DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
...Wow, that was unexpected. But they played pretty well, I think that one fight where they delayed the silence by 1 second to let WW embrace the duel target actually cost them the game.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Holy shit that game 3.

Liquid just had some sick team fights there. The sprout at top on Sven into a team wipe, and then those last two fights. Geez. The bottom high ground defense by Newbee was insane too.

Edit: ^ Was that the fight at mid? I wasn't paying a ton of attention (I'm at work), but I saw the silence come out but WW had already used everything.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
In the course of 3 games, Liquid starts off playing like absolute trash and by the end of the series they looked top tier. I have absolutely no faith in them to do anything, good or bad.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Man that's actually insane that they were shitting on them at the end of game 3, matumbaman put in WORK and they had some ridiculously clutch snowballs

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit that game 3.

Liquid just had some sick team fights there. The sprout at top on Sven into a team wipe, and then those last two fights. Geez. The bottom high ground defense by Newbee was insane too.

Edit: ^ Was that the fight at mid? I wasn't paying a ton of attention (I'm at work), but I saw the silence come out but WW had already used everything.
In radiant jungle near t1/2 LC jumped lycan, ww embraced him and then the global came out, so LC was stuck doing 0 dmg and lycan came out and promptly ate the whole team.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
In radiant jungle near t1/2 LC jumped lycan, ww embraced him and then the global came out, so LC was stuck doing 0 dmg and lycan came out and promptly ate the whole team.
Ah, guess I missed that. Speaking of clutch duel plays though, that snowball save was so fast in one of those final fights.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol fuck i wish i saw the actual schedule before i did my fantasy predictions... i have half the predictions as EG and OG lol

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Convo moved on from Doom, but Reddit made a good point the other day regarding the doom ability itself. There are so many talents that reduce respawn time now to next to nothing. Doom is used and is on a 150? CD making you useless, but the hero you killed respawns in like 30 and is ready to push/fight again. Really think he's rework material at this point.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Convo moved on from Doom, but Reddit made a good point the other day regarding the doom ability itself. There are so many talents that reduce respawn time now to next to nothing. Doom is used and is on a 150? CD making you useless, but the hero you killed respawns in like 30 and is ready to push/fight again. Really think he's rework material at this point.
It wasn't that long ago when Doom was in every game, nigh unkillable with scorched earth and doom deleted you from the game. It was right around the time infernal blade replaced lvl? death. Then he got hit in the balls, since doom is such a binary ability, but yeah, odds are the frog will rework him once again. I would like a short duration doom where the duration doesn't tick down as long as doombringer is nearby.

Also:
kZQT8dE.png

Last edited:

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider

I think the timer was bumped back when Doom still broke passives, plus he was going aghs + refresher every game. These days it seems like even with midas he's lucky to get more than 1-2 items.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
What is it with the incredible slew of teams that just don't quite perform the way they should? DC looked like shit and Dubu/Bulba's amount of goofball mistakes/bullshit honestly was so bad.

Freeze's Medusa was just inspiring. Raid boss AF. Some great team fights that game as well.

Ready for this game, finally something I give a fuck about. Pretty much bet everything on VP.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm wondering who has the potential to be the best match of the major?

I only started with dota at TI6 but EG vs EHOME was easily the most hype match there
Boston Major = Ad Finem vs OG was insanely fun to watch
I wonder who or if there will be a sick game this major

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think Purge is focusing on the wrong thing in VP game-2. The issue imo is that TA is entirely physical damage, in g1 they were still able to kill people even if Omniknight managed to GA thanks to the SF.

What is it with the incredible slew of teams that just don't quite perform the way they should? DC looked like shit and Dubu/Bulba's amount of goofball mistakes/bullshit honestly was so bad.

Freeze's Medusa was just inspiring. Raid boss AF. Some great team fights that game as well..

I think Mason botched his itemization, he needed a damage item not heart