Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Godrick down with a +4 Broadsword, took a bit until I stopped trying to go for a stagger and just get 2-4 hits in each time he was vulnerable.

Still have to make the trek to Fort Faroth before even attempting Radahn, that's gonna be a boss that takes me forever. Still happy I have another melee playthrough before doing spells, if I get frustrated I may just start that one concurrently. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
If mimic is dying to soon, try dragon knight kristoff. Doesn't do as much damage but much tankier
I tried this guy and he held up a bit longer, but phase 2 just seems to annihilate all of the summons I've tried. The bird thing didn't even last a minute in phase 1, he got all up in the dragon's face and got ripped to shreds.

It's strange how I'm having so much trouble with this fight. No other boss has come close, and I'm long done all of the "hard" ones short of the elden beast. I think the slow 2-hander is fucking me a bit. I can't cancel out of the ponderous swinging animations to dodge / run so I take a lot of damage, and this fight is like 90% dodging / running.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah some bosses can just get in your head and work against your playstyle. For me, it is those fucking star beasts in the meteor craters. Those fucking things thrash me constantly and I am not sure why.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Godrick down with a +4 Broadsword, took a bit until I stopped trying to go for a stagger and just get 2-4 hits in each time he was vulnerable.

Still have to make the trek to Fort Faroth before even attempting Radahn, that's gonna be a boss that takes me forever. Still happy I have another melee playthrough before doing spells, if I get frustrated I may just start that one concurrently. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Radahn is easy to beat, if you don't care about gimping yourself for Epeen points. Summon pals, sit back and res them as they get killed and wait til Radahn leaps in the air for his metor move. Once he is airborne, get to the edge of the arena near the ocean death drop. He will rocket in from the sky, land in the ocean, and promptly croak without even going to phase 2. You can actually do that without so much as laying a glove on him, but if you need to rot breath is your friend.

• 1Pathetic

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Radahn is easy to beat, if you don't care about gimping yourself for Epeen points. Summon pals, sit back and res them as they get killed and wait til Radahn leaps in the air for his metor move. Once he is airborne, get to the edge of the arena near the ocean death drop. He will rocket in from the sky, land in the ocean, and promptly croak without even going to phase 2. You can actually do that without so much as laying a glove on him, but if you need to rot breath is your friend.

There's an easier way to cheese him. There's a wall you can run up and he will attempt to follow you up. He'll then eventually fall and take full damage and die.

• 1Pathetic

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm on my NG+ run now. Trying to use Spirit Ash / Summons as little as possible this time around.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's an easier way to cheese him. There's a wall you can run up and he will attempt to follow you up. He'll then eventually fall and take full damage and die.
I think I read they nerfed doing that to him and the fire giant but not 100%

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tried this guy and he held up a bit longer, but phase 2 just seems to annihilate all of the summons I've tried. The bird thing didn't even last a minute in phase 1, he got all up in the dragon's face and got ripped to shreds.

It's strange how I'm having so much trouble with this fight. No other boss has come close, and I'm long done all of the "hard" ones short of the elden beast. I think the slow 2-hander is fucking me a bit. I can't cancel out of the ponderous swinging animations to dodge / run so I take a lot of damage, and this fight is like 90% dodging / running.
imo he is the hardest boss in the game. everytime I beat him I felt like I got lucky and it always took multiple attempts

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I tried that the decided to just go at him. Dual katana blead build, no rivers just dual uchi and he didn't even get to jump and do phase 2 dies before he got the chance.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
imo he is the hardest boss in the game. everytime I beat him I felt like I got lucky and it always took multiple attempts

For me, dragon type enemies have always been the easier of the Elden Ring bosses. I one shot Fortissax the first play through and only took a couple runs for Plucidisax.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Still not even sure what my RL1 build will be, kinda neat there's ways to boost your stats enough to wield a good amount of weapons, thinking I'll go bleed / dex but not 100%.

This week I want to get the first few bell bearings so I can decide what weapons to go with. Dual wielding looks fun!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Still not even sure what my RL1 build will be, kinda neat there's ways to boost your stats enough to wield a good amount of weapons, thinking I'll go bleed / dex but not 100%.

This week I want to get the first few bell bearings so I can decide what weapons to go with. Dual wielding looks fun!
Dual wielding great swords is what I eventually ran with on my main character. The move set was fun. I wasn’t even really specced well for it cause I was switching between using a faith sword, int sword, and str sword. If I planned ahead and paired the right weapons with the right ashes of war I would’ve been better off. I was doing a bleed sword and a frostbite sword so when they’d both go off it was huge chunks of life gone. Then swap to the blasphemous blade when I was struggling with hp.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Dual wielding great swords is what I eventually ran with on my main character. The move set was fun. I wasn’t even really specced well for it cause I was switching between using a faith sword, int sword, and str sword. If I planned ahead and paired the right weapons with the right ashes of war I would’ve been better off. I was doing a bleed sword and a frostbite sword so when they’d both go off it was huge chunks of life gone. Then swap to the blasphemous blade when I was struggling with hp.

Yeah the bleed and frost combo looks pretty brutal damage-wise, could definitely use all the help I can get for this, I've never conpleted a level 1 playthrough before, started a couple but always gave up at some point.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the bleed and frost combo looks pretty brutal damage-wise, could definitely use all the help I can get for this, I've never conpleted a level 1 playthrough before, started a couple but always gave up at some point.
I wouldn’t do level 1 past the initial play through personally. If you already know what build you’re shooting for there’s no point in starting as a level 1 imo. The initial playthrough though, it’s great. Finding shit along the way, no idea what you want to spec into, etc.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Why on Earth would you go from PS5 -> PS4?

So I can get two platinums for it. I did the same thing with Dark Souls 2, 100%'d SOTFS and then decided to go back and plat the regular version too. I don't do this kind of thing with anything except Fromsoft games and it's a new phenomenon. Really it's just Souls 2 and ER.

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
On a forum full of nerds with too much time on their hands, you have entirely too much time on your hands! :)

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn’t do level 1 past the initial play through personally. If you already know what build you’re shooting for there’s no point in starting as a level 1 imo. The initial playthrough though, it’s great. Finding shit along the way, no idea what you want to spec into, etc.
Oh the goal is to beat the game at level 1, only passed Godrick currently so we shall see how it goes. Fire Giant and beyond are gonna suuuuuuck.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
So I can get two platinums for it. I did the same thing with Dark Souls 2, 100%'d SOTFS and then decided to go back and plat the regular version too. I don't do this kind of thing with anything except Fromsoft games and it's a new phenomenon. Really it's just Souls 2 and ER.
This is like saying you just fucked 1992 Pamela Anderson but instead of going back for seconds you're gonna fuck 2022 Pamela Anderson.

• 6Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 8 users