DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
blightstone, boots, medailion, solar crest/aghs/linkens depending on how the game is going. Boots are optional, but the new patch makes mobility a fucking pain in the ass. The TP nerf will take some time to get used to. You will want to pick up wand somewhere along the way, when you are around enemy heroes.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's pretty open i think, i've done a few where i just go blightstone, wand, urn, linkens, aghs. Once you have aghs you can pretty much do whatever you want

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm not too sure about Aghs after Linkens, at that point if the game is going well, you can just go full blown carry. If you are getting jumped as a support weaver then you are playing it wrong and Aghs buildup gives you more HP to timelapse after stuns wear off.

Also the last patch gave me nice -20 fps on default terrain/weather. The fuck are they doing ?

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I'm not too sure about Aghs after Linkens, at that point if the game is going well, you can just go full blown carry. If you are getting jumped as a support weaver then you are playing it wrong and Aghs buildup gives you more HP to timelapse after stuns wear off.

I was literally in the middle of typing something similar to this

Cybsled

Not DOTA, but this stream from Slacks was fucking hilarious. GTA Online, but roleplaying cops

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
Slacks is hilarious, i don't get the hate around that guy haha

Why don't more people build atos on Pudge? specially with the range buff. When i play with my buddy he pretty much always builds glimmer cape and atos on him and just destroys while roaming.

Atos -> Hook -> Rot -> Glimmer -> Dismember

Ez hook, can't interupt dismember lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Does lense buff range of atos too? Or just abils? hm

I built force on pudge instead of blink for some regen and int, might be on to something with that Atos

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Why build Atos when you can get blink for more mobility, instant ulti and hook to finish them off ?

Needless

Toe Sucker
them guaranteed hooks tho. creep wave goes up highground while they're defending?
ATOS
gauranteed hook
gg izi game

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Or you could actually git gud and hook people like a man.

For reals though I'm not sure I see the point in Atos. Yes, the range is huge, but using it as a hook-crutch when it's stats are otherwise very meh seems not worth it. Just rooting someone at rang is generally more than useful enough to act as initiation or keep them from fleeing; trying to crowbar it on to Pudge for some silly izi hook play just seems redundant.

Though the nerf he just ate does fuck fucking assholes, than speed reduction breaks all my fucking built up hook prediction instincts so bad.

Needless

Toe Sucker
the hooking invincible people nerf was pretty rough too lol

I dunno man, you guys should try it. it's pretty satisfying seeing somebody struggle to move when rooted onto to get deleted from the game 2 seconds later hahah. No need to guess where they're juking etc 2:^)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Someone explain Zues to me. I'm trying to finish this stupid quest and I can't actually figure out a way to make him viable. 0 CC and his damage is like what, 10% higher than other int mids? I'm honestly at a loss as to what he's supposed to do. There's not even a spell amp talent for him to take, it's just misery.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
He's good at shredding an entire team with spells IF he can stay close enough for the passive to proc and alive long enough to unload a few rotations. Aka not very good most of the time. He used to be a bit better but various buffs to a lot of other heroes made him worse in comparison and his new agh is gimmicky and shit. Like if you're just gonna do some damage on everyone over time, you might as well play veno, can just drop dead after your ulti is off, and you can push/destroy ppl early game much better too.

Only nice thing is he can reveal wards with his bolt so that's nice for midlane fights at higher mmr where ppl often ward the mid to have uphill vision and what not.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This quest is going to make me quit playing. Jesus what a miserable character this is. At least with his old aghs you could just start every teamfight with ~1200 free damage, but this new thing is just a turd.

Spend entire laning phase starved for mana because you have to last hit with chain lightning. Good fucking character, real fun.

Get handful of kills early/midgame, become useless by 25 minutes when enemy team has more than 1200hp finally. Reconsider life choices at minute 40 when BKBs show up.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Start with pieces for null, tango, get bottle/boots.

Farm with Q and time it with a bounce to poke them if you can.

Get veil (half price almost same dmg), then deward and gank as needed. Don't be afraid to just blow the ult as an extra nuke on a gank instead of global sniping with it.

Zeus can also be counter picked so that can be it too if you're insta picking. QoP, Storm Spirit and Puck are real bad for him to deal with.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Postitioning items are king on Zeus. I always end up with Blink + Force, because he dies incredibly fast, when you are not in a good position.

Other than that laning mid should be fine with bottle and maybe a ward mid, if they have a good ganking lineup. Build cheap items on him (Veil, Force, Eul, Dagger, Ghost) to keep him viable at all times. If you try something like Hex first you will just be miserable and feed.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I played him as a support, he wrecks invis heroes even without items and if you get a few ganks off, get mana boots and some mobility, he isn't as easy to kill. Free dewards are awesome, since the new map rewards vision so much. It was a stomp though, so I definitely wasn't the deciding factor.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I actually like zeus' aghs a lot. Specially if you have roamers on your team it allows you to have a global assist in kills~

Speaking of his passive, does an aether lens also affect the distance that triggers? i never thought about that.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
No, but it's 1200 range which I don't think any of his spells have longer range than, even with a lense + level 25 talent.