Dragon Age: Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
yeah, bg3 was advertised on gay bear sex. I don't believe for a second they weren't irrevocably compromised as their studio tripled in size. They were already very left leaning, so no way did they have any gatekeeping or resistance to it. I don't have much hope for their next project sadly.

There is absolutely zero gay sex in BG3 unless you actively seek it out. I have no problem with that. I have a huge problem with a studio run by a self described gendermancer queersexual retard. I have no issues with the way Swen promotes and is an ambassador for his studio.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Busch detailed, “As a queer trans woman, I have a perspective on the games that not everyone has. Dragon Age has long been a place where LGBTQIA+ folks can see people like themselves, represented respectfully. It’s inherently very queer, and it’s such a rare thing for marginalized communities to have representation where we feel proud and powerful in how we are depicted.”

My favorite part of the article:

BioWare announced it is renaming its upcoming Dragon Age game from Dragon Age: Dreadwolf to Dragon Age: Veilguard. At the same time it’s been brought to public attention that the game’s director is a man pretending to be a woman who supports Black Lives Matter. He also believes the game is “inherently queer.”

Holy shit I cannot wait to see the memes coming out of this fucking thing when it launches.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

My favorite part of the article:
"it’s such a rare thing for marginalized communities to have representation where we feel proud and powerful in how we are depicted"

lmao, like a dude getting a tribal tattoo and feeling brave and tough doing showing it off.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Seriously, these people are nothing without their "gender identity". It defines them in every possible ways, and they infuse everything they do with it.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I bet 70% of this forum will still buy it and say "it's not that bad"

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Tiresome

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Everyone here knows this will suck gigantic cock. After this bomb I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel the Mass Effect "Project" which will also suck, if not worse, then this.

Part of me wants to see that launch fail as well though so they eat it financially so SOMEHOW they are responsible for the DEI / Woke shit they are going to pander too in both of these games. SB Inc is in there although EA won't publically state it. And as an aside, here are the other titles to avoid:

Battle ShapersMetric EmpireNarrative direction, design, writing, world
[38]
Breeze in the CloudsStormy Nights InteractiveNarrative design and consultation
[38]
ContrabandAvalanche StudiosSensitivity reading, scriptwriting
[44]
Marvel's WolverineInsomniac GamesStory consultation
[1]
South of MidnightCompulsion GamesStory development, cultural and character consultation
If this doesn't do very well Bioware is getting the axe from EA.

• 3Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
A reveal in June, you can bet your ass this is going to be drowning in gay shit. He'll the last game had a character that wouldn't shut up about it.
They said the player can romance any of the party NPCs. So it's already less gay and possibly more gay than Inquisition.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If this doesn't do very well Bioware is getting the axe from EA.
Good. That's what they get for what they did to my boy - Mass Effect. I still haven't given them a single cent since the ending of 3.

• 7Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Good. That's what they get for what they did to my boy - Mass Effect. I still haven't given them a single cent since the ending of 3.
I have access to Andromeda for free through Gamepass and I still wont touch it even out of morbid curiosity.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
What does S Secrets think? Is it queersexual enough?
Personal opinion: Those kinds of 'this game is going to be queer' comments are specifically targeted at a community that already exists in Dragon Age and has existed for years and years before this new game. Dragon Age was a woke game before the term 'woke' was even coined. It shouldn't come as a surprise that someone who directs a game is also a queer person.

For the forum dwellers here, it shouldn't matter as long as the game's good. The lot of you will play good games because they're good.

I don't have enough energy to care if the game is woke or based, I just care that the game is good, and a high percentage of people will play games that are good. They may try it out depending on shit like this, but generally they won't actively avoid playing a good game if word of mouth travels that it's a solid title.

I think Asmongold said it best when he said that no one gives a shit about this stuff being included in games. Or, rather, that players do not simply care about who or what is making a video game. They only care that the game is fun, enjoyable and contains a non-predatory monetization model like a box purchase w/o day one DLC.

Look at WoW and how people just ignored, largely, the Blizzard Kotaku hit pieces and played anyway. A majority of consumers don't care about that, they only care that the game is good, and during that time the development team was impacted by that shit, they came out with BfA, Shadowlands, etc - so I'd say there's a correlation between a game being utter dogshit and people playing it, not who is making it.

Gender politics has zero to do with a game being good or not. If two dudes are kissing but we have quality gameplay in the game & it returns Dragon Age to its roots and is actually fun? I think everyone will watch two dudes make out if it means playing a fun and exciting game, but they aren't playing it because two dudes are kissing, they're playing it because the game is good.

