Eating fish contaminated by Fukushima is probably ok

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
30,000 years is some serious freezer burn, so no.
You can't tell me if you and a bro were sitting around the lab that had a frozen mammoth in the freezer that you wouldn't dare each other to eat some. I sure as hell would.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I've heard that deep fried honey bees are pretty delicious. Especially if you eat them by the ten thousand. Marinated in garlic.

porkchop sandwiches

Potato del Grande
I like that title, but it's unavailable for purchase
frown.png

You of all people should know I write unproduced and unproducable scripts. I thought you chimed in on that way back Millie thread.
What makes a script unproducable? What kind of stuff do you write about?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
You can't tell me if you and a bro were sitting around the lab that had a frozen mammoth in the freezer that you wouldn't dare each other to eat some. I sure as hell would.
Pretty much how I imagine the Zombie Apocalypse starting.

@porkchop classic blunders like making a girl the main character in a script. Received wisdom is that leading men are the only ones who can fill seats.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Tad10 would eat mammoth meat, but only if civilization had collapsed and if he had killed it by hand using a flint tipped spear whose point he knapped himself.

Later, whilst reclining on the mammoth's hide with his stomach distended from having eaten an obscene amount mammoth flesh, he would begin assembling a radio from scratch so that he could brag to anyone listening of his latest survivalist triumph.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Tad10 would eat mammoth meat, but only if civilization had collapsed and if he had killed it by hand using a flint tipped spear whose point he knapped himself.

Later, whilst reclining on the mammoth's hide with his stomach distended from having eaten an obscene amount mammoth flesh, he would begin assembling a radio from scratch so that he could brag to anyone listening of his latest survivalist triumph.
Mammoths are too useful to kill if they've been un-extincted.

rrr_img_56273.jpg

Cybsled

Humans have tried mammoth meat before...it's basically frozen rotten meat. Think about it: After it died, even if it was like -40 out, the internal body heat would still promote decomp in an animal that large (same reason why hunters have to field prep game ASAP).

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
@porkchop classic blunders like making a girl the main character in a script. Received wisdom is that leading men are the only ones who can fill seats.
That's not entirely true (although I'll grant you it is still a large part of the mindset), you just have to know your target audience. In the case of a girl main character, it is obviously women ages 10-45 or so. Twilight, Hunger Games, Divergent, and multiple others show that female main characters definitely have an audience. It is just a different audience than what is normally targeted. And a different type of story, obviously. An all female Expendables is going to flop, but Twilight alone showed that there's a market. If you can stand to write weepy romances with klutzy main characters that fat girls can sympathize with (even though the character is never fat).

Now, if you don't want to write that drivel, you're correct. But the audience IS there.

On the conspiracy theory front, I linked that really good website someone posted here, the one where it debunked all the Fukushima stuff, to my coworkers/friends. They "haven't had time to look at it." So yeah, if it doesn't support their narrative they aren't going to give it the time of day, or believe a word it says. I keep trying though!

iannis

Musty Nester
DNA has a half life, the same as anything else. There is a hard physical limit on how long it can be preserved. Entropy is a fact. Matter changes and degrades over time. It's not a lack of technology as much as it is millions of years have their effect, and the effect is noticable when what you want to do is recover dinosaur DNA.

Weathering exists even on the atomic and subatomic level.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Wasn't ISON supposed to have killed us by now, or am I mixing it up with something else? Around the 30th of Dec I think it was tad or Lumie who was telling us we had about two weeks. The apocalypse is so frequent, it's kinda hard to keep track.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Wasn't ISON supposed to have killed us by now, or am I mixing it up with something else? Around the 30th of Dec I think it was tad or Lumie who was telling us we had about two weeks. The apocalypse is so frequent, it's kinda hard to keep track.
We're already dead you fucking retard! You just don't realize it yet.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure what happened to the original Fukushima thread (maybe it was the Weather thread?), but it just got hit by a 7.3.

Make that, Honshu got hit by a 7.3. Tsunami warning for Fukushima.