Dragon Age: Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
tumblr_moit02cQrT1qlzndvo1_500.gif
he has more character development than anyone i've seen from veilguard, i'd rather have this homicidal manic watch my back than the dei squad

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
could also be disco elysium, a top 5 of all time game made by communists inexplicably. or Wrath of the righteous, which is my #1.
and thats just crpgs. elden ring? lies of p? tons of incredible games in the indie market too.

oh wait no. he meant Starfield. clearly he meant Starfield.
Honestly the last few years have been a hell of a run for single player games. Multi... probably not so much.
I very briefly watched some streams of it a few times. Was hard to avoid as everyone was playing it for awhile. I'll try it if I get a chance one of these days. I'm guessing the combat makes it good? Isn't it one of those roll-on-the-ground-to-avoid-damage games? That's the laziest shit mechanic.
Yea Elden Ring is full of lazy mechanics. They can't even get UX right!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
You two convinced me. That was kinda what made me nope out of Valheim. I was getting my ass beat by blue giants because block did basically nothing. Then I watch a friend roll around on the ground like a dog and beat them easily.

If blocking is an option I'm in! :emoji_shield:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You two convinced me. That was kinda what made me nope out of Valheim. I was getting my ass beat by blue giants because block did basically nothing. Then I watch a friend roll around on the ground like a dog and beat them easily.

If blocking is an option I'm in! :emoji_shield:
As much as you like Rogue archetype - Im surprised you didnt stabby stab the giants to death. A perfectly timed hit from stealth with the Dagger would one shot them. lol The only thing that I hated about Valheim was getting too close to the grasslands and a fucking flying murder insect would come out and kill me while I was on the boat, a football field away from fucking land. Little bastards. Need to go back to the game one day and do the new content now that I think about it.

Some people just dont like Souls games. I dont understand it, but I know some people just want to chill and relax and.. ER is definitely not one to let you chill and relax too often. But maybe thats it, a challenge is kind of relaxing with a nice dopamine hit after succeeding for me.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I did eventually pivot into sneakery. Felt like I had died and ended up back on that damn waggon again. "Hey you, your finally awake! You were trying to cross the border right?"

I kinda liked the rest of the game though. I had a bunch of gay pigs that were somehow reproducing like Jurrasic park. A few little hovels. Sailing was good! The world art was good but I didn't much like the characters so I made my own.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

I didn't like Elden Ring as the story is shit to non-existent (or maybe you have to go find it in books like some retarded Bethesda game).

The exploration is certainly the best part, and where I spent the majority of my time (finding the invisible wall). The strange landscapes and NPC designs can be neat, although you could defiantly tell in the art style that it was a Japanese game, which I generally don't like.

Also, I played a "mage" which felt like a very consoltarded idea of a mage. I would not recommend and I probably should have respected into some form of melee that was less dull.

Penance

I didn't like Elden Ring as the story is shit to non-existent (or maybe you have to go find it in books like some retarded Bethesda game).
Bro your just fighting a bunch of incest succession wanting inbred demi gods. Top tier story

Kirun Kirun Did you enjoy the story?

• 1Like

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
Bro your just fighting a bunch of incest succession wanting inbred demi gods. Top tier story

That's just the surface level. It gets a bit deeper when you start finding out most of them have been hijacked by elder, err elden gods. There's like 6 different factions you can side with. And like 4 more factions you can't. It's actually a pretty busy story underneath everything. You kind of feel bad for the dragons, giants, and misbegotten.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

That's just the surface level. It gets a bit deeper when you start finding out most of them have been hijacked by elder, err elden gods. There's like 6 different factions you can side with. And like 4 more factions you can't. It's actually a pretty busy story underneath everything. You kind of feel bad for the dragons, giants, and misbegotten.
Oh I know. I love ER and Fromsoft stories in general. Minimal, but packed with more deep lore then anything. I'm weary of guided stories because they rely so much on good writing and are harder to ignore. I'm one of the few people that also enjoys Path if Exiles story

• 1Like

Penance

Well that defiantly clears up the whole motivation of the fatman on a little horse. Thanks!
Dude did you not read the description of item 4836 you get from dungeon 73, 10 zones ago? It explains it right there.

Nah but I get it. Definitely not a type of story telling for everyone.

• 1Worf

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Oh my... Dragon Age looks even worse than I imagined it would. I expected DEI & wokeness, but they've just gone and completely Marvelized it, too. Sincerity is dead and this franchise is cooked.

It really sucks how LGBTQ+ Redditors have come to completely dominate almost everything in the fantasy space.

• 1Like

Kaige

<WoW Guild Officer>
<WoW Guild Officer>
A lot of the Soulsborne/EldenRing games are basically a story where everything is fucked, and you're brought in at the 11th hour to make things better. However, as the game goes on, you realize everything is way more fucked than you realized, and it was all built atop a pile of fuckery. "Making things better" was always just an alternate way of saying "making things less fucked". So when you go to "fix" it, you also find out others have "fixed it" before and things turned out like this anyway. In fact, it will happen again after you and some other asshole is going to go through the same thing as part of some despair-ridden fuckery cycle.

But you grit your teeth, kick some ass and do it anyway.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It's a custom character appearance you racist fuck.

The game looks solid as hell

• 3Picard
  • 2Like
  • 1Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 9 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Solid as hell? Did I watch the same bullshit you just did?

Looks super mid. Reminds me of Ubisoft's latest Creed game. Having a linear path to travel down and fight lol enemies with 3 loaded skill slots screams that this was meant to be played on mobile.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

A lot of the Soulsborne/EldenRing games are basically a story where everything is fucked, and you're brought in at the 11th hour to make things better. However, as the game goes on, you realize everything is way more fucked than you realized, and it was all built atop a pile of fuckery. "Making things better" was always just an alternate way of saying "making things less fucked". So when you go to "fix" it, you also find out others have "fixed it" before and things turned out like this anyway. In fact, it will happen again after you and some other asshole is going to go through the same thing as part of some despair-ridden fuckery cycle.

But you grit your teeth, kick some ass and do it anyway.
I'm sick of pyrrhic or bad end games. dark souls is the hallmark of that, but didn't actually start it. its way more pervasive, even if darksouls spread it. I think its the whole zoomer/gen z demoralization thing. Constantly deconstructing, constantly nihilist. Never genuine.

wrath of the righteous is so great as its not that. there are bad ends, and evil paths. but if you want to play it straight and just lay down a Righteous smackdown on demons, you can. even when the story does throw that twist in there. It would have been even cooler if it wasn't quite so standalone.
Imagine if there were games set in or around the worldwound prior to Wrath. small pyrric victories that in the end change nothing about the greater world.

dragon age, or dark souls having a finale that just a full on Wrath of the Righteous would be pretty amazing. bits and pieces of the previous pyrric wins having set the stage.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users