People who play games aren't caring about this stuff. It should be a nice to have for those who see it, but it doesn't need to be put on blast.

By the way, that trans woman has been the game director far before Mark Kern pointed her out on his Twitter. She's been with the company since the original Dragon Age, and it's safe to say that her presence will change absolutely fucking nothing if the people working around her aren't making a fun game. I fully expect EA to fuck this whole thing up far before she would.

• 3Like
  • 3Faggotry
  • 1Imbecile
Reactions: 9 users

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
By the way, that trans woman has been the game director far before Mark Kern pointed her out on his Twitter. She's been with the company since the original Dragon Age, and it's safe to say that her presence will change absolutely fucking nothing if the people working around her aren't making a fun game. I fully expect EA to fuck this whole thing up far before she would.

That thing is not a woman and is probably a huge part of the reason that company has went to shit. Mental retardation in charge does not bode well.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Personal opinion: Those kinds of 'this game is going to be queer' comments are specifically targeted at a community that already exists in Dragon Age and has existed for years and years before this new game. Dragon Age was a woke game before the term 'woke' was even coined. It shouldn't come as a surprise that someone who directs a game is also a queer person.

For the forum dwellers here, it shouldn't matter as long as the game's good. The lot of you will play good games because they're good.

I don't have enough energy to care if the game is woke or based, I just care that the game is good, and a high percentage of people will play games that are good. They may try it out depending on shit like this, but generally they won't actively avoid playing a good game if word of mouth travels that it's a solid title.

I think Asmongold said it best when he said that no one gives a shit about this stuff being included in games. Or, rather, that players do not simply care about who or what is making a video game. They only care that the game is fun, enjoyable and contains a non-predatory monetization model like a box purchase w/o day one DLC.

Look at WoW and how people just ignored, largely, the Blizzard Kotaku hit pieces and played anyway. A majority of consumers don't care about that, they only care that the game is good, and during that time the development team was impacted by that shit, they came out with BfA, Shadowlands, etc - so I'd say there's a correlation between a game being utter dogshit and people playing it, not who is making it.

Gender politics has zero to do with a game being good or not. If two dudes are kissing but we have quality gameplay in the game & it returns Dragon Age to its roots and is actually fun? I think everyone will watch two dudes make out if it means playing a fun and exciting game, but they aren't playing it because two dudes are kissing, they're playing it because the game is good.

People who play games aren't caring about this stuff. It should be a nice to have for those who see it, but it doesn't need to be put on blast.

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that you genuinely think culture war faggotry has nothing to do with a game being good or the fact that you keep saying her and she.

Fuck you.

• 7Like
  • 4Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 14 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
"it’s such a rare thing for marginalized communities to have representation where we feel proud and powerful in how we are depicted"

lmao, like a dude getting a tribal tattoo and feeling brave and tough doing showing it off.
It's so rare <gif of every game with girlbosses, tranny faces, and POC leads with queer story lines>

ITS SO RARE. <gif of every major franchise in Hollywood with a few exceptions full of girlbosses, girls who are the key to everything, queer storylines, white villains, and POC leads>

ITS SO RARE <flash of DEI rules that show that even the crews working on movies and TV shows must be diverse>
Holy fuck you're an idiot. If they are worried about making sure they are "sticking it to the CHUDs" by having two dudes kiss, then they aren't worried making a good/great game. As others indicated, there were gay options in BG3 but they were just options amogst many. These quotes make it sound like Queer Depiction in Power is the whole point. Activists care more about their ideology than they do the vehicle for THE MESSAGE™ and have proven that time and time again: It's why "Get Woke Go Broke" isn't a sometimes law, Its called "The Iron Law".

Jesus wasn't wrong when He indicated you can't serve two masters and "Game Quality" isn't the master these particular devs have been proven to serve in the past. Maybe "Dragon Age: Queer Eye for the Veil Guy" will be Great/Good/OK/Not Suck. I won't hold my breath.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Is secrets one of them dick choppers? I thought all of ours an hero’d.

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Is secrets one of them dick choppers? I thought all of ours an hero’d.
Like you don't know. You're poster nr. 2 in the thread, Furry Furry
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Like you don't know. You're poster nr. 2 in the thread, Furry Furry
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF
I didn’t actually read that thread though. All the posts happened after mine.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like