Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If it's the underground river version that fight is definitely wonky as a goldbro. When he phases his original form despawns and you lose target lock and it spawns a new copy of him on top of it, only sometimes it doesn't despawn the original and there's two of them?

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
The fact that he started MMOs with WoW and not EQ or UO is really showing how deals with the lack of guidance in an open world game like Elden Ring.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
If it's the underground river version that fight is definitely wonky as a goldbro. When he phases his original form despawns and you lose target lock and it spawns a new copy of him on top of it, only sometimes it doesn't despawn the original and there's two of them?

I did notice the target lock poofing, though, I thought it was just my shit controller (also, fuck this controller, the left stick click needs incredibly little pressure, so I'm constantly hopping off my horse or crouching in the middle of shit when I don't want to). Haven't run across the doubling boss yet.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The fact that he started MMOs with WoW and not EQ or UO is really showing how deals with the lack of guidance in an open world game like Elden Ring.

I didn't watch it, but not being able to navigate an open world game with few prompts is some kind of retardation

if you wonder somewhere too difficult, turn around and go elsewhere (bonus points if you can remember the hard area for later when you're stronger)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yeah Ulcerated Elder or something took me a good amount of tries, was in the stonesword key area in the very beginning beyond some spike trap that follows you.

Fun fight aside from a ton of camera issues. Huge snake in a small area, fucking loved it!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Bloodborne has broken my playstyle. Spoiled by the BB dodge speed.

Now I'm cringing at my fat rolling

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

literally the only asmongold vid I've ever watched was him quitting ER and the whole thing seems like a subscriber ploy, but I don't know him at all. Just seems suspicious to have one of the most popular open world games come out and make a big fuss about being too intimidated by it. If he doesn't come back and play it and rake in the views because of the drama then I'll stand corrected.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
literally the only asmongold vid I've ever watched was him quitting ER and the whole thing seems like a subscriber ploy, but I don't know him at all. Just seems suspicious to have one of the most popular open world games come out and make a big fuss about being too intimidated by it. If he doesn't come back and play it and rake in the views because of the drama then I'll stand corrected.
He didn’t really say intimidated, he was just getting lost and overwhelmed at not knowing what to do, where to go, etc. It’s not surprising really as doesn’t he primarily play games that have a question marker every 30 feet and a compass telling you how to get there?

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
I'm surprised these games are even popular to watch on twitch. Seems like there would be way too much time wasted dying and doing random exploration. I doubt any1 would want to watch Asmong die 20x on each hard boss for example. May be why he feels "intimidated", but he did play DS3 so idk.

He also seems to have some anxiety issues, so maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable streaming it, but could play if he was by himself?

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
He didn’t really say intimidated, he was just getting lost and overwhelmed at not knowing what to do, where to go, etc. It’s not surprising really as doesn’t he primarily play games that have a question marker every 30 feet and a compass telling you how to get there?
He also reads his chat. Which will be beyond retarded in an open world game. I think it fucked with his head

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
He also reads his chat. Which will be beyond retarded in an open world game. I think it fucked with his head
Yeah, I watched that quit video since it was so short. I saw he was getting tons of people telling him so much conflicting shit on what to do it was fucking him up. I would not want to play this game like that at all.

I’m fully playing in the “hmm wonder what’s over there” mode and just fucking around exploring and not rushing anything. Have found several random overland bosses, multiple warp traps (one which led to my favorite item in the game so far) hidden dungeons. So fuckin good. I was really anticipating this game and had high hopes but was doubtful it could live up to hype, nothing ever does. So far this blew the hype out of the water for me, constantly amazed.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Did you guys who are commenting on that Asmongold video actually watch it? Because all the comments about it make it seem like... you definitely didn't watch it.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There were two posted in the past day and the comments seem in line with at least the first video (which I did watch).

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

I guess I just don't understand why people watch that guy. He's such a fucking dipshit. Granted, a dipshit making good money, but it just boggles my mind how anyone could stand watching him. I'm guessing it's just a younger generation that lap it up? Every video I've ever seen of the guy or tried to watch is just annoying.

I don't watch streamers to begin with, but I do watch some of the channels on YouTube out there that cover games and reviews and what have you. Just looking for information to make an informative purchase or maybe learn something about a game I'm interested in. I guess I just won't ever understand the twitch streamer shit.

I can't be the only one who feels this way.

Anyways, Elden Ring is a pretty amazing game.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 5 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
His main point was that he didn’t like streaming it because points between content material was too far apart to be good watching material (at least for his target audience). He seems to just want to play it offline and spend his time dicking about.

Asmongold as a character is a S tier insufferable fag but I don’t really mind when he drops that to make reviews or talk about actual content of games. He does make some good points.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Hatorade Hatorade needs to be in a support group

1646106624037.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Think I’m almost at last boss… Not sure but I’m lvl 95 now and destroying everything with og scythe and the dmg dragon shield. Kinda dumb honestly.

Will have thoughts tomorrow but I’m just overwhelmed by what they made. It’s unbelievable frankly. There are layers and layers to the game in so many ways it will be months to discover everything. Genuinely the deepest game I’ve ever played

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I guess I just don't understand why people watch that guy. He's such a fucking dipshit. Granted, a dipshit making good money, but it just boggles my mind how anyone could stand watching him. I'm guessing it's just a younger generation that lap it up? Every video I've ever seen of the guy or tried to watch is just annoying.

I don't watch streamers to begin with, but I do watch some of the channels on YouTube out there that cover games and reviews and what have you. Just looking for information to make an informative purchase or maybe learn something about a game I'm interested in. I guess I just won't ever understand the twitch streamer shit.

I can't be the only one who feels this way.

Anyways, Elden Ring is a pretty amazing game.

Again, did you even watch the video before commenting on it? There are definitely some insufferable faggots out there. You, for instance.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users