghs, chances are you are fucked anyways, but the shrines make it much harder to roam enemy jungle until you destroy them.

Via reddit guide to identifying nadota retards in-game + list of known nadota retards
hi everyone,

there's been some confusion as to what exactly constitutes an nadota retard, so i thought i'd put together a quick list of utterances by the average nadota retard in dota 2 chat. it should go without saying that many of these are commonly used by arteezy and whoever else nadota retards fellate (i think fear and ppd, among others), which is probably why they feel the need to speak in arteezyisms/nadotaisms themselves.

a player is nearly guaranteed to be an nadota retard if their speech habits include any of the following (henceforth referred to as nadotaisms):

• "im sure"
  • forced contractions: "hows" and "whys" are not fucking contractions of "how does" and "why does" unless you're an nadota retard. similarly, "heroes" means "more than one hero" and is not a contraction for "hero is", unless you're an nadota retard (e.g. "this heroes relaxing", "that heroes broken"). the latter is obvious proof that this is sheer stupidity rather than laziness. nadota retards will also randomly say things like "ive got x" instead of "i have x", and in general they'll turn anything they can into a contraction (e.g. "matchmakings awful").
  • "my x": if you're an nadota retard, dota 2 is a single-player game. well, it's a single-player game for you, that is -- the players on your team are all bots, while the players on the enemy team are all psychotherapists. nadota retards will talk non-stop in all chat about how their teammates have wronged them in some way, while also acting as though everything in the game belongs to them. e.g. "whys my sven have no farm", "blue just steals my lane", "wheres my dazzle", "hit my throne"
  • "mm": nadota retards cannot comprehend the fact that >99.9% of dota games are played via matchmaking. they will go out of their way to refer to their games as "my mm games" or "my pubs" every chance they get, even when they don't actually play anything other than matchmaking (this is almost always done when expressing their displeasure towards matchmaking or valve). some of the people who do this played in in-house leagues in the past (i.e. before ranked matchmaking existed), but even though in-house leagues have been dead for years and they stood no chance in the TI open qualifiers or whatever other non-matchmaking dota they played against potentially decent opponents, they like to let everyone else know that they're far too skilled not to classify their matchmaking games separately from their "other" games of dota. note: some nadota retards are washed-up pros, and they're the obvious exception here as they actually have played in meaningful non-matchmaking games.
  • "on" to indicate responsibility: "thats not on me" "im sure this games on x"
  • overall passive aggression and an excessive number of messages that consist of only a question mark when talking in ally chat: this also includes things like alternating between uppercase and lowercase or ending sentences with exclamation marks. e.g. "thAnKs vAlvE", "dont farm my lane lol!!"
  • "how do u just x": usually seen alongside other nadotaisms (e.g. "hows my qop just lose mid"). "im sure u just x" is a similar nadotaism.
  • "x is the build/x is the pick"
  • "WOOOOO dota 2"
  • "get me out (of this game)"
  • "real" to mean "very": "this games real fun", "that heroes real broken". i think this is just one of those things that arteezy does, so as a result it's done by many nadota retards. similar arteezyisms would be the alternating case thing mentioned earlier and the overuse of "we lost".
  • "thats life"

a player might be an nadota retard if their speech habits include any of the following:

• "im done": this is usually followed by them not actually being "done"
  • beginning entire thoughts/statements with "i mean"
  • blaming valve and/or peruvians not for individual losses but for their inability to win games in general, when statistically this makes no sense considering their team has 4 other players and the enemy team has 5. example: someone makes their name "-500 MMR thanks peru"
  • any mention of hidden pool/shadow pool
  • any mention of being "tilted"

let me know if you think of any others and i'll add them

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Embracing shit tier by completely fucking around and having fun.

Just roleplayed Chen as an insane God and went 12-2-29 while shit talking the whole time. So much fun.

Match ID : 2913876872

Last edited:

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
C9 vs Infamous Game 2 was great. WCG seems much better this year than last year.

Third game was probably even better, Peru almost did it.

Last edited:

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hah Alliance abusing clockwerk + sf, denying cogs in the fountain to start the game to give SF max souls before laning phase.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Lol wait, what? How does that work? SF gets souls for killing the cogs?
SF gets soul regardless of what he lasthits, even denies and since you can deny cogs ... It's also doable with veno wards in roshan pit, but that's a bit more dangerous

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
We should just return to generic foh chat channel. Just start joining it and we can populate it that way