Dragon's Dogma 2

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I did start a new save, cheated some vocation points a bit to make it less annoying(I had no interest in playing some of these vocations again so just maxed them) and now going for full map clear pretty much. I'm done with like 70% of Vermund stuff(have to finish the mist march/elves stuff and a few things I skipped) then I'll move on to Bathal, and I'll probably start looking into adding the mod that scales damage to make difficulty better.

I'm playing offline too this time(wasn't sure what would trigger a pawn ban if anything so waiting until I'm higher levels with how much discipline I have) too so I get the additional nerf of shit pawns, the offline ones are terrible due to having really low vocation ranks for their level(need to be like 22+ to get rank5 vocations, even though my main pawn was rank 8).

Pretty dumb you have to fiddle around to actually make the game balanced. Also hopefully someone makes a mod for permanent postgame, it sucks it's save limited.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I did start a new save, cheated some vocation points a bit to make it less annoying(I had no interest in playing some of these vocations again so just maxed them) and now going for full map clear pretty much. I'm done with like 70% of Vermund stuff(have to finish the mist march/elves stuff and a few things I skipped) then I'll move on to Bathal, and I'll probably start looking into adding the mod that scales damage to make difficulty better.

I'm playing offline too this time(wasn't sure what would trigger a pawn ban if anything so waiting until I'm higher levels with how much discipline I have) too so I get the additional nerf of shit pawns, the offline ones are terrible due to having really low vocation ranks for their level(need to be like 22+ to get rank5 vocations, even though my main pawn was rank 8).

Pretty dumb you have to fiddle around to actually make the game balanced. Also hopefully someone makes a mod for permanent postgame, it sucks it's save limited.
You won't get pawn banned for cheating DCP/vocation levels.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So is there a point to NG+? I mean I have everything maxed out and about to go fight the dragon. I'm sure I fucked up quests and missed some but if it's just the same game but easy mode because nothing scales then I'll just leave my save incase of an expansion.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So is there a point to NG+? I mean I have everything maxed out and about to go fight the dragon. I'm sure I fucked up quests and missed some but if it's just the same game but easy mode because nothing scales then I'll just leave my save incase of an expansion.
Make a backup save before and then you can go and check out the ending and stuff, but no there's basically nothing to NG+, only difference is the wyrmsblood vendor has some permanent buffs that increase your xp or some shit so you can level higher, but the world is otherwise exactly the same so it's pretty weak. If on PC you can use the damage scaling mod to make it better but from what I understand there's some issues because some skills use the damage scaling themselves so they're not affect(or not as affected).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The movement controls are so flighty/janky, how long did it take you guys to get used to them?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Three things that would make this game better:
1- Eternal Ferrystone- The current money grind is bad enough without having to mush drakes to replenish these end game. I get it exploration is fun and great for leveling and farming mats, but once you have done the desert town to capitol trek 4-5 times its just tedious. Make it a quest drop in the Desert Town or one of the earlier Sphinx rewards, but put it back in the game.
2- Add the Pawn subskills back into the game, maybe at the Rune Crystal vendors.
3- Either fix the fucking pawn pathing so they don't constantly leap to their death or add more general rune portals in the game outside of major dungeons that are a slog to get to. Seriously, the hour long run to get to Dragon Hunting Grounds with all the fall to your death fuckery (on top of Harpies) is one of many of the game where you end up having to either port crystal hop or just redo. All because your retarded pawns decide to yell Geronimo at various points. I would prefer the former fix, but would accept the latter.

Do those things and this is a Game of the Year candidate. Right now at the midway point, I am feeling it at about an 8/10.

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
I'm not terribly far into the game, but the thing that bums me out is it feels like there was less effort put into this than the original. NG+ on the original was really cool and made the replay worth while. The uniqueness of the Everfall was a really great idea. The Ur dragon was also a cool idea. This version just seems real bland to me so far and it doesn't sound like it gets much better at the end game or NG+. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Let's face it, Elden Ring completely changed the genre - like it or not. It completely changed the way we think about "action" RPGs now and going forward. Both from a combat standpoint, exploration, gameplay, boss mechanics, etc. It's not only a 10/10 game, it's probably one of the greatest games period of all-time.

