Dr. Mario's Retard Rehabilitation Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The position Cad had was that WHEN CLIMATE CHANGE'S WORST EFFECTS KICK IN, THEN we will ADAPT to survive by inventing new technologies and the like to survive it, that small clusters of people will move to the northern climes to survive, etc.

---

No I didn't, I think that the process would be gradual enough (even if it is lightning fast on geologic time scales) that we can build shit in other places and move and adapt as time goes on. Look at the completely ridiculous stuff humans have accomplished in times of war when we are focused and a country's interests are aligned.

I think if we tried to wait until bad shit actually happened, you might be right; but I don't think I said that and if I implied it I withdraw that idea.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The problem, though, is that the temp is predicted to rise between 2 and 4 degrees by 2050 dude. That's 35 years away at this point. So we WOULD need to be preparing now.

That's why people have been bitching since the middle 70s about shifting off fossil fuels to curb emissions to bend that curve lower.

But yeah, its cool if you feel that's a misunderstanding of your position, then that's fine.

The issue at this point is a_skeleton_03 is doing what he does, which is take tangential and minor comments and inflate them to the core of an argument so he can hock a shitty strawman and turn the entire debate into some shit no one ever said.

Like, my position isn't that we couldn't, with preparation, properly ensure human survival in the face of climate change. Just doing the Fallout idea of building massive underground bunkers in mountains very well could allow us to outlast such a catastrophe, though who knows what type of hominids would emerge from the bunkers on the other end of that experience.

Its like when you boil a lobster or a crab. You don't put them in hot water. You put them in cold water, and then slowly increase the heat until it is boiling. They don't even notice the temperature change, and they boil alive as a result.

We are the lobster or crab, and the gradual shift in the climate is the water. If we aren't preparing to deal with the gradual change in temperature on the lower end of the curve, by the time it bends dramatically upwards, we'll be up shit creek without a paddle.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
No real disagreement with what you're saying, I think we're pretty crafty but it's stupid to intentionally fuck up our environment the way we are doing.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can always tell who the dumbest people, like Phelps McManus, are, because they prefer cordiality over facts. Style over substance thinking. This is no different from the SJWs who cry about not respecting their pronouns, while you're smacking them in the face with realities like XY you're a guy.

Like, the fact that he prefers a_skeleton_03's endless strawmanning to actual facts, pretty much just says it all.

What a pedantic little twit.

khalid

Unelected Mod
You can always tell who the dumbest people, like Phelps McManus, are, because they prefer cordiality over facts. Style over substance thinking.
Tanoomba has spent 2 years dismissing criticism of Anita because people are too mean or something. Yep, a true idiot filter.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
And here we see a_skeleton_03's inability to grasp any argument presented to him in its native habitat.

I responded to someone's comment about SpaceX putting the first 100 on Mars.

Putting 100 people on Mars as a first step towards building a self sustaining colony on a neighboring planet WHILE OUR SOCIETY IS IN A STABLE STATE is not the same as trying to move a shit load of arable top soil from various places across the globe to spread across the bog ridden mildly dethawed taiga of northern Nunavut during a time of total societal collapse.

Your complete inability to actually represent anyone's position accurately is well known, and well documented on these forums dipshit.

Fuck off, and citation needed.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Tanoomba has spent 2 years dismissing criticism of Anita because people are too mean or something. Yep, a true idiot filter.
Yeah it really is one of the defining features of a weak mind, to sit around crying "Why can't we all just get along!!!!!"

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Being so vitriolic that its difficult to reply in a non-insane manner isn't a great trait either.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Sure. But the thing is I only got that way after a couple hours of going back and forth with someone I know knows better.

The conversation started on page 167 for me. By the time I was saying fuck off, which I only said in one post, we were four pages and like four and a half hours into the discussion.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
However, if you could deliver the message that I never made the argument a_skeleton_03 claims I did to the Science thread, that would be appreciated!

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Short of doxxing someone or joining the editorial staff of Jezebel/Mother Jones I don't give a shit what you did. I need some entertainment in General and you being locked in here doesn't help. Free Hodj.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I appreciate your support in this time of oppression, Frenzied Wombat. You're good people.

I didn't do shit though. Draegan is just mad jelly of my swag.

Status
Not open for further replies.