Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
Waiting to see how the inevitable "All Bosses" run pans out cause at least that will be entertaining instead of watching someone glitch and break the game and not even really....at least to my personal belief...actually beat the game.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When using the bow in offhand I dont really know how to switch back to swinging the katana after firing some atrows. I usually end up switching the bow to the shield so I can melee again. Is it just me doing it wrong?

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure where you are in the game, but if you travel to Bestial Sanctum, save at the grace inside the building, and basically there are these black grim reaper looking dudes right off to the left and right of the entrance. I usually go left, as they are more spaced out. They are tough because they are a higher level than when you're supposed to be there, but they have low HP, and you can backstab them and take them out pretty quickly. They give between 1,000 and 1,200 runes each. Kill 7 or 8 of them, go back to the grace, rest, level up, and then they will all respawn and you can kill them all again. I can usually pick up 300,000 or so runes in an hour, once you know how to kill them. Just avoid their spell attack (it'll kill you instantly, but is pretty easy to avoid), and their charged jumping swing attack (same thing, insta kill). You can probably even kill 15 or more before heading back to the grace, but just be careful because you obviously don't want to die with 50,000 or more runes on you and then get killed trying to get back to your corpse. I usually get enough runes to level up, then go back to the grace and spend them, just so if I do die, I don't have a shit ton of runes on me and then have to sweat out a corpse run.

If you don't know how to get to the Bestial Sanctum portal, it's right behind the Third Church of Marika, behind some bushes. I think it's north behind the church.
If you run a bit further south there is a grace right next to a bridge. Just north of that grace you can use summons, if you have one that helps against these little buggers.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've gotten the twins armor from the guy from round table hold, I haven't taken it off for 50 or 60 levels.

I've been wondering whether I'll finally come across something I'm willing to switch out to. I know the bull goat armor is supposed to be the highest poise in the game, but I don't think I'm anywhere close to completing that quest line.

Are there any other sets that are easy to get that are worth looking at?

Lionels armor in Leyndell will hold you over to goat armoor

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wtf did I just watch? How is this a thing? I don't understand speed running if your are not playing the game as intended.
There are various categories of speed runs. This category is you can use any sort of glitches, any version of the game, etc. it’s most peoples least favorite type is speed run as it’s basically just seeing how hard you can break the game.

You’d (most people) probably enjoy the “No glitch all rememberance” speedruns as the people have to go through a lot more of the game that way.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Speedruns where you have to display expert knowledge and skill is way more interesting and awesome than glitch runs.

I have no idea who likes watching glitch runs other than the fags who do them.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if they patched it but the last all remembrances run I watched was pretty lame since they were just parrying their fortress spell or whatever.

Speedruns without all-remembrances and no glitches will also be lame since it'll be 80% running.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've gotten the twins armor from the guy from round table hold, I haven't taken it off for 50 or 60 levels.

I've been wondering whether I'll finally come across something I'm willing to switch out to. I know the bull goat armor is supposed to be the highest poise in the game, but I don't think I'm anywhere close to completing that quest line.

Are there any other sets that are easy to get that are worth looking at?
The Veterans armor is (I think) the best weight to poise ratio armor. Whenever I’m trying to get the highest poise possible with weight limitations that’s the one that works. From castle sol boss

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Veteran's+Set

Edit: yep looks like it’s the best weight ratio in the game. People in the comments are crying to nerf it due to pvp lol I only use it when I’m in a fight that needs poise, it’s too ugly for me to care about the stats. I hate the helmet and huge cloak. Legs and gloves are fine though!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Filthy casual here who has never played any Fromsoft game until this one. Despite being level 85-ish, I really have no idea WTF I'm doing when it comes to weapon selection. I've been a 100% 2-hand melee build since nearly the beginning of the game. I've amassed mountains of swell looking weapons, but I don't know how to decipher which ones might actually be an upgrade over the Twinblade I've been using since like, 3 hours into the game. It's currently at a B Str scaling and upgraded to +16.

How do I know what other weapons are worth burning stones / runes for? Like, is a D Str D Dex E Arc weapon potentially better than just B Str? Is there some sort of calculator for this that allows you to map out weapon upgrades, etc? It's difficult enough finding free time to play this thing, so I'd prefer not to throw a shitload of smithing stones at a bunch of garbage.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Filthy casual here who has never played any Fromsoft game until this one. Despite being level 85-ish, I really have no idea WTF I'm doing when it comes to weapon selection. I've been a 100% 2-hand melee build since nearly the beginning of the game. I've amassed mountains of swell looking weapons, but I don't know how to decipher which ones might actually be an upgrade over the Twinblade I've been using since like, 3 hours into the game. It's currently at a B Str scaling and upgraded to +16.

How do I know what other weapons are worth burning stones / runes for? Like, is a D Str D Dex E Arc weapon potentially better than just B Str? Is there some sort of calculator for this that allows you to map out weapon upgrades, etc? It's difficult enough finding free time to play this thing, so I'd prefer not to throw a shitload of smithing stones at a bunch of garbage.

The weapons attack style and special skill are usually more important than the scaling, though the skill can be changed with ashes of war and the scaling can also be changed. Some have unique abilities that are quite good

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

It’s hard to know which to use. What I do is when I get a new one I try out the L2 skill to see what it does. Remember to try L2 then swing with R1 then try again with L2 followed by R2 because many weapons have some kind of follow up or attack pattern change after the skill.

Find a skill that seems useful on a weapon with a move set you like then level that weapon up a bit and try playing with it.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So I been going through most of the game as a shield block/bleed build. I finally got a godskin sticher and the fingerprint shield and been using those as my weapon set. Most of the fights has been pretty easy for me with the exception of few of them. I added sepuku art of war on my weapon and now I’m ripping things up. Bleed is too powerful and I can see a nerf coming to it. Overall the build is pretty safe but at the same it’s boring to play. Just keep shield up and poke away the monsters health and occasional use the shield charge art of war. It’s a very defensive playstyle build. I was going to respec to the dual wield sepuku blood build but since I killed Rykard and got the blasphemy blade I may try a faith 2 hander build with it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bleed is amazing and then you get to the last boss and From basically fucks you without lube. Could have at least just given him high bleed resistance.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel I'm fighting the control scheme more than the game mechanics right now. Gamepad did not feel good at all, but the keyboard bindings are awful as default. Will need to take time and set this up correct for me.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel I'm fighting the control scheme more than the game mechanics right now. Gamepad did not feel good at all, but the keyboard bindings are awful as default. Will need to take time and set this up correct for me.
Do you have any foot pedals?

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The Veterans armor is (I think) the best weight to poise ratio armor. Whenever I’m trying to get the highest poise possible with weight limitations that’s the one that works. From castle sol boss

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Veteran's+Set

Edit: yep looks like it’s the best weight ratio in the game. People in the comments are crying to nerf it due to pvp lol I only use it when I’m in a fight that needs poise, it’s too ugly for me to care about the stats. I hate the helmet and huge cloak. Legs and gloves are fine though!
I'm wearing my Depraved Perfumer set. I love it too much.