shitlord
Free love with 13 year olds?
image.jpg

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Free love with 13 year olds?
Ever been to a Rainbow Gathering?

There's an awful lot of very young seeming, very pregnant girls at those things. I knew a 15 year old who ran away from home to a Rainbow Gathering and, as far as I know 20 years on, never returned home.

Not something I'd mess around with, but I don't think hippies have very high standards, for the most part.

Literally my local newscast

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess a couple of things:

1> When you plea bargain, the judge can accept the bargain that you make with the prosecutor, or he can fly off and give you the death penalty for jaywalking. They are in no way bound by any deal you make with the prosecutor. His attorneys would have explained this to him many times prior to pleading guilty. I have given this speech to clients many times.

2> Polanski admitted to doing it. There is no doubt that he is 100% guilty. He says he'd do it again, that liking young girls is a weakness and he shouldn't be punished. Cosby denies doing it, and there's no evidence he did it aside from the accusations themselves.

Cosby is skewered in the press, Polanski is given a pass.
Where did he say he'd do it again? Not saying I don't believe you, would just like to have something to cite in an argument with someone.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The Pianist is an amazing movie. But yeah, that fucker needs to be in prison for what he did and his subsequent flight. If he was a brother from Watts who drugged and ass raped some little blonde girl, I seriously doubt he would have Whoopi Goldberg and Martin Scorsese supporting him. Honestly I'd rather not have The Pianist and instead have one less wealthy rapist out there giving the finger to society.

Column_sl

shitlord
I agree, but damn that guy has some good fucking movies

Rosemary's Baby
Macbeth
Chinatown ( love that film)
Frantic
Death and the Maiden
The Ninth Gate
The Pianist

And I'm probly missing some. Sucks he ended up to be such a piece of shit.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Where did he say he'd do it again? Not saying I don't believe you, would just like to have something to cite in an argument with someone.
It was in one of the interviews with him. Something about how he has always liked young girls, and didn't see the big deal. He goes on to say he knows it was wrong, so he walked that back a bit. But other interviews say this was hardly the first young girl he drugged and sodomized. He liked them super young.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wonder how many more girls he's raped in France.

What's really fucked up is that just 6 months ago he was held in Poland and questioned about the rape, but apparently it happened too long ago for Poland to extradite him. Stupid motherfucking poles, the scumbag was already fucking convicted. It's not like we're trying to have him extradited for trial, we're trying to have him extradited because he confessed and was convicted of drugging and raping a girl.

Fuck I hate France, Switzerland, and now Poland.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Didn't he pay off the girl he buttraped after he fled?

Guess its okay if you have the cash!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Didn't he pay off the girl he buttraped after he fled?

Guess its okay if you have the cash!
Yeah, I heard she was extremely fucked up in the head because of that for at least a couple of decades. How much $$ do ya reckon she got?

The Master

Bronze Squire
Yeah, I heard she was extremely fucked up in the head because of that for at least a couple of decades. How much $$ do ya reckon she got?
I think she got ~500k in a settlement, but he didn't pay all of it or missed payments or something. He still owes her like 600k (interest from non-payment) and it isn't clear from public data if she has gotten it, or how much she has gotten. Anywhere between nothing and a 400k from lawsuits would be my guess.

What you can't factor in is all the interviews, the book she published a couple of years ago, etc. I'm sure that has made a lot of money.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I can't imagine why anyone would want to read her book. But maybe some people bought it out of pity. At any rate, I'm sticking with my insinuation that there's little chance the payoff was worth the decades of mental problems. I don't think her name was even released until she wrote that book. So you can't blame the interviews or media attention for any of that.

The Master

Bronze Squire
I can't imagine why anyone would want to read her book. But maybe some people bought it out of pity. At any rate, I'm sticking with my insinuation that there's little chance the payoff was worth the decades of mental problems. I don't think her name was even released until she wrote that book. So you can't blame the interviews or media attention for any of that.
Oh no, her name has been out there since day one. The non-release of the names of victims because they are children is a policy adopted by news organizations and prosecutor's offices, not a law (at least not a federal law, a couple of states these days) and the idea, if it existed at all, had no traction in the 80s. She only published the book two years ago. I agree that no amount of money really helps what happened to her.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Polanski arguably got screwed over by the justice system. They offered him some kind of deal and then were going to go back on it. At least that's the story of why he ran to France. Americans have pretty much no tolerance at all for even the appearance of judicial misconduct, so he gets sympathy. It's the same reason people have so much higher of an opinion of Daniel Ellsberg than they do of Snowden and Manning, despite there being really no difference at all in what they did.
Polanksi was also routinely violating judge instructions during his parole. That is why the judge was considering slamming him because he was dating at 16 year old while still on trial for the rape of a 14 year old? I forget exactly how old she was.

Anyway we tried to get him from Swizerland a few years ago but they told us to go fuck themselves. They like rapists there. France has been protecting him forever.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
She was 13. Poland refused to send him back to us too because of their equivalent of the statute of limitations, despite the fact that we already convicted him of the crime.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Surprising no one, more allegations have come out.

I found this quote to be pretty laughably generic as all the stories seem to have a similar tone:

"After he had won my complete trust and adoration he drugged me and raped me," Bernard said in a statement Friday.
So a rich, famous man won your trust and adoration and needed to rape you and 50 other women?

I just seem to find it more and more implausible as more come out that he chain-raped his way to the top in a predictable and similar fashion and basically no one said anything until after the statute expired. My guess is he might have done something to 2-3 women who didn't take to his advances and he got pissed when they hurt his ego, meanwhile you have 20-30 more who are like 'damn I do regret doing that in retrospect' and another 20-30 that Allred is going to 'convince' them they must have been drugged and raped because of all the 'hazy' memories.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Surprising no one, more allegations have come out.

I found this quote to be pretty laughably generic as all the stories seem to have a similar tone:

So a rich, famous man won your trust and adoration and needed to rape you and 50 other women?

I just seem to find it more and more implausible as more come out that he chain-raped his way to the top in a predictable and similar fashion and basically no one said anything until after the statute expired. My guess is he might have done something to 2-3 women who didn't take to his advances and he got pissed when they hurt his ego, meanwhile you have 20-30 more who are like 'damn I do regret doing that in retrospect' and another 20-30 that Allred is going to 'convince' them they must have been drugged and raped because of all the 'hazy' memories.
Careful there all the SJW's here go ape shit if you suggest that maybe it was regret instead of rape.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This will go nowhere apparently until someone comes out with a video. Too long ago and no hard evidence.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
no one said anything until after the statute expired.
Don't worry, advocacy groups the nation over are trying to abolish statue of limitation laws in regards to rape/sexual assault. They want a proverbial "ace" up their sleeves at any time. That way they can pull the "regret" trump card to get fame, fortune, ruin a reputation, etc. whenever they deem necessary.

spronk

FPS noob
The latest person to come forward is claiming it happened in New Jersey (Atlantic City) which is a state that does not have a statue of limitations on statutory rape.

I don't see how you can have any evidence from 20+ years ago though, the police have interviewed her so maybe we'll see criminal charges filed but I don't see how they could possibly get a conviction without any evidence. Maybe Bill Cosby will get on the stand, that would be comedy gold.