Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Chris

Potato del Grande
Found a secret remembrance boss from the cathedral questline, it's weak to bleed so one shot it. I think trying different weaknesses vs different bosses may help a lot in this DLC.

He's taken time off before. So it sounds like he is just whining this time. Dude is definitely taking the hard path realizing that being an actual adult is dealing with tons of responsibilities you wish you didn't have. But you do so you keep on trucking.

I do partially get it. Asmon was a total loser who failed at everything. He was working in the Hot Dog stand at Costco even in like 2014. The best regular person job he ever had was a seasonal tax worker at the IRS. Living with his mom the entire time and playing WOW all day. Somehow, beyond all reason he became a multimillionaire twitch streamer retard. But he literally never left mom's basement and lives there to this day. Now he owns a company, with staff and revenue who are dependent on him being "Asmongold" and streaming well consistently.

Watching him die to the Madness eyeball thing a million times was LOL. Those remind me of the things from Bloodborne. Like a combination of the madness monsters in Nightmare and the brainsuckers.
Is he quitting on Messmer?

I just did one serious try on him and got Phase 2 and 25% HP, I may regret saying this but I think I can beat Messmer and I have a full time job and haven't played any other Dark Souls games like he has.

I am a Mimic Tear chad though. Before I get judged I did beat the Gaol Knight just now and that's without summons. Also used fire resist +2 talisman and fire resist incantation.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Found a secret remembrance boss from the cathedral questline, it's weak to bleed so one shot it. I think trying different weaknesses vs different bosses may help a lot in this DLC.

Is he quitting on Messmer?

I just did one serious try on him and got Phase 2 and 25% HP, I may regret saying this but I think I can beat Messmer and I have a full time job and haven't played any other Dark Souls games like he has.

I am a Mimic Tear chad though. Before I get judged I did beat the Gaol Knight just now and that's without summons. Also used fire resist +2 talisman and fire resist incantation.
He couldn't kill Midra or Messmer or the Wicker guy. hoping I will get to play some today.

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
Whats a good build to be able to have a somewhat easy time doing the normal game? I think my first playthrough was Samurai and using the Magic Katanas or whatever it was, cant even remember.

I'm thinking of doing a magic build but it seems Bloodhound Fang might be an OP weapon early on?

Super early game run down and get the Claymore. Lions claw is a huge crutch especially against the knights and harder enemies.

Ruins greatsword str build early game. It's pretty high str requirement but you can two hand it to get it lower. Try to get enough carry capacity to put ceremonial axe on your back while you 2 hand ruins greatsword for power regen. Even if you have to run nearly naked not much can get close to you with that build. Get one of the knights leveled up for a tank spirit ash until you get mimic.

It's dmg caps a lot lower than blasphemous blade though so late game switch to a blasphemous blade faith build. I'm running 50str 50fth so can use both when I need to. Blasphemous blade also pairs extremely well with sword of milos for a great power stance build. With that setup you regen health and magic on every enemy.

Also dual wielding great stars with lions claw when I need major bonk.

Carian talisman to reduce magic consumption and great jar talisman to boost your carry capacity are nice early on. Great jar is easy to cheese if you duck behind the ledge on the cliff.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
He couldn't kill Midra or Messmer or the Wicker guy. hoping I will get to play some today.
Who the fuck is Midra lol. Actually seen a thumbnail with her in on YouTube though.

Love this DLC. Everyone seems to be somewhere different in the side content.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, at least what he does takes some sort of skill. A girl showing her tits is doing what exactly? Not that I would ever give the dude any money, and have dropped plenty of cash on girls who's name I'll never remember. But what he's doing is no different than dudes putting a ball through a hoop. And people pay to watch that bullshit.

I cleared out a couple mini dungeons, very easy stuff. Killed a bone dragon too, he's an asshole that can 1 or 2 shot you at will. I can't believe this DLC drops so much trash loot. Like why smithing stone 1 and 2 on a place you have to beat Mogh to get into? Itemization seems absolutely retarded.
My biggest complaint, and why this dlc is held back imo. Some incredible boss fights, but slogging through hours of content to find a chest with smithing stone (2) is absolutely retarded.

Three remembrance bosses left. I think this is great, but honestly prefer base game a bit more. The verticality is very cool, but you can miss so much content by not falling down a hole, etc. Had to YouTube too much shit to figure out how to access some areas.

That said, Bayle and Mesmer were incredible boss fights!

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like they broke Steam Deck online play. Get some Inappropriate access stuff. Sucks.