So if that's the bar for 10/10, the fact that people are giving this game 8/10 is fucking WILD to me. I could maybe be convinced this game is a 7 with some patches to fix some more of the annoying performance, goofy controls, shitty camera, etc. But there is no fucking way this is an 8/10 in 2024.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Three things that would make this game better:
1- Eternal Ferrystone- The current money grind is bad enough without having to mush drakes to replenish these end game. I get it exploration is fun and great for leveling and farming mats, but once you have done the desert town to capitol trek 4-5 times its just tedious. Make it a quest drop in the Desert Town or one of the earlier Sphinx rewards, but put it back in the game.
2- Add the Pawn subskills back into the game, maybe at the Rune Crystal vendors.
3- Either fix the fucking pawn pathing so they don't constantly leap to their death or add more general rune portals in the game outside of major dungeons that are a slog to get to. Seriously, the hour long run to get to Dragon Hunting Grounds with all the fall to your death fuckery (on top of Harpies) is one of many of the game where you end up having to either port crystal hop or just redo. All because your retarded pawns decide to yell Geronimo at various points. I would prefer the former fix, but would accept the latter.

Do those things and this is a Game of the Year candidate. Right now at the midway point, I am feeling it at about an 8/10.
Apparently that is learned behavior, if you jump off cliffs they will too. Same as picking up enemies and throwing them at each other. Not sure if you can undo learned behavior but worth a shot.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Let's face it, Elden Ring completely changed the genre - like it or not. It completely changed the way we think about "action" RPGs now and going forward. Both from a combat standpoint, exploration, gameplay, boss mechanics, etc. It's not only a 10/10 game, it's probably one of the greatest game's period of all-time.

So if that's the bar for 10/10, the fact that people are giving this game 8/10 is fucking WILD to me. I could maybe be convinced this game is a 7 with some patches to fix some more of the annoying performance, goofy controls, shitty camera, etc. But there is no fucking way this is an 8/10 in 2024.

The camera needs a years worth of work alone. A few tweaks to FOV behavior isn't going to cut it. Entire thing needs to be redone.

Break

I knew it wasn't going to be an Elden Ring so I'm not too disappointed but there are some things I kinda hate compared to the first game.

I hate how much the scripted events arrest the player's movement and how difficult it is to get out of dialogues. Most of the cut scenes are also way too long. And the controls... the controls and movement are just downright janky where this should have been how the first game controlled and the smoother controls of the first should have been in this game.

I think it's fixable where it could be an 8 or 9 out of 10 assuming ER is an 11.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game would have been good being released before Skyrim; if you want better story, gameplay and combat it's already been made.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
They patched it so you can start a new save from main screen. Earned it’s right to be a 10/10 game now.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Break

Played a bit more this morning, I think I'm starting to like the game. I'm only like level 12 though and haven't done much but I think I'm numb to the janky controls now and it's really not half bad.

Break

Ogres are funny and slightly based (and were in DD1 too) because if you have women in your party the ogre is likely to grab them and run off and eat them (or you).

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I love the game but they picked the wrong engine for it. This is an action game. Characters need to be able to turn on a dime and colliding with a rock needs to not initiate the slowest parkour animation of all time to climb on top when you're just trying to turn around. Movement should have been snappy and video-gamey, not super realistic. FFXV has really been cancerous for making this such a big trend.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only thing that really bugs me about the movement (having been replaying Dark Arisen just prior to release) is there's too much momentum. Also, the overlapping controls for starting to climb an enemy vs. just trying to push its leg to topple it can be annoying. It's like the engine guesses at which one I want to do, and gets it wrong most of the time. I get around it by jumping before grabbing to climb, but it can be a bit awkward.

Not that I really climb much after unlocking warfarer anyway. The Augural Flare + Skull Splitter combo is just too good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I try to stick to the less overpowered stuff cause the game's way too fucking easy otherwise. Playing with just my main mage support bitch pawn atm as "warfarer" but it's just 3 thief skills and sorc staff to levitate around for seeker's tokens and a bow to shoot at flyers. I have damage set at like 85%, I capped my lvl at 30 when I was in vermund(now uncapped cause I moved to Bathal but will cap at like 45 or so), stagger reduced on bosses, it's pretty crazy the hoops you have to jump through not to just bulldoze everything, and even then I still kill most things pretty quickly. Still get challenges every now and then, drakes are annoying and I did the trek to unlock magic archer once I got into Bathal right away, that shit was way further than I thought(like the cave to skip into the "island" was pretty big) and then I was getting worked by the mobs there.