DOTA 2

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This format would have been so much more interesting and lulzy if the top 8 seeds got to choose their bottom 8 seed opponent, in descending order.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought in the final EG vs IG game that Sumail had fucked up and hadn't realized his invis wore off standing in the lane but from the replay he broke it.

The Kiev Major 2017: Main Event - Liquipedia Dota 2 Wiki

The top feels significantly less stacked, Secret vs EG and TNC vs OG possibly in quarter finals, top is ez finals run for IG or VP.

Something I noticed - neither Secret nor VP have their previous opponents on their side of the bracket. Maybe they used that to start seeding the brackets and fleshed it out w/ teams that hadn't faced each other.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
There are people complaing on Reddit that they didn't do a 5th round to sort out all of the 2-2 record teams. Man EG has a shit run to the top. Thunder birds, Secret, OG then either VP or IG.

Would be hilarious if IG.V or SG eliminated VP or Secret in Round 1 though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Both of those teams are going to have to go full cheese, same with ad finem or theyre 100% fucked lol

Im gonna go back and watch all the team secret games tomorrow, i missed every one of theirs and i need to see how theyre doing so well

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Both of those teams are going to have to go full cheese, same with ad finem or theyre 100% fucked lol

Im gonna go back and watch all the team secret games tomorrow, i missed every one of theirs and i need to see how theyre doing so well
Of all the games I saw, Secret was the only one to seriously impress me, great shotcalling, great plays by Midone and their overall drafting strat was very solid, good lanes, decent midgame and generally rock solid late to fall back on, so if the opponents showed weakness in any stage, they could grab them by the throat. That Khezzu Enigma build will get popular.

I think the group stage could use an extra round, but at some point you have to drop fairness in favor of high stakes and interesting matchups. and honestly barring 1-2 matches, all the ro16 are fucking crazy.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah it seems like having a double elimination bracket would make more sense, or just not have BO1 at all? BO1 is the odd part, for a game so complex

Needless

Toe Sucker
oh good, i don't know where i thought i read it was bo1 single elim.. that would be beyond retarded lol

edit: damn puppey played support kunkka? puppey is a true dindu, my man

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Mouz starts off well, then progressively makes bigger and bigger mistakes and caps it off by fighting on top of a shrine. IG got ez g2 ahead of them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sheever just asked what race Skylark's dog was in that interview. When dota personalities try to talk about non dota stuff it just gets cringeworthy, unless it was 2GD, god rest his soul.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Aaaand Mouz picks 1 reliable stun. This is gonna be too easy for IG.

I look forward to being proven wrong

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
IG and OG are both looking way off their form compared to DAC a month ago. I want to see Secret/VP in the main event. VP looked unbeatable in Boston, then they GG'd out at 10 mins in Game 1 vs EG. I want to see if they stumble again this time. Secret is far more of an unknown quantity. They have had this line up for a bit now (I think they swapped Forev for Khezu?) and performed badly at first but are now looking incredible. If SG somehow takes a game off of them, that would be a bad sign.