Edit: Seems I had a lvl 35 Mage Guy allready. Think I killed The Grafting guy last. That will help speed this along for sure.

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whats a good build to be able to have a somewhat easy time doing the normal game? I think my first playthrough was Samurai and using the Magic Katanas or whatever it was, cant even remember.

I'm thinking of doing a magic build but it seems Bloodhound Fang might be an OP weapon early on?

I find using a decent shield removes a huge element of risk when wandering around new places for the first time. Pair it with a treespear and slap on a decent Ash.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Watching some streams earlier, Kai Cenat is somehow a much better player than almost any of the other mainline streamers. Asmon finally killed Messmer after Great Shield cheese. Guard Counter works well on bosses. Might have to cheese the last boss myself, as he is so fucking aggressive and gives you no windows really.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I played a couple hours into the DLC, but I've since gone back to base game to get the rest of the seeds/tears past Lyndell since this was a fresh game. Heading back to DLC today. I keep reading it's insanely hard, but I didn't get to any major boss yet.

• 2Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don’t find it terribly hard yet and I suck at these games. Still rocking my dual bleed katanas. Have done what I think is the first boss and have been exploring ever since.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The itemization seems to suck so far. Swords, shields, heavy armour, and crappy crafting mats. Zero for a caster yet but that may come.

Exp seems off a little. I seem to be spending too much time running around with 500k runes and getting piddling amounts from kills. Find myself topping off my exp at Mohg approach still rather than risk losing chunks.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
The itemization seems to suck so far. Swords, shields, heavy armour, and crappy crafting mats. Zero for a caster yet but that may come.

Exp seems off a little. I seem to be spending too much time running around with 500k runes and getting piddling amounts from kills. Find myself topping off my exp at Mohg approach still rather than risk losing chunks.
Yeah any time I get over 100k runes I hit up the albinuracs and grab a level.

• 3Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
I've been using the Dung Eater, he's been a thousand times more useful than the mimic when I've been able to summon. Phazael Phazael with the winning suggestion there.

As far as hybrid magic goes, seems to be useless against bosses and has limited benefits against enemies. I find my FP better spent on the Moonveil attack while I'm melee.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, at least what he does takes some sort of skill. A girl showing her tits is doing what exactly? Not that I would ever give the dude any money, and have dropped plenty of cash on girls who's name I'll never remember. But what he's doing is no different than dudes putting a ball through a hoop. And people pay to watch that bullshit.

I cleared out a couple mini dungeons, very easy stuff. Killed a bone dragon too, he's an asshole that can 1 or 2 shot you at will. I can't believe this DLC drops so much trash loot. Like why smithing stone 1 and 2 on a place you have to beat Mogh to get into? Itemization seems absolutely retarded.

Honestly any smithing stone that isn’t ancient is pointless, might as well just drop runes. I think that’s why they do it: you’ll need all types of stones to level up any weapon you want to try out, so they’re giving you all types, rather than just runes so you can purchase them.

• 1Rustled

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like some game journo shit.
I don't keep up with this thread, but I wanted to pop in and say - That quote is mine, but it was framed as a question. I don't have any experience with this type of game and I was asking questions from a completely novice perspective.

Edit - Just realized that the relevant part of this conversation is many, many pages back so just ignore me.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Chris

Potato del Grande
On the last boss, got to phase 2 and noped out. Not sure I can beat that, but I'll google every last Scadutree Fragment now and give it a go.

Not sure what Asmongold's problem is, Messmer is a very fair boss, was a challenge I maybe could have done at 12 Scadutree Fragments (got him to 1%) but seemed way easier on 13. Did he see Commander Gaius? That I can't do.

I wonder if there some fucky scaling on the fragments that's threshold based for making bosses easier once you hit the right number?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
On the last boss, got to phase 2 and noped out. Not sure I can beat that, but I'll google every last Scadutree Fragment now and give it a go.

Not sure what Asmongold's problem is, Messmer is a very fair boss, was a challenge I maybe could have done at 12 Scadutree Fragments (got him to 1%) but seemed way easier on 13. Did he see Commander Gaius? That I can't do.

I wonder if there some fucky scaling on the fragments that's threshold based for making bosses easier once you hit the right number?

I’ve been watching, and as far as I can tell every blessing level up to 10/6 has been linear increase. Roughly 5% increase to your base values (10% for elemental negation).

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Asmon could very well just be farming schadenfreude clicks. Like most personality entertainers, he's partially playing a role I'm sure.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!