DOTA 2

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i'm not surprised by centaur being up there at all, his aghs can make you go from no chance in a team fight to completely stomping their team due to the 50% damage reduction and running through to their backline easily

Ogre is dope though, when i lane against him im terrified hahah

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah i'm not surprised by centaur being up there at all, his aghs can make you go from no chance in a team fight to completely stomping their team due to the 50% damage reduction and running through to their backline easily

Ogre is dope though, when i lane against him im terrified hahah

I don't think the Aghs even makes top 3 reasons to pick him. He can jungle in case of shit lane, farms pretty fast with hood and double edge and his ulti alone gives you huge teamfight utility the moment he hits 6 on the other side of the map. Aghs is just a cherry on top. His only downside is that he needs farm, unlike slardar, who can be played as support.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I heard one of the announcers talking about a Centaur, blink, agh's, refresher build... which yeah, in theory is fucking sick, but that is so much farm for a hero that generally doesn't find that much.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't think the Aghs even makes top 3 reasons to pick him. He can jungle in case of shit lane, farms pretty fast with hood and double edge and his ulti alone gives you huge teamfight utility the moment he hits 6 on the other side of the map. Aghs is just a cherry on top. His only downside is that he needs farm, unlike slardar, who can be played as support.

Yeah i definitely agree on those points but its such a massive difference with aghs its pretty boggling lol

I wanna try TW again tonight now that i have a much better hand on playing carry

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thing with Ursa is that he is such a sponge. You have to focus him with CC and play around him or he just bursts people, and with Aghs he's just such a pain to deal with. However I agree that I don't understand why he is played as much as he is.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seems like the same 15 heroes in every region getting picked. Centaur, Slardar, Earth/Ember Spirit, Warlock, Rubick, Jugg, Lone Druid, KOTL, Slark, Sven, Invoker.

I think Juggernaut (and probably SF) needs a complete re-work, the fact he's been continually nerfed for 3-years but like a roach has never left the meta suggests that the combination of his abilities is too strong. Compare him to other carries - team healing, passive damage, magical immunity and scaling ultimate w/ immunity?

At first I felt it was kind of stale, but now we're seeing interesting things pop up in these qualifiers. Or maybe I just don't watch enough games? I feel physical damage is kind of the biggest winner this patch, and thus -armor and big armor heroes are doing well (although I haven't seen DK much at all?).

I think we don't see DK (and Bristleback) is because teams usually have a hero willing and able to buy a silver edge and break their passives. DK is also weak without ultimate form.

Thing with Ursa is that he is such a sponge. You have to focus him with CC and play around him or he just bursts people, and with Aghs he's just such a pain to deal with. However I agree that I don't understand why he is played as much as he is.

I think there are really two reasons - easy roshan, high burst damage without needing a lot of farm. A lot of pros & analysts have said in the past few years that burst damage is favoured as eliminating a hero on initiation gives you a numbers advantage.

I think Ursa, and most other melee carries have been pretty negatively affected by the prevalence of force staffs as supports have gotten more gold and the addition of the hurricane pike. To be honest, I was surprised they added Dragon Lance & Hurricane Pike since the meta already favoured ranged heroes before that.

Edit: thats a lot of I thinks haha

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think there are really two reasons - easy roshan, high burst damage without needing a lot of farm. A lot of pros & analysts have said in the past few years that burst damage is favoured as eliminating a hero on initiation gives you a numbers advantage.

I think Ursa, and most other melee carries have been pretty negatively affected by the prevalence of force staffs as supports have gotten more gold and the addition of the hurricane pike. To be honest, I was surprised they added Dragon Lance & Hurricane Pike since the meta already favoured ranged heroes before that.

Edit: thats a lot of I thinks haha

Early rosh can be easy with wide variety of strats, Weaver, TA, Slardar, LD all turn rosh into mincemeat. The trick is either outmaneuvering the other team or getting a timely pickoff. Burst is important, but again, Naix bomb takes the cake here, since he doesn't fall off that much later and has similar stun immunity and farms better. The one thing Ursa has going for him is lane dominance, he utterly fucks up all the other melee cores in lane, so he is often used to counterpick ember.

