Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Goonsquad Officer
i'm coming in late but i use keyboard and mouse. you just...map it like any mmo or fps game ever. R drinks your bottle.E activates shit or 'hold E to access other item menu'. q targets shit. right click to hold up shield. left click to swing. thumb mouse button to heavy swing, other thumb mouse button for special attack. space jumps.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Hopefully this category is dead now lol
Finally watched that and I doubt it. He spent probably four minutes try to get the zips to trigger. Guessing he’ll keep going til sub 5 minutes.

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
got platinum on the game, had to do a second go around because I missed a weapon in Lindell and had to get two of the endings. Now I can wait till DLC comes out for it eventually.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So in ng+ I'm playing with casting, and I'm not entirely clear on what you need in order to cast once you meet the stats requirements for certain spells.

Some use staff
Some use the ring thing

What's the logic?

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
So in ng+ I'm playing with casting, and I'm not entirely clear on what you need in order to cast once you meet the stats requirements for certain spells.

Some use staff
Some use the ring thing

What's the logic?
For sorceries you use a staff
For Incantations you use a sacred seal

Think there are a few staves/seals that allow you to cast both.

Last edited:

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
For sorceries you use a staff
For Incantations you use a sacred seal

Think there are a few staves/seals that allow you to cast both
There is a Seal that scales with Intel as well as Faith but I am not aware of any item that lets you cast both Incantations and Sorceries.

There are some items, such as the Lapus Lazuli Sword, that let you cast a (short range) version of Glintstone Pebble, the lore reasoning being that the sword used to be a Glintstone staff before being shaped into a sword by its user in the Carrian Manor.

Normal provisos and caveats about the limits of knowledge etc.; It would save me a fair amount of switching under duress if such a thing existed.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There is also a staff that scales with both. Could make for an interesting NG+ build that also pumps Mind to increase FP and wields both a staff and a seal.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
it's actually a simpler system than the dark souls games because pyro spells are now incantations. pretty sure that if you have an item that buffs a specific subcategory of sorceries or incantations, you can offhand it for the bonus if you have a mainhand item that has higher scaling

Khane

Meaning dual wielding seals or staves to double dip bonuses? Does that work? I thought the system was such that you arent technically casting the Incantation, your seal is. Which is why if you swap a seal from your offhand to your main hand you have to use R1 instead of L1.

Which is basically how things like bleed and frostbite work as well right? You dont get the bleed buildup from both just swinging your main hand I thought? You have to power stance and attack with both.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Probably would need to test it because some things do work with your offhand, even if two handing something else. Like the heal from blasphemous blade. Even if you’re two handing something else, if BB is on your back you get the heal from killing mobs.

Bleed buildup and frost, you actually have to hit something with the weapon to get it, it can’t be on your back, and you can’t get the offhand bonus unless you do the double swing and hit with the offhand too.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I'll give an example that I know from my own experience works - the meteor staff gives a passive bonus to the rock spells; it also is not upgradeable. So if I mainhand a maxed out staff with higher scaling and offhand the meteor staff, I still get the bonus applied to rock spells cast with the other staff. I know this works with the staff that boosts "hidden" spells on the night comet sorcery as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'll give an example that I know from my own experience works - the meteor staff gives a passive bonus to the rock spells; it also is not upgradeable. So if I mainhand a maxed out staff with higher scaling and offhand the meteor staff, I still get the bonus applied to rock spells cast with the other staff. I know this works with the staff that boosts "hidden" spells on the night comet sorcery as well.
I read the “boosts X magic” stuff is basically shit compared to any actual scaling. Is it? Curious how much those boost. I’ve had casting built in to my characters but haven’t made an actual caster yet. I’ve only actually used like five spells.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
meteorite staff is +30% to "gravity sorceries"

staff of loss is +30% to "invisibility sorceries"

not bored enough to do the others right now :p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

There are staves for basically every sorcery school. What Pemulos is talking about is main handing Lusats staff, which boosts all sorceries AND has the best sorcery scaling and off handing Meteorite staff, but using R1 to cast rock sling instead of L1

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Meaning dual wielding seals or staves to double dip bonuses? Does that work? I thought the system was such that you arent technically casting the Incantation, your seal is. Which is why if you swap a seal from your offhand to your main hand you have to use R1 instead of L1.

Which is basically how things like bleed and frostbite work as well right? You dont get the bleed buildup from both just swinging your main hand I thought? You have to power stance and attack with both.

I've been rippin frenzied bursts using the golden order seal, and frenzied seal offhand at 66/67 int/fth.

Swap on giant one for giantsflame take thee.

I used gelnir lava staff offhand and casted rykar's rancors on placidusax (flame tear/fp cost removal).

Greatly enjoyed my walk on the fire side.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You get the raw scaling bonus of whichever staff you use to cast the spell. Both staves passives apply unless they are identical. It can be powerful in certain combinations, but requires a very specific and specialized build.

• 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
well no wonder this thing wrecks

jdc65be0fxs81.jpg
75000 Kilojoules is enough to power a 100W incandescent bulb for 8.68 days. She really, really hates the patriarchy.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
When using the bow in offhand I dont really know how to switch back to swinging the katana after firing some atrows. I usually end up switching the bow to the shield so I can melee again. Is it just me doing it wrong?
On my duel sense it is triangle r1 like you would to double hand, but it is usually faster to swap to a shield or offhand weapon, have you tried power stance with two katana?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Waiting to see how the inevitable "All Bosses" run pans out cause at least that will be entertaining instead of watching someone glitch and break the game and not even really....at least to my personal belief...actually beat the game.

Yeah.

One of these days I expect a 3 minute "speedrun" when someone figures out how to fall through the floor in the newbie area and land in the final boss room. Maybe later we'll get a 1 minute "speedrun" when someone glitches the title screen into jumping to the end credits.

FFS.

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The merchant set is my favorite “poofy robe” type armor. Perfumers pretty nice looking too.

For a female character I went with that hot dress from the bedroom in the capitol. Nothing else even gets close in the looks department from what I've seen, but it isn't the best defensive equipment. Especially since she doesn't wear anything else. That outfit plus dual-wielding katanas looks completely sick:

20220307_102919.jpg

20220307_102925.jpg

20220307_102933.jpg

Anyone know what bracers she's wearing in these shots? They go well with the dress, and equipping literally anything else would be a substantial stat buff.