Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Defeated Rellana, good fight. Think I explored most of the world, looks like I only have two map areas left to uncover on the overworld (both are at much lower elevation points so I'm not sure how to get down to them).

Got to Hippo, Bayle, and the big cat costume guy, and got completely annihilated by all of them. Hippo is the only one I was able to do real damage to, and got it down around 40% several times, so I think it's possible. The bosses really are overtuned. Bayle is so aggressive that I can't even get out of the doorway or get set up for the fight before he's leaping across the battlefield and killing me in two hits.

Jagged Peak was a really cool area to say the least, and there's nothing else like it in the Fromsoft canon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blueweed

Golden Baronet of the Realm
int caster, got through Rellana with ice mist, ice bolt, as much heavy armor possible. 1 pug and 1 npc.
using lots of haima's hammer and aoe lobbing spells for everything else

logged out at some red veiny looking giant bear on roids. will face him tomorrow

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Really recommend finishing enough of the base game to have all your bell bearings for smithing stones

I had to bail and go back to finish farum azula just so i can upgrade all the new stuff I find

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Miyazaki has said they intended the DLC to be "at the limits of what the player can withstand".

Pretty sure the difficulty is intentional.

There's this, and then people seem to ignore the fact that there are tons of these Scadutree fragments scattered all over the shadow lands. Yeah go figure, the tough DLC bosses are too hard when you haven't yet gotten your 30%+ damage and defense buffs.

Nothing I've encountered thus far seems out of whack challenge wise, but I'm exploring everything and scouring for Scadutree/Sacred Ash. I'm at Scadu 4 Sacred 5 and haven't yet crossed the bridge into the next main area. But I've killed 4 bosses and none seemed ridiculous.

-edit- someone was saying their Scadu blessing didn't seem to offer much defense beyond the first. That isn't my experience, each one has been giving roughly 5% to physical defense values per level and 10% to elemental defense values per level. Not sure what the actual formula or increase is, but I've gone from 38.x to 48.754 physical, and 25.x to 37.793 holy (this is my lowest elemental) from L0 to L5 Scadutree Blessing.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Wow, that's a lot of jars.

If someone like Carbot doesn't do a short invoking the end scene of Raiders of the Lost Ark but the enormous warehouse is full of Jars, I'll be disappointed.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Belurat Gaol:

Holy fucking shit, anyone tried the Demi Human Swordsman Yosh spirit ash? That guy was more ridiculous than Yoda in Ep2, he seems like he'd be fun.

Shmoopy

Dusting off my level 300 dude. What's the most easy mode spec possible?

I was that blood katana build build when I finished the game.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Pretty great stuff. I think my only minor complaint is that every single enemy has an 8 hit wombo combo. If I had my way that shit would be used a bit more sparingly.

Also I'm loving this use of z-axis, these super genius world/level designers have knocked it out of the park yet again. In visually exploring all of the cliffs, I found a lower water area and could see a lobster sitting happily down there. Had a strong emotional reaction, I'll leave it up to you to decide whether it was positive or negative.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pretty great stuff. I think my only minor complaint is that every single enemy has an 8 hit wombo combo. If I had my way that shit would be used a bit more sparingly.

Also I'm loving this use of z-axis, these super genius world/level designers have knocked it out of the park yet again. In visually exploring all of the cliffs, I found a lower water area and could see a lobster sitting happily down there. Had a strong emotional reaction, I'll leave it up to you to decide whether it was positive or negative.
Yeah the verticality is to an insane level. I got the kungfu buddist palm gloves... my god...
kung fu GIF

The strong attacks stagger is nuts, like Lions Claw levels of strong.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Defeated Rellana, good fight. Think I explored most of the world, looks like I only have two map areas left to uncover on the overworld (both are at much lower elevation points so I'm not sure how to get down to them).

Got to Hippo, Bayle, and the big cat costume guy, and got completely annihilated by all of them. Hippo is the only one I was able to do real damage to, and got it down around 40% several times, so I think it's possible. The bosses really are overtuned. Bayle is so aggressive that I can't even get out of the doorway or get set up for the fight before he's leaping across the battlefield and killing me in two hits.