Jugg sort of became relevant again thanks to HotD buff and teamfights being so important in this meta right from the start, since his only real weak points are pre 6 and then around 10-11 when you can't solo kill with omni. He can also adapt to wide variety of builds and strats, but I have no idea where to nerf him, short of reverting the BAT buffs he got over the years or stat gains.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Early rosh can be easy with wide variety of strats, Weaver, TA, Slardar, LD all turn rosh into mincemeat.

Only TA is really comparable to Ursa for Roshan, and she needs a DD or deso. Weaver, slardar and LD all need active help.

The trick is either outmaneuvering the other team or getting a timely pickoff. Burst is important, but again, Naix bomb takes the cake here, since he doesn't fall off that much later and has similar stun immunity and farms better. The one thing Ursa has going for him is lane dominance, he utterly fucks up all the other melee cores in lane, so he is often used to counterpick ember.

Not sure what we're talking about here - in the early game Ursa is clearly easier as its one hero and one item. In the later game sure, if your lifestealer is farmed but you're also risking two heroes. People aren't even putting Ursa mid anymore, it seems more of an emphasis on independent laners. (Hence also lifestealer & weaver)

Jugg sort of became relevant again thanks to HotD buff and teamfights being so important in this meta right from the start, since his only real weak points are pre 6 and then around 10-11 when you can't solo kill with omni. He can also adapt to wide variety of builds and strats, but I have no idea where to nerf him, short of reverting the BAT buffs he got over the years or stat gains.

When was Jugg last not relevant? As far as I remember he's been pretty consistently picked since after Ti4ish?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
JAKIRO MODEL UPDATE!!!!!!!!¡¡!!!¡¡!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡!!!!!!!!¡¡!!!¡¡!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡!!!!!!!¡¡¡!!!!!!!!¡¡!!!¡¡!!!!¡!!!!!!!¡¡!!!¡¡!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡!!!!!!!!¡¡!!!¡¡!!!!¡!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡!!!!!!!¡¡¡!!!!!!!!¡¡!!!¡¡!!!!¡!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Jingu mastery now has max duration of 35 sec

TP cooldowns increased

Tower armor depends on hero prox and number

Lina back?

RIP a few items, they really want a drums comeback, couple could adversely impact hero picks too

This seems pretty good.

Pudge no longer hook euls?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
QoP:
  • Level 25 Talent changed from -3s Shadow Strike Cooldown to Removed Shadow Strike Cooldown
I... uhh... lol? Guess it is now a reasonable alternative to the Spell Lifesteal? Maybe?

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Last night I had a dream that I was watching Miracle play dota over his shoulder. Then Mark Cuban(team owner) came in and started giving him a pep talk for an upcoming event.

Needless

Toe Sucker
QoP:
  • Level 25 Talent changed from -3s Shadow Strike Cooldown to Removed Shadow Strike Cooldown
I... uhh... lol? Guess it is now a reasonable alternative to the Spell Lifesteal? Maybe?

I still feel like her life steal is way too good to pass up. Unless shadow strike's dot miraculously stacks, i don't really see a point in it lol i mean.. you can keep people permanently 50% slowed which is nice since it's a slow that falls off every second?

I think im gonna get Jugg's arcana, reddit hates it. I think it's hilarious when you have manta/mjolnir going and critting every other hit with dragons appearing everywhere

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
As someone who plays supports 75%+ of the time, this patch can go suck a dick. Splitpush buffed, gold from everything nerfed, levels rescaled and a lot of my favorite heroes got nerfed. Guess it's time to spam jakiro and offlane windrunner, since she seems to be 1 buff short of broken.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
Bruhhhh get on that support weaver hype train, that shits so fun and insanely broken hahah
You can still farm with shit all because of how good shukuchi is too

Also able to transfer into a late game carry lol

I did a support weaver game the other day against a legion commander, i was laughing every time the guy tried to duel somebody or myself because linkens would either break it on me or i'd just time lapse them out of the duel hahaha

The LC was babyraging hard

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Bruhhhh get on that support weaver hype train, that shits so fun and insanely broken hahah
You can still farm with shit all because of how good shukuchi is too

Also able to transfer into a late game carry lol

I did a support weaver game the other day against a legion commander, i was laughing every time the guy tried to duel somebody or myself because linkens would either break it on me or i'd just time lapse them out of the duel hahaha

The LC was babyraging hard

I second the support Weaver...I had one the other day on my team...He just wrecked the other team with agh/time-lapse. At the end of the game they were ignoring everyone and just trying to kill him...And failing miserably. It was epic.