Eating fish contaminated by Fukushima is probably ok

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Fukushima-radiated West Co. cover up - National Human Rights | Examiner.com

Ignore the sensationalist title as it's not really much of a cover-up but it turns out that Fukushima is still releasing several thousand gallons of radioactive wastewater into the Pacific Ocean every day. Maybe this is the cause of Starfish melting in the Pacific Coast, maybe not. However, it does seem that multiple independent sources in Canada, the United States and elsewhere has confirmed increasing amounts of Cesium-137 in Pacific Fish - particularly in top-of-the-chain fish like Tuna.

So when you're eating that sushi, you might want to take a potassium iodide pill.

Happy New Year!

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Aww someone's jealous of all the attention our other forum retards were getting today.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i cant imagine fukushima fish doing more damage to a human body than a typical american inflicts on it during the course of a week with drinking, smoking and eating double downs

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
lets take the first 3 in that list out of the 37. i assume the rest of the list is similar bullshit

#1 Independent researchers have measured alarmingly high radiation levels on West Coast beaches. [See video on this page dated Dec. 23rd, 2013 at Pacifica State Beach showing radiation levels near the water are up to five times higher than normal background radiation.]

#2 According to Oceanus Magazine, the total amount of cesium-137 released into the Pacific Ocean from Fukushima is 10,000 to 100,000 times greater than Chernobyl released into oceans or 1960s atmospheric nuclear weapons tests.

#3 Former MSNBC host Cenk Uygur admitted that while at MSNBC, he was instructed not to warn the public about radiation from Fukushima.

I was on MSNBC at the time when this happened, I said, "Don't trust what the Japanese government is saying, they'll say trust what the electric power company is saying. Go, go, go, get outta there. Get as far away from that plant as you can. It's literally a core meltdown." And they always don't want people to panic, so they were always like, "Oh it's going to be okay." [...] I'm like, "You're crazy man, don't be anywhere near that reactor." And I remember at the time, of course not at The Young Turks, but on cable news, people were like, "Hey Cenk, you know, I don't know that you want to say that, because the official government position is that it's safe." Oh, is that the official government position? Now go explain that to the people who served on the USS Ronald Reagan.

1. who's to say that 5x more is harmful?

2. well no shit. chernobyl was hundreds of miles from the nearest large body of water, let alone a fucking ocean.

3. sounds like Cenk was instructed not to act like a raving loon on-air and cause panic

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
its cute how you quoted me, but completely ignored what i was saying.

lets try again. this guy is making the assertion that 5x higher radiation than normal is somehow bad. a layman who doesnt know much about these things can say hey, 5x more? that sounds pretty bad! but the fact is that guy could get more radiation from spending 4 hours on the sun shirtless. there's absolutely no context for that 5x "factoid", its just fear mongering

Fear vs. Radiation - The Mismatch - NYTimes.com

Perhaps most importantly, research on the bomb survivors has found that at lower doses, below 100 millisieverts, radiation causes no detectable elevations in normal rates of illness and disease. (Among several measures of radiation exposure, sieverts reflect the biological effects of radiation.) The vast majority of the doses received by people living near Fukushima or Chernobyl were well below this 100 millisievert threshold.

The robust evidence that ionizing radiation is a relatively low health risk dramatically contradicts common fears.

But nuclear accidents have provided strong evidence that those fears have dramatic health consequences of their own. The World Health Organization's 20-year review of the Chernobyl disaster found that its psychological impacts did more health damage than radiation exposure did, and a principle cause of the population's debilitating stress was "an exaggerated sense of the dangers to health of exposure to radiation."

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I briefly skimmed the remaining ~30 bullet points.

they all useBefore It's News | Alternative News | UFO | Beyond Science | True News| Prophecy News | People Powered Newsas a source exclusively.

never heard of them? thats ok. here's a screencap of their homepage and the hard hitting exposes they deliver

rrr_img_55480.jpg

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
wow 25 sieverts an hour!! and kill me in 30 days!!

do i have to stand next to the reactor for 30 days to die? or can I just stand around for an hour and then die 30 days later?

now, how will this affect me when this radiation is spread out over an area of 64 million square miles?

christ. i educate you about context and you go right back to herp derp

tad10

Elisha Dushku
wow 25 sieverts an hour!! and kill me in 30 days!!

do i have to stand next to the reactor for 30 days to die? or can I just stand around for an hour and then die 30 days later?

now, how will this affect me when this radiation is spread out over an area of 64 million square miles?

christ. i educate you about context and you go right back to herp derp
Context? I'm talking about fish. Do you even understand how things like Mercury and Cesium get concentrated in fish? I'm guessing no with the 64 million square miles comment.

You are the kind of stupid that doesn't get that he's stupid.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
It depends on concentration, I wouldn't buy fish from fukushima prefecture but fish from other parts of the planet wouldn't be lethal

Radioactive cesium levels drop in Fukushima fish, but strontium remains a mystery - AJW by The Asahi Shimbun

??~Fukushima fish ends in garbage??T: Radioactive fears blight Japan??Ts seafood industry ??" RT News

The concerns mainly arise over catches made in the waters close to the Fukushima nuclear power plant. After it was established that the hydraulic system at the Fukushima nuclear power plant was severely irradiated, fears grew that the contamination could spread into the Pacific.
"There is significant contamination in the bottom segment, especially in the pond and the river system, where we can find a very high amount of radioactive cesium accumulated," Yamashike Yosuke, Environmental Engineering Professor at Kyoto University, told RT.
Fukushima Radiation In Pacific Tuna Is Equal To One Twentieth Of A Banana - Forbes

only thing about the banana article i'd ask questions about is longterm concentrations from the food chain, like how ddt worked it's way up the food chain

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Context? I'm talking about fish. Do you even understand how things like Mercury and Cesium get concentrated in fish? I'm guessing no with the 64 million square miles comment.

You are the kind of stupid that doesn't get that he's stupid.

Oh please educate me, tad.

Tell me more about the radioactive fish. Who will you use as a source this time? godlikeproductions.com ? abovetopsecret.com ?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jesus tad, can't you realize that Fukushima is suffering from affluenza and stop trying to beat her up about it.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
The Canadians disagree with the Japanese as to the amount of Cesium in Japanese fish.

I'd probably give more weight to the Forbes article if it didn't depend on a paper that simply calculated Cesium for PBFT instead of actually - you know - sampling PBFT.

Here's the paper the Forbes article cites:
http://www.pnas.org/content/early/20...34110.full.pdf

A highlight from that paper for Big A:

The highest level of contamination
reported for a Fukushima-contaminated fish (740,000 Bq?kg?
1) exists for a greenling caught in February 2013 near the water intakes
for the No. 1 and No. 4 reactors inside the port of the Fukushima No. 1
power plant (25). The contamination level of this fish exceeded the
Japanese market exclusion limit for 134+137Cs of 100 Bq?kg?1 by
a factor of 7,400, and consuming 200 g of this fish would result in
a dose of ?2.2 mSv.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
bananas: the deadly yellow killers.

i had a banana yesterday, good bye friends.