Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What do Scadutree Blessing and Reversed Spirit Ash Blessing do, respectively? The game never actually says what the difference is between them, and all you have to go by are the higher numbers on the status screen. At Scadu 3 and Revered 2, my attack power went from about 745 to 850. Not sure which did what.

Found an Ailment Talisman that boosts resistance to the last ailment that hit you. I'm gonna call it the Borg Talisman.
Scadutree buffs your dmg, while Revered buffs your horse and your summons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
DLC has managed to piss me off already. Had a lot of fun exploring and finding Scadutree upgrades / grace points. First boss I try to fight, the Gaol Knight guy or whatever... first of all he's literally Guts from Berserk, right down to the autocrossbow. I mean they're just fully on the nose with Berserk references at this point.

Well, the fact that he's Guts is the cool part. The actual fight sucks. Guy has like unlimited poise, and every time I attack he just turns around and hits right through it before I can respond. Also, this being NG+++, I die in two hits. ...to everything in the DLC, not just this guy.

Well, it'll be fun to explore the place but I can't see myself beating any bosses on this file. They finally made the game as hard as all the whiny people claimed the base game was.

Saw someone completely shred Mohg with what I think were the dual beastman's blood swords. Now I want to go get them myself.

For Talismans: Claw Talisman for jump attacks, Winged Sword Insignia for successive attacks? What about Twinblade Talisman (enhances final hit)? Lord of Blood's Exhultation is also good for using with any kind of bleed build, right? I like to leave room for Crimson Seed Talisman so Twinblade is probably getting left out.

Got the beastman swords, made them blood-element. Winged Sword Insignia is definitely doing work, but I'm not getting the jump component. None of my jump attacks seem very good even with the Claw Talisman, and I'm not getting multiple hits off of them either. Finally making use of Seppuku after ignoring it all game is pretty cool though.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bald Brah

Golden Knight of the Realm
DLC has managed to piss me off already. Had a lot of fun exploring and finding Scadutree upgrades / grace points. First boss I try to fight, the Gaol Knight guy or whatever... first of all he's literally Guts from Berserk, right down to the autocrossbow. I mean they're just fully on the nose with Berserk references at this point.

Well, the fact that he's Guts is the cool part. The actual fight sucks. Guy has like unlimited poise, and every time I attack he just turns around and hits right through it before I can respond. Also, this being NG+++, I die in two hits. ...to everything in the DLC, not just this guy.

Well, it'll be fun to explore the place but I can't see myself beating any bosses on this file. They finally made the game as hard as all the whiny people claimed the base game was.

Got the beastman swords, made them blood-element. Winged Sword Insignia is definitely doing work, but I'm not getting the jump component. None of my jump attacks seem very good even with the Claw Talisman, and I'm not getting multiple hits off of them either. Finally making use of Seppuku after ignoring it all game is pretty cool though.

Are you using the block key to double attack? It's kinda cruddy on PC. I have to remap my keyboard mouse every time I switch between powerstance and 2 handed.

Liking the DLC so far. Killed an npc invader and some knight in a temple then ran around the wicker man and now in a tomb full of giant spiders. Everything seems pretty easy so far. One shot everything pretty much with the ruins greatsword ash.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Logged in this morning to kill the roamer dude on the stairs in Belurat tower. Little did I know that just past him at the top was the big bad lion divine beast thing from the trailer.

First attempt, I dodged his opening attack like a champ and got three solid hits in with my Godskin Peeler bleed setup.

Noticed how little his health bar dropped and said "Oh fuck" right before he one shot me. Lol

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Get and use the only items that make your stronger… swear yall don’t read item pickups.

I am 3/3 barely exploring. Bosses and such feel about right for beginning of the DLC.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

He’s tougher than the first two real bosses don’t worry!

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
He’s tougher than the first two real bosses don’t worry!
Disagree, he is a predictable PvP type match up. Just know he gonna poise through most things, freeze pots, whiff punish, parry, jump attacks all valid. Rot and poison probably work but haven’t tried.
I using dual sleep swords and it only got him once.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Get and use the only items that make your stronger… swear yall don’t read item pickups.

I am 3/3 barely exploring. Bosses and such feel about right for beginning of the DLC.

Yep. I just found the Backhand Blade and gave it a whirl. Fucking loving it, especially that Blind Spot special.

I'm enjoying the exploration part. Just found Castle Ensis(?) and logged out there.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

Are you in NG3 or higher? Or did you do a fresh run?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You need to be doing L1 jump attacks to get the multihits so that the whole thing works. Also, are you wearing Raptor's Black Feathers and White Mask ? For talismans, Claw, Rotten Wing, and Exultation are locked in. Ritual Sword is supposed to be the last one, but unless you've achieved Quoppp levels of gud-gitting it's probably not much use against bosses. Since you're on NG+3, you can use Millicent's Prosthesis (assuming you did her quest both ways on different playthroughs) and it will stack with Rotten Wing.

Haven't found anything that'd be an upgrade or even particularly good at all for bleed build in the DLC yet. Not much for int either, aside from the FP regen talisman which is definitely a game-changer. Rellana's stuff was really disappointing.

Last edited:

Vorph

Anyone seen an ancient somber stone in the DLC yet? There's at least two normal ancient dragon stones not even very far in but so far nothing for somber.

NG 1. But again anything past level 60 doesn’t matter, all about those shards.
I wouldn't go that far. Scadutree is just a flat +5% to AP per rank. Rank 6 takes my DMGS from 885 to 1151 AP; without the base damage from 80 int there wouldn't be that much to work with, especially since it's just there to offset a similar increase to enemy stats/resists. The defense increase (for the player) is weird. Definitely not linear like AP, physical mitigation shot up with the first rank but barely seemed to change at all with each additional one. Non-phys only gained a very small amount period.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
NG 1. But again anything past level 60 doesn’t matter, all about those shards.

I am on a mission to find as many as I can.

Nothing matters anymore. Not my awesome build, not my level of 245, not even NG3.

What matters...

Are Scadutree Fragments.

Scadutree Fragments are life. Without them, only death.

1718979616085.png

Praise the su... Fragments.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Anyone seen an ancient somber stone in the DLC yet? There's at least two normal ancient dragon stones not even very far in but so far nothing for somber.

I wouldn't go that far. Scadutree is just a flat +5% to AP per rank. Rank 6 takes my DMGS from 885 to 1151 AP; without the base damage from 80 int there wouldn't be that much to work with, especially since it's just there to offset a similar increase to enemy stats/resists. The defense increase (for the player) is weird. Definitely not linear like AP, physical mitigation shot up with the first rank but barely seemed to change at all with each additional one. Non-phys only gained a very small amount period.
Dragon in the first lake? I think it was a somber.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Gator Gator You are so dead in this DLC. Without me you won't even beat the 1st mini boss.

With me, you may not also beat the first mini boss.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Vorph

Dragon in the first lake? I think it was a somber.
Figures. I've been ignoring the ghostflame dragons since they seem to take so little damage from magic. Guess I'll go back and try wing of astel instead of DMGS.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Figures. I've been ignoring the ghostflame dragons since they seem to take so little damage from magic. Guess I'll go back and try wing of astel instead of DMGS.
Yeah that one, staggered three times from jumping off horse head attacks before dying. Can easily jump over its ground smash AOE.