Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Distortion is making a run using Euporia.

Also, Asmon is playing some mod that turns Elden Ring into Bloodborne, called Graceborn? Dunno.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Tried the 2 hour Steam preview of Dragons Dogma 2 , but I'm hard programmed to the controls of ER. I kept hitting R1/R2 and nothing was happening, except I was getting my ass handed to me in a tutorial. LOL

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Just realized "scadu" is shadow. It's very close to an old english word for shadow, and also somewhat conforms to what the Japanese often do in Japanifying English words. For more examples of this that I found interesting, see the Alice in Borderland Japanese show on Netflix. All of the characters have JapEngrish names that have phonetic matches in the Alice in Wonderland story.

Anyway, now I can say this as "Shadowtree" in my head, and I can be at ease. "SKADOO" was really weird to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hmmm thats a lot of appraisals for a common joke message, seems odd

dung.PNG

Ah yes, dung indeed

fuck this game sometimes

1719725394258.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
okay now im actually mad cause whatever fancy thing he dropped is locked up in the air

1719725751704.png

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
It "resets" all boss's and items will re-pop, I'm not sure what happens to the Scadu/Ash blessings though. You can only NG+ via the Main Game, once you finish the DLC that's it there is no Bonfire Aesthetics like in Dark Souls 2.
I heard that the Scadu both carries over and respawns, so you kinda need to get all 20 levels before NG+ so you can get more levels next time.

• 1Weird Boner

Fucker

Log Wizard
Just realized "scadu" is shadow. It's very close to an old english word for shadow, and also somewhat conforms to what the Japanese often do in Japanifying English words. For more examples of this that I found interesting, see the Alice in Borderland Japanese show on Netflix. All of the characters have JapEngrish names that have phonetic matches in the Alice in Wonderland story.

Anyway, now I can say this as "Shadowtree" in my head, and I can be at ease. "SKADOO" was really weird to me.
I thought they were referring to snow mobiles.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What kind of military grade autism do yo have to have to play these games at lvl1 or do no hit runs.

Could also be adderall. Back when I was on that stuff I would hyperfocus on whatever I was doing. Could spend 10 hours on a project without stopping and not even realize the time had gone by. It would be very conducive to doing wild challenges like level 1 no hit.

Only level 1 run I ever did in these games was Dark Souls 1 as a pyromancer, which it turns out is actually not that hard at all. Most of their power comes from the Pyromancy Flame rather than levels, and you have plenty of souls to level the PF up if you aren't leveling. Was a bit of a glass cannon, but very doable.

Similar deal with the Gun-Only Bloodborne run. Looks difficult on paper, turns out to be fairly easy in practice. Focusing solely on Bloodtinge and using the right buffs causes your gunshots to chunk bosses, at range no less.

• 1WTF

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Interesting that you put Hearts of Stone over Blood and Wine, I hardly ever see that

Someone with more experience than me needs to do a definitive "best DLCs of all time" analysis so we can find out who the winner is between SOTE, XB2, Torna, Witcher 3's two DLCs, and Iceborne. Or perhaps something else entirely. Cyberpunk?

Scholar of the First Sin and Witcher 3 could be contenders for #1 if the analysis combined the DLCs for a particular game. I'd rather keep them separated out. Ivory King is certainly a top ten DLC on its own, I would think. Old Hunters and Artorias of the Abyss are arguably high up as well.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Someone with more experience than me needs to do a definitive "best DLCs of all time" analysis so we can find out who the winner is between SOTE, XB2, Torna, Witcher 3's two DLCs, and Iceborne. Or perhaps something else entirely. Cyberpunk?

Scholar of the First Sin and Witcher 3 could be contenders for #1 if the analysis combined the DLCs for a particular game. I'd rather keep them separated out. Ivory King is certainly a top ten DLC on its own, I would think. Old Hunters and Artorias of the Abyss are arguably high up as well.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 2.0 Happy Home Paradise​

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally met Metyr and actually one-shot her. The fight didn't seem particularly challenging and her health was surprisingly low. Can mark her off the list of remaining bosses though.

Ditto for Putrescent Knight, which totally shocked me. I hadn't even attempted him again since I first discovered him last week. Came back just to show one of our sons how ridiculously OP the bosses are in the DLC. Survived the initial onslaught and before I knew it, he was half health. I might've gotten a little lucky on a dodge roll or two off the horse charge but I guess it was just one of those fights where things fell into place and he died without too much fuss.

He's been replaced with Midra, whom I just discovered earlier today. Seems like a fun guy.

So, Messmer, Bayle, Midra, Scadtree Avatar and then the last boss.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm amazed at how many actual bosses they've packed into this DLC. I still haven't found either Metyr or Midra. Still have [censored] Final Boss and Bayle encountered but un-killed, but only a single attempt on either. My inventory has 7 remembrances, which means there are at least 11, possibly more total?

Multiple areas completely unexplored but I've canvassed the areas I HAVE explored pretty thoroughly. I watched Vaati's exploring gravesite plain video yesterday evening while playing and I had found every single thing he highlighted in the vid.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think I need more Scooby Doo fragments, because Messmer is pushing my shit in badly. Think I'll leave him alone for a bit.