E3 2015

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Slept on this idea, do not want. The pixel art is iconic.

FF7 remake is perfect because FF7's character graphics were FUCKING AWFUL. There's nothing iconic about blocky Cloud run-waddling around.
Really besides the characters on screens where you run around is the only thing that is really bad.

Other than that, I think the graphics actually hold up pretty well for a ps1 game. The characters in combat aren't that bad

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Cross wasn't a bad game in its on right, but it really is not a sequel to trigger. I would love a true trigger sequel

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know why people are so gay for HD remakes. If you want to play the game just play it. Trigger is already on a plethora of devices you own one that will run it. Give me new shit not shit I already beat when I was 14 but with a coat of paint.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
FF7's gameplay absolutely holds up to this day. The pacing is great and the gameplay is so varied as you progress--all the different minigames and little boss fights you go through. It's quite a dynamic experience; the game doesn't ever feel monotonous and is actually very engaging for an RPG even to this day.

Caliane

Slept on this idea, do not want. The pixel art is iconic.

FF7 remake is perfect because FF7's character graphics were FUCKING AWFUL. There's nothing iconic about blocky Cloud run-waddling around.
yes this is correct. I was considering making a post earlier.
Sprite based games have held up MUCH better. while the early polygon based games are horrible.
giant FMV are also a total relic. While we mock QTE, they were a natural progression from the worse 3min video where you put the control down entirely.

And that is also where the gameplay doesnt hold up comes in. again. 1:20 knights of the round. nevermind quadra or mime...
Final Fantasy VII 7: Knights of the Round summon - YouTube

Random battles and CD load times were also a serious problem. again the kind of thing you would not put up with today. either less battles, to compensate for the time, or none random. when you were 12 and had all the time in the world, you didn't notice it as much. Any that played the PS version of FF6 however, sure did vs the SNES version.

FF8's draw system was garbage. been awhile, but I do admit, the matera/gear from ff7 wasn't too bad. not my ideal. but not awful.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
TBH FF7 was what got me into RPGs in the first place. I remember when i first got the game i has a PS with no memory card and i left midgar thinking i had beaten the game then i died to some sandworm and i was like FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

So did i buy memory card? nope i started alllllllllllllll over again and didnt get a memory card until i think i met Cid? Anyways after that game i played every RPG i could get my hand on so,... yeah some may think its overrated and overhyped but FF7 was amazing.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I got a PSX with FF7 for my birthday one year. Mom forgot to buy a memory card and worked nights so I played from 4PM until 9AM when she could take me to the store

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The Knights of the Round concern is a non-issue. They'll put in an option to skip summon animations. Hell, summons may even have QTEs built into them.

Anyone who thinks this is going to be a 1:1 remake is kidding themselves. At a minimum they will differ regionally, and NA wont get the cross-dressing stuff, and Barrett wont be such a brutal stereotype.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I've been looking through schedules and I don't see any time slots for Rockstar games. Does anyone know when (or if) they have anything during this conference? Was really hoping for a Red Dead Redemption 2 announcement.
Rockstar doesn't do E3, they don't need/want to share the spotlight on any game announcements.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I have sound off due to conference call but this is creepy - i never liked the muppets!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah graphics are very unimpressive. For a second I thought they were showing N64 Starfox material lol.