Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am going to try hoarfrost out. I found it randomly but haven't used it. I've just been 2handing the Bloodhound Fang and parrying with the buckler sometimes. An option to AOE something would be quite helpful.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They call me the Ghost of Stormveil.

unknown-86.png

unknown-158.png

6 million Russian invaders and counting.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
anyone using bloodhounds step? I'm already getting tired of moonveil katan's excellent medium range option that trivializes everything and am contemplating a bloodhound step + colossal weapon build.
Yeah using that on 2 spears bleed build.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What the hell. You can survive jumping from way higher with that spell. The ultimate explorer's magic.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hot damn, thanks for this. I have my turtle shell at +2 and previewing +3 still didn’t have guard boost upgrades so I gave up. Presumably it has them at some point in the progression?
Yeah, it was a weird progression. Like the first couple didn't give any but then it switched to every odd level with one or two evens in there to hit +13 guard boost over 25 upgrades.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is this the one?

That's the one! Those ruins are shit with the Death Power guys though. IDK what its called but Death Buildup is complete bullshit. If the meter goes to full you just die instantly. Well with a very lengthy animation of you getting impaled by spikes.

• 1Like

Vorph

I hope Moonveil can be enchanted.
Nope. Weapons that are already split damage cannot be buffed.

Moonveil isn't remotely as OP as people made it out to be (especially compared to some of the newer game-breaking videos posted). You want lots of int, but there's a point where adding more dex gives more AR than adding more int. I haven't tested thoroughly to see if dex increases the damage of Transient Moonlight though. I suspect that it does because Sword of Night and Flame build videos say that it scales the beam and wave off of the weapon's total AR. So to answer your earlier question, int at least 60 for the best staff, probably more like 70-80 since sorc scaling on a new staff doesn't really kick in until you're quite a bit above the minimum req to equip. 40 dex for a good chunk of extra AR and a bit of cast speed. At least 26 mind to summon Tiche. 40 vigor, and then however much end you need for what you wear.

That's probably more than 150, but Radagon's Soreseal permanently occupies one of my talisman slots. Even the str on it is useful since brass shield takes 16 to equip.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Now this is some fucking horseshit. That’s 60k souls that I can’t retrieve because you can’t pick them up mid-air.

C09F02C9-8F1B-4B0B-86FE-7BD3C90F6ACF.jpeg

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That's probably more than 150, but Radagon's Soreseal permanently occupies one of my talisman slots. Even the str on it is useful since brass shield takes 16 to equip.
Hard to get rid of Soreseal. You give so much even at level 150+ and there isn't a ton of competition in the fourth slot for most builds.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I feel like farming the enemies on the hill right there is more efficient than sniping that bird guy, but you do need to have the right build for it wheras sniping the bird only requires a bow and arrows.

Icerind Hatchet's L2 makes short work of the enemies on the hill, as does the sword you get from the final boss soul. I suspect you could go to NG+ and do it there for like 3x the souls too.
I seem to have outleveled the content I am on, capitol city was a breeze and I never once farmed for runes. There’s so much stuff to do that rune farming before end game seems like waste of time.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Hard to get rid of Soreseal. You give so much even at level 150+ and there isn't a ton of competition in the fourth slot for most builds.
Yeah, especially considering you can get it in the first 10 minutes of the game while the 'caster' version of it isn't available til practically the end. (And is shitty since they gimped it to just mind/int/faith with no arcane for some reason.)

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
more deets, what weapons (spiked spear?) you using and what affinity?
Quality, spiked spear and the naginta looking one. Could also go dex, if I stop being lazy and run my ass to go get the second Cross-Naginta the bleed would be even better. Two power stance pokes I usually get a bleed proc. they start panic rolling and I roll catch, dead filthy wizard.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Lore:
So what I've pieced together is that Ranni the Witch stole the Death Rune, which was a piece of the Elden Ring and this caused the Shattering. Stealing the death rune cursed everyone in the Lands Between with Immortality and that's why they're all insane/attack you easily. The Immortal people of the Lands Between are not the same as Undead who are "living in death" as D puts it. Since he wants to kill them all or something.

She wants this back or something and this is her quest line, at least partially.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I am so torn on if I want to just go in to NG+ and respec or just start a fresh run and go like str/faith or something different.

Does NG+ do the thing where you get +2 versions of the various talismans you couldn't before like old darksouls games did?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I went ahead and just started a fresh playthrough. Going faith something this time. Feels good one shotting margit heh.

Goonsquad Officer
is there a reason not to do the volcano manor quests? the intro dialogue from the lady makes it sound like a big 'ol war. feel kinda bad hunting folks, but i dunno if the targets are assholes, or if it changes any other storylines or anything.

Vorph

I went ahead and just started a fresh playthrough. Going faith something this time. Feels good one shotting margit heh.
I've actually been considering this despite having 100+ hours in a int/dex build. Moonveil drops off hard from Mountaintop of the Giants on, and sorcery is completely uninteresting. I could just respec but I don't want to waste a cool build playthrough on just doing the last ~20% of the game. Not sure if a switch to Sword of Night and Flame would be worth it, I think I could upgrade another somber stone weapon without much trouble still. Pretty low on 'easy' upgrade mats otherwise; I upgraded a bunch of stuff just to test things.

is there a reason not to do the volcano manor quests? the intro dialogue from the lady makes it sound like a big 'ol war. feel kinda bad hunting folks, but i dunno if the targets are assholes, or if it changes any other storylines or anything.
Targets aren't really assholes, especially the one Patches sends you after, but it doesn't appear to affect anything and doing them does get you the best hp sustain (heal on kill, even if it's something that just randomly died halfway across the zone) talisman.