Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It really is not all that tough to get through ER or SOTE with melee and dodge rolling.
I would be curious to see what the numbers on builds of people who were who managed to beat Radahn without using one of the cheese gimmicks like Rolling Sparks, especially where they attempted it without a cooperator. I bet the vast majority of them would involve Finger/BK Shield and <insert bleed spear here> counter poke, at least on one character. The Albrecht summon is a trap, btw. He does virtually no damage and cannot tank or hold agro worth a shit, but the fight scales way up if you summon him.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would be curious to see what the numbers on builds of people who were who managed to beat Radahn without using one of the cheese gimmicks like Rolling Sparks, especially where they attempted it without a cooperator. I bet the vast majority of them would involve Finger/BK Shield and <insert bleed spear here> counter poke, at least on one character. The Albrecht summon is a trap, btw. He does virtually no damage and cannot tank or hold agro worth a shit, but the fight scales way up if you summon him.

I just saw one guy beat it with that stone giant summons. He didn't even attack himself just hid behind a shield and healed the summons. Looked very simple.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished the Dlc, 10/10 experience.
2-handing dark moon greatsword(ranni weapon), and using mimic on bosses for all of it. And that combo pretty much breezed through everything but radahn.
I'm aware there's quite a few OP builds in the game and i don't know how DM GS rates to em all but I used a normal katana/uchigatana when ER first came out and compared to that the range DM GS provides trivializes quite a lot of stuff.
This was my setup, too, with a ton of faith and spamming Ancient Rancor for most fights. Once I wrapped my head around the design changes and grinded some scadooshes, Bayle and Radahn were the only major issues where Poop Man was not the immediate solution. MLGS was too slow for most bosses, but it murdered trash. Uzi Spear was my major crutch. For Bayle and Radahn I got my friend to coop with counterpoke, in return for me getting him past fights that were kicking his ass with his unga. His major hangups were the Golden Hippo, Chaos Rapey dude, and the sunflower. Coordinating over mics we were able to take both of our problem bosses down in short order, though Radahn took the most attempts overall.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just saw one guy beat it with that stone giant summons. He didn't even attack himself just hid behind a shield and healed the summons. Looked very simple.
Yeah pretty sure that one is getting nerfed hard, but even so he had to manage agro while keeping close enough to heal chip at least. Radahn seems to have a regular agro list wipe (a lot of mobs seem to) that makes him really froggy.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah pretty sure that one is getting nerfed hard, but even so he had to manage agro while keeping close enough to heal chip at least. Radahn seems to have a regular agro list wipe (a lot of mobs seem to) that makes him really froggy.

Aggro didn't really matter. He just tucked behind his great shield until the summon took over.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Took another 20 stabs or so at Radahn today. No Albrecht. No Mimic. No cheese build. Just me and my Backhand Blades.

Got him to phase 2 one time in those attempts.

Just when I feel like I'm starting to learn his combos, my timing will be off on one swing and it's usually pretty much over after that. It feels like you essentially have to be perfect on the whole fight and he's just so GD relentless.

Back on the shelf again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Took another 20 stabs or so at Radahn today. No Albrecht. No Mimic. No cheese build. Just me and my Backhand Blades.

Got him to phase 2 one time in those attempts.

Just when I feel like I'm starting to learn his combos, my timing will be off on one swing and it's usually pretty much over after that. It feels like you essentially have to be perfect on the whole fight and he's just so GD relentless.

Back on the shelf again.

If you are dodging Radahn, you have to learn to be nearly perfect in phase 1. In phase 2 a lot of his combos carry over, but it is mostly obscured by light which makes it harder to see what combo he's doing. So in phase 2 it has to be instinctual.

• 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Golden parry, if it works like it used to it increases your iframes for parrying. Think if I fight Radahn again on NG+2 I'm going to give that a go. I've also seen someone use a knife without GP and still hit every parry to kill him...now that was impressive.

Ah yes here it is:

I dont think that person is relying on golden parry

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like the Carrian Parry. Golden parry hit box is too far out and when bosses are close up it'll go right through it.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well I'm going back and killing the furnace golems.

The ones you can't cheese with fire pots the easiest way I've found to kill them is Great Stars with prayerful strike and heavy infusion for my strength build. 2 hand it and spam prayerful strikes on their legs and you will easily heal through any damage you take. Your mimic will do the same. 2 handed talisman, alexander, dragoncrest, and flamedrake are my setup. They fall over pretty fast to prayerful strike and you won't ever need to worry about taking dmg. Try to jump the flames, but even if you get caught 1 prayerful strike will heal all the dmg from their attack. Way easier and faster than trying to use torrent. Just stay behind them so they can't grab you.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So did I fuck myself here. I beat Messmer before doing like any of the bottom half of the map. Then moved onto the part where you burn the sealing tree. Did I just screw myself out of all the questlines? Leda now wants to fight me with like 6 other faggots and they are beating my ass.

• 1Worf

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did the same except I didn’t light the tree when I got to it. And Leda only tried to fuck me with 2 other people.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I did the same except I didn’t light the tree when I got to it. And Leda only tried to fuck me with 2 other people.
god dammit!

I really didn't want to follow guides and enjoy the newness of it, but I'm annoyed now.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
god dammit!

I really didn't want to follow guides and enjoy the newness of it, but I'm annoyed now.

Yes the quests are very annoying. I got to the two invasion signs in the black tower and read ahead so I didn't screw that part up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
NG+, all str with a ruins GS+10, no summons.

He's hard but doable.

People just need to git gud

Chris

Potato del Grande
So did I fuck myself here. I beat Messmer before doing like any of the bottom half of the map. Then moved onto the part where you burn the sealing tree. Did I just screw myself out of all the questlines? Leda now wants to fight me with like 6 other faggots and they are beating my ass.
Yes, I think most people did this. I have some bitch still in the library because I broke her questline just entering the castle.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yup. I pretty much screwed everything by more or less going renalla>hippo>messmer. Dancing Lion was the 2nd to last boss I killed.