Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Started my RL1 playthrough today....spent like 2 hours getting smithing stones to upgrade my broad sword (I think?) To level 3, downed Margit after like 20+ attempts. He was way harder when I could die to two hits, but still not terrible.

What are some must have talismans for the early game aside from the soreseal? Just opened up my 2nd slot and only killed like 2 or 3 mini bosses along with the Tree Sentinel.

(Troll boss in the limgrave tunnel dungeon and I forget which other one).

I have a feeling this run is gonna be way longer than my 160+ hour main playthrough, but it's nice not to worry about Runes since all I need em for is upgrades.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So when you move to New game Plus, do you have to get all of the vendor Bell bearings again, or does any of that stuff carry over.

I'm assuming it doesn't.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
So when you move to New game Plus, do you have to get all of the vendor Bell bearings again, or does any of that stuff carry over.

I'm assuming it doesn't.
bell bearings do not carry over. any stones you already have will

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I think I'm finally at the end of the game, so I've been mopping up the handful of bosses that I left living. The only one remaining is Dragon Lord Placidufux. What am I missing with this asshole? When he goes into teleport mode, the fight turns into total bullshit. I can't get more than 1 or 2 wimpy hits in before he poofs across the arena, does his best to one shot me as he crashes back down, and this tedium repeats until I die. Also, eye lasers. As a 2 handed melee, is there an item or something I should be using that makes this not nonsense?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think I'm finally at the end of the game, so I've been mopping up the handful of bosses that I left living. The only one remaining is Dragon Lord Placidufux. What am I missing with this asshole? When he goes into teleport mode, the fight turns into total bullshit. I can't get more than 1 or 2 wimpy hits in before he poofs across the arena, does his best to one shot me as he crashes back down, and this tedium repeats until I die. Also, eye lasers. As a 2 handed melee, is there an item or something I should be using that makes this not nonsense?

Do you mean 2 handed melee as in powerstancing 2 colossal hammers like a Chad?

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Clearly sub-Chadding it with Blasphemous Blade.

I tried again last night and somehow ninja-warrior'd my way through through all of the fire, lighting, tactical nukes, and fucking laser beams and chopped him down to one or two hits to go with plenty of health flasks left. He was getting ready to throw out his fire breath, so I was all...cool, imma just roll out the way and run back in and fuck him in the dragon ass, but nope. He had slightly shifted over and somehow I was stuck under his belly so couldn't walk, run, or roll.

Flames. Scream. Dead. FUCK.

This is one of the few fights where the mimic dies well before me. Even if I wait until the second phase to drop him out, he walks right into every attack and just gets vaporized in like a minute. Maybe it's time to try another weapon? I've got a healthy collection of +10 stones.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I tried again last night and somehow ninja-warrior'd my way through through all of the fire, lighting, tactical nukes, and fucking laser beams and chopped him down to one or two hits to go with plenty of health flasks left. He was getting ready to throw out his fire breath, so I was all...cool, imma just roll out the way and run back in and fuck him him the dragon ass, but nope. He had slightly shifted over and somehow I was stuck under his belly so couldn't walk, run, or roll.

This is one of the few fights where the mimic dies well before me. Even if I wait until the second phase to drop him out, he walks right into every attack and just gets vaporized in like a minute.

If mimic is dying to soon, try dragon knight kristoff. Doesn't do as much damage but much tankier

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Problem Solved
1652106479999.png

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its sad that we had to resort to twinking our own characters a bit, but its solved the ganking issue for the most part. Its still annoying in some areas. The wife and I were cooping the Gelnir Mountain area, doing the big run to the star beast. Same asshole invaded us like four times in a row, once he was back invading in under a minute. Every weapon was something end game, of course. Thanks to Rivers or Blood and the fucking moon, we won nearly all engagements, its just draining. Some of the gankers are getting smart about using quickstep to avoid getting their shit pushed in, but a lot are just power stancing godskin peelers (or something similar) loaded up to cause multiple status ailments. It really is a shame because this game in coop mode is actually a great deal of casual fun.

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

I tried again last night and somehow ninja-warrior'd my way through through all of the fire, lighting, tactical nukes, and fucking laser beams and chopped him down to one or two hits to go with plenty of health flasks left. He was getting ready to throw out his fire breath, so I was all...cool, imma just roll out the way and run back in and fuck him him the dragon ass, but nope. He had slightly shifted over and somehow I was stuck under his belly so couldn't walk, run, or roll.

This is one of the few fights where the mimic dies well before me. Even if I wait until the second phase to drop him out, he walks right into every attack and just gets vaporized in like a minute. Maybe it's time to try another weapon? I've got a healthy collection of +10 stones.

Whenever he teleports, immediately start running towards him. When he does the move where he teleports super far away and starts unleashing the twin beams of annihilation, run straight up to him like you're John Rambo. If you're fast enough, you will dodge everything but the final close range hit which you should be able to tank (you've been leveling Vigor, right?) and then he won't use that attack anymore. There's probably a way to truly dodge that attack but I found this to be the most consistent way to get past it.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If mimic is dying to soon, try dragon knight kristoff. Doesn't do as much damage but much tankier
If your mimic is getting melted in a fight (and its not one with shit loads of ground AE), its usually a good sign that you are not packing good enough resists for that particular fight. Also for some of the ground AE spamming bosses, the bird summon (Warhawk Deeth) works surprisingly well. The Mimic Ash is really dumb about avoiding ground AE rape zones, but the birds just ignore them most of the time due to flying.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone did a "speed run" of all bosses, which means anything with a health bar at the bottom. The total count is 165. Took him 9 hours. The only thing I didn't like is he took advantage of glitching to get his weapon of choice and +10 it right away, and glitched out some bosses in the beginning. Kinda makes me want to do a legit run though, maybe even add a challenge like doing it 100% ashless

spronk

FPS noob
if you want the anime no tiddy statue the CE is back up on bandai namcos site

• 1Like