Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
any tips on the gargoyles’ special axe whirlwind of red death? I also keep fucking up the charge then dive. The dive hesitation fucks with me but I feel he tracks me with the dive if I try to just all together roll out
He jumps in the air before the whirlwind which gives you enough time to outrange the rest of the attack. If you're not fast enough you might have to dodge the downward slash at the end.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
He jumps in the air before the whirlwind which gives you enough time to outrange the rest of the attack. If you're not fast enough you might have to dodge the downward slash at the end.
Yeah, run from air swirly shit when he has his poleblade out.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think I’m thinking he’s about to do that dive axe swing that’s basically free hits for me.

Yeah. Probably time to upgrade my wep. I was holding off as I figured out what I wanted to do, and I hadn’t hit any major roadblocks until now.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I think I’m thinking he’s about to do that dive axe swing that’s basically free hits for me.

Yeah. Probably time to upgrade my wep. I was holding off as I figured out what I wanted to do, and I hadn’t hit any major roadblocks until now.
The only thing you want to hold off on is using the final upgrade stones on what you really want. You can get stones 1-9 on an unlimited basis eventually.

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
God I fucking suck at this game. I just spent like an hour and a half on the east caelid putrid tree boss. I’m level 99 too with a plus 5 somber wep. Even used some fire grease and shit.

I don’t get it. I one shot Margit at lvl 30ish? One shot godrick. A couple levels later. And I’m getting fucking creamed now by shit like that and the faggot gargoyle outside giant homeless dog man’s house. Tree died finally. I thought this area was about Lvl 40ish content and a plus 3 wep.

any tips on the gargoyles’ special axe whirlwind of red death? I also keep fucking up the charge then dive. The dive hesitation fucks with me but I feel he tracks me with the dive if I try to just all together roll out

also took me like 10 attempts to figure out rotten tree scarlet rot didn’t fully AE. Scarlet rot is some fucking bullshit motherfucking ass gas. Fucking game.

if you are talking about the gargoyle in caelid outside elden beast, i bookmarked his location on the map and came back at level 100ish. still took me a couple tries but i'm a casual. used the spear knight to tank him. fought him close to the building/door to fuck with his attacks

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God I fucking suck at this game. I just spent like an hour and a half on the east caelid putrid tree boss. I’m level 99 too with a plus 5 somber wep. Even used some fire grease and shit.

I don’t get it. I one shot Margit at lvl 30ish? One shot godrick. A couple levels later. And I’m getting fucking creamed now by shit like that and the faggot gargoyle outside giant homeless dog man’s house. Tree died finally. I thought this area was about Lvl 40ish content and a plus 3 wep.

also took me like 10 attempts to figure out rotten tree scarlet rot didn’t fully AE. Scarlet rot is some fucking bullshit motherfucking ass gas. Fucking game.
lol I feel the same way. I bought this day 1 but just started playing 3 weeks ago or so. I was around the same level for Margit, killed him pretty easily, same with Godrick although he took me about an hour of tries. I definitely need to git gud but am level 45 or so and bashing my head against the wall facing Royal Knight Loretta. Probably just go grind more I guess, or got too comfortable with my approach to bosses and she is really throwing me for a loop with her mix of magic and charging at me on her fucking horse.

Wasted a few levels getting STR to 18 for a weapon I thought I wanted to use but it kind of sucks, so whatever. But good to know that early smithing stones are in near unlimited supply... now I can not feel bad about hoarding them and just upgrade some of my weapons.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
lol I feel the same way. I bought this day 1 but just started playing 3 weeks ago or so. I was around the same level for Margit, killed him pretty easily, same with Godrick although he took me about an hour of tries. I definitely need to git gud but am level 45 or so and bashing my head against the wall facing Royal Knight Loretta. Probably just go grind more I guess, or got too comfortable with my approach to bosses and she is really throwing me for a loop with her mix of magic and charging at me on her fucking horse.

Wasted a few levels getting STR to 18 for a weapon I thought I wanted to use but it kind of sucks, so whatever. But good to know that early smithing stones are in near unlimited supply... now I can not feel bad about hoarding them and just upgrade some of my weapons.
45 is really low for Haligtree, wth lol

Oh nvm, that’s the Carian version. Never mind, carry on thinking you suck.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So I bought this game late on Saturday and started a Bandit. I have never played a Souls game, I have played about an hour of Nioh.

I would die to anything and everything which continued on Sunday until I stumbled upon a second dagger that I somehow cheesed by a NPC showing up to help me. That dagger was a huge power spike and made killing some things a lot easier, but I was still getting my shit pushed in. I managed to kill some mini bosses and trolls and stone giant guys. I went to bed Sunday thinking to myself holy fuck these Souls Games are no joke, my gamer skills have fallen off a cliff and I need to "Git Gud." For reference the best I could do to the Tree Sentinel was get him to ~70% health.

On Monday I had hours of windshield time so I loaded up some youtube videos to listen to about Elden Ring, according to the videos I apparently started one of the hardest builds in the game especially for a new player with no Souls experience. So last night I started a Vagabond, and destroyed the Tree Sentinel one hour in on my 5th attempt. Within 3 hours I was further along than I was in 9 hours of play on my Bandit. Not that I think I am any good, I am just happy to know I am not as bad as I thought. Goal now is to play through with a Strength Build and learn the game, my second play through will likely be me going back to the dual daggers to see if I can hack it.

About a dozen hours of gameplay and I am 100% hooked on Souls Games, mad at myself for not trying them sooner. All Souls Like Games have been added to my Wishlist and Mortal Shell is 50% off right now on Steam so I will likely pick that up. I am no rush to beat Elden, but I am so excited to play all the games that just got added to my Wishlist.

EDIT: Sekiro is 50% off too

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Getting Tree Sentinel down at the beginning is quite the accomplishment.

Vagabond is an excellent choice for a new player.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, I struggle more with clearing trash than most bosses. And then my big problems are delayed big swings. They fuck with my reaction and I roll a split second. Only three bosses I struggled on were tree sentinel, the rot tree guy until I realized I could roll around his breath, and now now this gargoyle fucker.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife and I made some more progress, wrapping up Fia's questline and nailing some random shit in rot continent we missed. Gankers still come out in droves, but thanks to me twinking myself with Rivers of Blood and the wife's sorc hitting 70 int and having MLGS, we win far more than we lose to gankers now. I try not to use RoB in general play, but the moment we get invaded, it comes out. I see your Rivers of Blood and raise you the fucking moon, you griefing asshole......

Wife went from hating the undergound areas to liking them the best so far. We are about to start in on Gelnir and the Capitol surrounding areas, which I have been looking forward to.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Most of us probably know most of this video, but may be helpful for newer people. Also talks about ways to speed up incantation casting by comboing the casts into certain attacks which I didn’t know. Haven’t played a caster too far yet but that is the class I’m playing through with now so it’s interesting, may try some of it. Didn’t know the night spells avoided input reads either, that’ll be useful for sure.

• 1Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
1651634361974.jpeg

• 9Worf
  • 2Rustled
  • 2Like
Reactions: 12 users