Jagged Peak was a really cool area to say the least, and there's nothing else like it in the Fromsoft canon.
Rellana only did it once in the three times I fought em but that double moon blast aoe ground pound juggle had me rolling…

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
The wife asked me why I am laughing / cussing so much at the computer. I had to break my unga-bunga dual 2h smasher out due to the new toon being too low level and I don't remember what his build items do anymore. Between knocking the rust off the old toon/me and repeatedly just getting the SHIT stomped out of me I'm switching back to my new toon and going through the main game (again). It's not like the base game isn't awesome. Do the new items work in the base game?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hardly had the opportunity to play this so far but managed a couple of hours yesterday. Probably went the entirely wrong direction but wandered in to the castle and fought the Dancing Lion. Interesting fight, died three times before beating it.

I’d like to try it again and see if using elemental attacks that oppose his current phase hit him harder but I strong-armed it with ADR and Explosive Ghostflame.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck Mesmer phase 2 as a caster. That is all.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Sounds like a speed run to Mohg wont quite make the DLC playable? Guess I'll plan some replay at a later date when I got time to collect most stuff and get some levels and gear.

Wish I could revert the NG+ choice.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There's this, and then people seem to ignore the fact that there are tons of these Scadutree fragments scattered all over the shadow lands. Yeah go figure, the tough DLC bosses are too hard when you haven't yet gotten your 30%+ damage and defense buffs.

Nothing I've encountered thus far seems out of whack challenge wise, but I'm exploring everything and scouring for Scadutree/Sacred Ash. I'm at Scadu 4 Sacred 5 and haven't yet crossed the bridge into the next main area. But I've killed 4 bosses and none seemed ridiculous.

-edit- someone was saying their Scadu blessing didn't seem to offer much defense beyond the first. That isn't my experience, each one has been giving roughly 5% to physical defense values per level and 10% to elemental defense values per level. Not sure what the actual formula or increase is, but I've gone from 38.x to 48.754 physical, and 25.x to 37.793 holy (this is my lowest elemental) from L0 to L5 Scadutree Blessing.

I'm at Scadu 6, Sacred 3. Still getting my ass whooped. Probably because NG+3.

1903fbed17649-screenshotUrl.jpg

Anyone know offhand how to get to the two lower zones that are still obscured? I've run all around the edges and not found a way down to either, so I'm guessing it involves a teleport somewhere, or maybe a wellspring to launch from.

Rellana only did it once in the three times I fought em but that double moon blast aoe ground pound juggle had me rolling…

Double moon blast was a OHKO for me, had to perfectly roll through the first wave to survive. Every loss was to that move.

Side note: I really like the music in Belurat, kind of sounds like Gregorian chanting. Vaguely similar to the Eyes Wide Shut ritual scene.

Last edited:

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
elden.jpg

Edit: probably moving slower than most, taking my time. Finally beat that first (that I found) cut scene boss. This is so fun. Playing Elden Ring (base game) is good, but exploring around new content really puts perspective on how much this game shits on other open world games. It's like other games are on a separate tier list with Elden Ring in a tier of its own.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blueweed

those ghast that roams around, there are some which are holding jars on their head. kill those and gain great loot!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I'm at Scadu 6, Sacred 3. Still getting my ass whooped. Probably because NG+3.

Anyone know offhand how to get to the two lower zones that are still obscured? I've run all around the edges and not found a way down to either, so I'm guessing it involves a teleport somewhere, or maybe a wellspring to launch from.

Double moon blast was a OHKO for me, had to perfectly roll through the first wave to survive. Every loss was to that move.

Side note: I really like the music in Belurat, kind of sounds like Gregorian chanting. Vaguely similar to the Eyes Wide Shut ritual scene.
See the blue area at the bottom go there that straight north up the middle.
map.JPG

Can also jump down the circled area and then go west. I am 7/7 and only slightly more map so you missed a bunch of stuff.
map2.JPG

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users