Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yup. I pretty much screwed everything by more or less going renalla>hippo>messmer. Dancing Lion was the 2nd to last boss I killed.
Beating Mesmer doesn't lock you. It's using his flame to burn the thorns that locks you out of stuff. I did most of the quests after accidentally getting to the centipede chick as my 4th boss but not burning the thorns and going back and talking to NPCs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Beating Mesmer doesn't lock you. It's using his flame to burn the thorns that locks you out of stuff. I did most of the quests after accidentally getting to the centipede chick as my 4th boss but not burning the thorns and going back and talking to NPCs.
Yeah I continued straight onto that cunt then burned the tree.

Not like youre missing out on much.A line or dialogue or two?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Some quests break when the great rune breaks when you enter Shadow Keep. I think one quest requires Messmer to be alive and you summon in a helper.

It's a mess and a bad design.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah I continued straight onto that cunt then burned the tree.

Not like youre missing out on much.A line or dialogue or two?
You miss out on most of the NPC quest lines and the ability to decide on who you fight with/against on the Leda fight.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I went back on my bleed toon this weekend to try out the Dragon Katana, which he already had, and the Sword of Night, which I still needed to get from the black night's corpse in the fingers church.

The Dragon Katana is nice but I don't like the ash much. It just didn't seem to land as much on mobs as it did when Dragon man used it against me.

I had obtained the Sword of Night on my Faith toon and swung it enough times to know the ash seemed hella effective. The problem was that toon wasn't optimized to use it.

So I ran to the church to get it from Jolan's corpse. Only, I gave her the wrong fucking iris item and got the ashes instead of the sword. Fuuuccckk!

Sat there for a moment and reflected. Since there's nothing else out atm that I'm interested in playing, I decided to take the plunge and start NG+. Took me maybe 30 mins or so to get back to the Shadow realm and another 30-40 to get the Mother down and get the sword off Jolan.

It's probably my second favorite weapon in the game now behind the Backhand Blades.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After spending a couple of hours on Radahn last night. I beat today him in under an hour. I was using one summon last night which is a trap. It just increases his HP too much. I got his first phase down today for the most part, and then just used mimic in the second phase. I put the cold mist ashe of war on my Fire Knight Greatsword, and the extra 20% from frostbite really does a wonder on him especially in the second phase when the mimic can pound him too.

I didn't feel like beating my head against the wall in this DLC by doing it with no mimic summon. The DLC is trivial with it though during bosses. I may go through with my dex build character and do it the hard way. I do want to go through the game as a Mage as well to 100% the game on PC/Steam.

The DLC is a 9/10 for me. I wish they would have done more with the finger area. It such a cool looking area. They could have at least thrown in a mini boss in those areas. It feels like they ran out of time with those area's.

Black Dragon Kalameet from the DS1 DLC is still my favorite dragon fight from all of the Souls games. I will also say it's disappointing they got away from tail cutting from DS1, and have never brought it back.

Last edited:

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Well, lost most of my sanity killing Radahn in NG 2+ no summons with the giant sunflower. I can now say I have both phases down as good as I'll ever have them. The cross slash bs still usually hits me at least once, and his jump in the air clone spam into wombo combo is still tough for me but doable. On the kill I still had 9 flasks left...but took me a lot of hours to get there. What a stupid hobby!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The effectiveness of the mimic is largely dependent on your base build (AI starts making dumb choices for casters, base Unga mimics are usually the best) and if you are doing the dumpling trick or not (empty out item list and leave only the dumpling there and the mimic will periodically heal itself). Poopman and Tiche are still solid, often superior, choices. Nephili Louix Puppet is also really good, at least early in the expansion when fighting stuff that is weak to lightning.

Having beaten it twice now (coop as a caster, solo as Unga Finger Shield/bleed spear counterpoke), I feel the Radahn encounter is still way to overtuned and requires specific builds (or Asian twitch reflexes) to pull off. The ridiculously long wombo combos full of chip damage need to be dialed back a bit and the size of the collateral AEs in phase two needs to be reduced so he can't just sperg off a full minute of bullshit where you have to block/dodge with no response only to get chipped down. It is way skewed towards using the Finger Shield to beat it. Ranged builds basically are forced to cheese it or get a cooperator set up to tank the fight. And any setup revolving around smaller fast weapons is just completely fucked with his hitboxes and attack routines. And for fucks sakes get rid of the whole "you just zoned into the arena, let me unload a long chain of bullshit on you" aspect of this and many other boss fights.

The summon is not a trap, really. In fact if you want Albrect's gear you need to bring him into the fight. Having two summons gives you windows to heal and regroup. But it also means you have to be putting out the damage in those windows, which pretty much means you are going to have to roll in bleed (and maybe frost) to get the job done. And your weapon is going to need a fast R1 with enough reach to apply hits in the very small windows this boss gives you, while jumping around all over. This further narrows the builds, but at least you are likely using something from the DLC for a change as the best option.

Shmoopy

Finally at last boss of DLC. With summoning randoms I (well we) one-shot just about every boss. Summoning randoms on Radahn so far 0 for 3. :confused:

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finally at last boss of DLC. With summoning randoms I (well we) one-shot just about every boss. Summoning randoms on Radahn so far 0 for 3. :confused:

Radahn's like Malenia, summoning people might actually just increase the difficulty of the fight the vast majority of the time.