Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a few questions relating to replay for anyone who might know.

What happens to your progress in the DLC area and/or your toon when you start a NG+ in the base game?

Also, can you do a NG+ in the DLC? If so, same question. And do you lose anything?

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can play NG+ in the DLC, yeah.

Not sure what happens if you finish the main storyline while part way through the DLC, I expect you'd be locked out as you'd lose access to all zones, including Mohg's Palace.

I had that question this morning funnily enough, needed some exp so killed Malekith and Hoarah Loux but didn't want to try Elden Beast for fear I'd be stuck.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I cleared a chunk of Ainsel, beating the Dragonkin soldier. Now I am working my way through Western Liurnia towards Carian Manor

Game got a lot more fun once I went unga bunga in loin cloth

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
If you aren't having fun, then why play? Also, getting stressed out over a video game is a bit LOL. Maybe try a new hobby if a game is giving you PTSD.
Sense of accomplishment. It is fun, it's just the MMO kind of fun and not the GTA kind of fun Cyberpunk is.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Interesting that you put Hearts of Stone over Blood and Wine, I hardly ever see that
W3 main strength is its story and characters. The story was flawlessly executed and it had two very different yet amazing endings. The one where O Dimm wins was incredible.

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
In the DLC found a dungeon with death eyes(?) that kept fucking me up. Googled how to kill them as nothing helped. Results said a knife from the base game got rid of them. Look in chest , nope don't have that one. Go to get it (in the base game) and there is a whole new dungeon I missed on my 1st playthrough. Man I do love this game!

• 1Worf

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
In the DLC found a dungeon with death eyes(?) that kept fucking me up. Googled how to kill them as nothing helped. Results said a knife from the base game got rid of them. Look in chest , nope don't have that one. Go to get it (in the base game) and there is a whole new dungeon I missed on my 1st playthrough. Man I do love this game!
Do you mean the Fissure area with the ball worm things that shoot lasers from their eyes? If so, that one got me at first too.

Thankfully, I learned long ago in this game to always carry a bow of some sort for some ranged attacks so those weren't too bad to put down from distance.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Do you mean the Fissure area with the ball worm things that shoot lasers from their eyes? If so, that one got me at first too.

Thankfully, I learned long ago in this game to always carry a bow of some sort for some ranged attacks so those weren't too bad to put down from distance.

I couldn't find a method of ranged attack that worked without not also allowing them to pewpew me to death. Ended up using a shield to block as I advanced, only time I've used a shield with this character.

• 1Solidarity

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
get 60 vigor

I just soloed him 3rd attempt on my 2nd run as melee no-shield. If you want to learn the fight you need to be alive
I FINALLY put that pig fucker Commander Gaius down after what I calculate to be roughly 90 mins to 2 hours of trying over the last two days. Probably 50+ total attempts, roughly half of which were instadeaths just zoning into the battlefield and not timing the dodge roll properly.

So, yeah, fuck him and the boar he rode in on! Man it felt good to finally win that one!

I still have sooo many left though. Messmer and Bayle I've reached but not even attempted yet, plus the ones I have gotten a few attempts in on, such as Putrid and the Scadtree Avatar. Then there's the others I have yet to reach, such as Metyr, Midra and the last boss.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I FINALLY put that pig fucker Commander Gaius down after what I calculate to be roughly 90 mins to 2 hours of trying over the last two days. Probably 50+ total attempts, roughly half of which were instadeaths just zoning into the battlefield and not timing the dodge roll properly.

So, yeah, fuck him and the boar he rode in on! Man it felt good to finally win that one!

I still have sooo many left though. Messmer and Bayle I've reached but not even attempted yet, plus the ones I have gotten a few attempts in on, such as Putrid and the Scadtree Avatar. Then there's the others I have yet to reach, such as Metyr, Midra and the last boss.

I have to say, I haven't gotten stuck on any bosses yet and the common denominator seems to be Vigor and/or Scadu blessings.

I've been 60 Vigor since very early into DLC (started L150 at 50 Vigor, first 10 levels went into Vigor), and have been exploring every nook and cranny. Got to Gaius at 60 Vigor and 13/7 blessings and even though I couldn't ever dodge his first charge, it still only did 20-25% of my hp. I'm wearing armor and not using a shield. Gaius took me 3-4 attempts, most of any boss thus far I think. Tried Bayle once and will go back to him soon, just beat Centipede lady and am in Enir-Ilim.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's what I love about this game. Ask 20 people to rank their five hardest fights and you'll get 20 different lists. Says a lot about the depth of gameplay as well as the equipment variety.
So true. This post made me think of the Mausoleum bosses in particular though. Of the four of them, two were super frustrating for me while the other two were both one-shots for me. In fact, one of those (Red Bear maybe?) would've been a one-shot, no hit had he not landed a one-two punch combo right before I got him.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The funny part here is that the big dude is entirely optional. You only really need to kill him if you're doing the sorcerer quest.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have to say, I haven't gotten stuck on any bosses yet and the common denominator seems to be Vigor and/or Scadu blessings.

I've been 60 Vigor since very early into DLC (started L150 at 50 Vigor, first 10 levels went into Vigor), and have been exploring every nook and cranny. Got to Gaius at 60 Vigor and 13/7 blessings and even though I couldn't ever dodge his first charge, it still only did 20-25% of my hp. I'm wearing armor and not using a shield. Gaius took me 3-4 attempts, most of any boss thus far I think. Tried Bayle once and will go back to him soon, just beat Centipede lady and am in Enir-Ilim.
Haven't beaten it as a caster.I don't think sixty vigor is required. But I do
think you need at least forty and probably with a decent shield to manage against the later bosses. The red flask Talisman and good conservative play Or enough to close the gap with sixty vigor Unga in most cases. This expansion is very heavily biased towards using a shield.In a way that hasn't existed since demon souls came out.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Haven't beaten it as a caster.I don't think sixty vigor is required. But I do
think you need at least forty and probably with a decent shield to manage against the later bosses. The red flask Talisman and good conservative play Or enough to close the gap with sixty vigor Unga in most cases. This expansion is very heavily biased towards using a shield.In a way that hasn't existed since demon souls came out.

That's what I'm saying, I am not using a shield and have not had any real trouble and am probably 75% complete, 7 remembrance bosses dead. So I do not come to your same conclusion of "this expansion is very heavily biased towards using a shield."

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I have a few questions relating to replay for anyone who might know.

What happens to your progress in the DLC area and/or your toon when you start a NG+ in the base game?

Also, can you do a NG+ in the DLC? If so, same question. And do you lose anything?

It "resets" all boss's and items will re-pop, I'm not sure what happens to the Scadu/Ash blessings though. You can only NG+ via the Main Game, once you finish the DLC that's it there is no Bonfire Aesthetics like in Dark Souls 2.

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Anyone try the Euporia legendary twinblade? Has anyone even found it?

The concept seems intriguing to me, attack shit and build up power then use it with the weapon art. Curious if anyone has experience with it before I think about respeccing and enhancing the weapon.