Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Disagree, he is a predictable PvP type match up. Just know he gonna poise through most things, freeze pots, whiff punish, parry, jump attacks all valid. Rot and poison probably work but haven’t tried.
I using dual sleep swords and it only got him once.
Well, I suck at PvP! Finding the invader type mobs much MUCH more annoying than the mainline bosses. That fuckstick on the stairs before the fire/ice bitch was killing my ass for a solid hour. Dryleaf Dan too. The main boss got pwnt on second try... Think a bit of it is build and bit of it is I just am not great at the humanoid/PVP type mobs.

This expansion is fucking phenomenal. I'm loving it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah that one, staggered three times from jumping off horse head attacks before dying. Can easily jump over its ground smash AOE.
Went back with Ranni's Dark Moon and Wing of Astel and it was super easy. Couldn't tell if it was immune to the frostbite proc or not.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
What do Scadutree Blessing and Reversed Spirit Ash Blessing do, respectively? The game never actually says what the difference is between them, and all you have to go by are the higher numbers on the status screen. At Scadu 3 and Revered 2, my attack power went from about 745 to 850. Not sure which did what.

Found an Ailment Talisman that boosts resistance to the last ailment that hit you. I'm gonna call it the Borg Talisman.

Not sure what you mean, the game literally tells you exactly what they do immediately when you get your first upgrade item for either one, and then again when you go into the grace site menu to use them to upgrade.

Scadutree is buffs to your personal defense and attack, Revered is buffs to Torrent and Spirit Ash defense and attack.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You need to be doing L1 jump attacks to get the multihits so that the whole thing works. Also, are you wearing Raptor's Black Feathers and White Mask ? For talismans, Claw, Rotten Wing, and Exultation are locked in. Ritual Sword is supposed to be the last one, but unless you've achieved Quoppp levels of gud-gitting it's probably not much use against bosses. Since you're on NG+3, you can use Millicent's Prosthesis (assuming you did her quest both ways on different playthroughs) and it will stack with Rotten Wing.

Don't have Rotten Wing, just regular Winged Talisman. Don't have RBF or WM either. I can make a list and get all that stuff on my up-and-coming file, since I'll be tabling the one I'm on sooner than later anyway.

Am I understanding right that Seppuku = attack power buff, and with Lord of Blood's Exhultation equipped, Seppuku also triggers that attack buff due to the blood loss, giving you a double attack buff from Sepp/LBE?

And yeah, people were right, nothing so far has given me as much grief as that first boss in the mausoleum who kicked my ass did.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure what you mean, the game literally tells you exactly what they do immediately when you get your first upgrade item for either one, and then again when you go into the grace site menu to use them to upgrade.
Why you trying to read those words? You some kind of fag?

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Why you trying to read those words? You some kind of fag?

He got gud at reading fgt!

icegif-914.gif

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
FML

Kill Mogh. No NPC.

Thought it was downloaded, but only got prepatch.

Then I realise I've been playing the PS4 version all along.

Downloading a bunch of stuff now, luckily got new internet recently.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Scadutree is buffs to your personal defense and attack, Revered is buffs to Torrent and Spirit Ash defense and attack.

It doesn't tell me what they do on the site of grace menu. It says they "empower blessing" but I don't know what that means.

It might have said what they do immediately when I got them and I scrolled through too fast out of excitement to start the DLC, that's certainly possible.

I'm noticing that bosses in the DLC like to have Spirit Ashes disabled for the fight, so no Mimic Tear. Seems to be indoor bosses that do this, not outdoor ones.

Kaige

<WoW Guild Officer>
<WoW Guild Officer>
Just killed the ghostflame dragon south of the Cerulean Coast grace site and it also drops a Somber dragon stone.

Needless

Toe Sucker
View attachment 533649

It is on Xbox (NZ). So far it's pretty much just more of the same kind of stuff you see in the base game, which is fine in a "If it ain't broke..." kind of way. Unfortunately I didn't get anything done during the past few days of heatwave here, so a few hours in the morning are all I'm going to get until pretty much the actual launch time.
ohhh derp i didnt think to check the actual weapon art lol

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Level 150, going around with candlestick and beast great hammer fucking shit up. Only thing that gave me trouble so far was gaol knight but his patterns are super easy; he just hits really hard

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Rellana Took the most tries for me to get down out of what I faced so far. My friend rage quit over the hippo. Scaling for some of the bosses is way off when you co op particularly If your build is sent it around a status effect. Glad I am essentially a death mage build because i've had to switch Incantations in for a couple of the boss fights now. You can still clear all trash just fine with basic sorcerer tactics, But Casters are pretty much got screwed everywhere unless you are big on lightning centric. Dark moon, great sword is still the best PvE weapon but unless you're heavily relying on the stagger of the shot. They didn't really even need to nerve the comet.I'm it, and that's one because every single boss for the most part is hyperaggressive and shitting out massive ranged ae.

So far my opinion is that the level design is superb and the art design is incredible. But the bosses are definitely overturned especially if you are trying to Play with someone in co op. It's the usual from software DLC stuff where they completely hamstring some resistances and everything is way more hyperaggressive and melee unfriendly. And as stated the shards are the real progression. Poop man is really the only summon worth using.Because none of the other ones can survive long enough to matter. Don't summon or join randoms, because you don't know how many shards they have. So you could end up in a situation where even basic fights are completely unwinable In multi player. Get poop man, Get good, and strongly Consider working The death dagger weapon art along with malekeths spell or sword into your build. The things are way easier. With the way every single enemy has a ton of hip points things that dot based on percentage are really powerful. And it seems like almost nothing is immune to scarlet rot. Many of the early bosses are also standing in water, so Lightning spear and ancient dragon Lightning Storm are very powerful spells in those fights.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Levels feel much more like a mainline Souls game, and I think it's fantastic. Downed a ton of shit today, was hoping Rellana's LGS would be better than it is, but it's a touch awkward to use. I really don't want to play the entire xpac with Granpwn, but none of the weapons so far seem near as good. (Great Uchi might be, need to play more with it).

Rude

Potato del Grande
I'm joining the rest of the world in playing the DLC. I haven't touched the game in ages, but my main was a hybrid caster / damage type. Dual wielding Azure Glintstone Staff and Moonveil. Is magic shit now? Should I go full melee damage?

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm joining the rest of the world in playing the DLC. I haven't touched the game in ages, but my main was a hybrid caster / damage type. Dual wielding Azure Glintstone Staff and Moonveil. Is magic shit now? Should I go full melee damage?
Magic is and likely always will be EZ mode. There are a lot of bait spells and some awkwardness with it early on, but by mid-game it's definitely the boomer friendly spec. Shit like Loretta's Longbow and Ancient Death Rancor are just dumb.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Gravesite Plain and the two legacy dungeons there are pretty easy?

Got to the third dungeon and the fucking hippo. Fuck. That. Explored around and found the coast and ruin zones. Side dungeons seem impossibly long or short with extremely hard bosses. Not really sure how to progress.

Getting Berzerk vibes around these Miquella beckoned knights, I hope Leda isn't brutally raped by some sort of ascended demon Miquella.