Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was hoping you could cut Margit's tail off. I miss that from Dark Souls 1, and they've never brought it back. I just beat him at lvl 22 with a +3 Bastard Sword. It came down to a magic pixel of my health, and I won. What a rush.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
literally the only asmongold vid I've ever watched was him quitting ER and the whole thing seems like a subscriber ploy, but I don't know him at all. Just seems suspicious to have one of the most popular open world games come out and make a big fuss about being too intimidated by it. If he doesn't come back and play it and rake in the views because of the drama then I'll stand corrected.

Only videos of his I've ever watched were the Dark Souls and Bloodborne ones.

He quit all of them at least once except for DS1

nu_11

I guess I just don't understand why people watch that guy. He's such a fucking dipshit. Granted, a dipshit making good money, but it just boggles my mind how anyone could stand watching him. I'm guessing it's just a younger generation that lap it up? Every video I've ever seen of the guy or tried to watch is just annoying.

I don't watch streamers to begin with, but I do watch some of the channels on YouTube out there that cover games and reviews and what have you. Just looking for information to make an informative purchase or maybe learn something about a game I'm interested in. I guess I just won't ever understand the twitch streamer shit.

I can't be the only one who feels this way.

Anyways, Elden Ring is a pretty amazing game.

this reads like a reddit post

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Think I’m almost at last boss… Not sure but I’m lvl 95 now and destroying everything with og scythe and the dmg dragon shield. Kinda dumb honestly.

Will have thoughts tomorrow but I’m just overwhelmed by what they made. It’s unbelievable frankly. There are layers and layers to the game in so many ways it will be months to discover everything. Genuinely the deepest game I’ve ever played
Really curious what you think and how much side quests and bosses you did. I am level 110 and some bosses I can barely dent and get 2 shot.

• 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Hatorade Hatorade needs to be in a support group

View attachment 400945
Made some progress today!
1646114588006.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
He didn’t really say intimidated, he was just getting lost and overwhelmed at not knowing what to do, where to go, etc. It’s not surprising really as doesn’t he primarily play games that have a question marker every 30 feet and a compass telling you how to get there?
The game literally has a "quest marker" telling you where to go. It's the dumbest fucking complaint imaginable. The ENTIRE point of DS games is to play it however the fuck you want. There's no "right way" to reach the last boss.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
So unfortunately, I submitted for a refund for this game on Steam. I reinstalled the game, still having the same problems. Frame rate issue kicks me back to log in screen. When I can play, the frame rates are so bad, I can barely move, and the enemies are still mostly invisible. I did read something about disabling hyper threading as a way to fix the issue, but I had already submitted for a refund before I read about that fix. I'll buy the game again once this issue is patched. It's really frustrating, and I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet. I really want to play this game, so hopefully they can fix it ASAP.

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Margit down at lvl 25 stats so far are 21 str/18vig/15end. I did use summons though. Not sure what I should keep investing in. Playing a wretch I'm kinda lost on where to go with my build. I think I'm going to start pursuing a Paladin/Summoner build which sounds fun. After reading some y'all's posts I think I'm gimping myself. I'm using the great sword +1 that you find in the first human camp. I should build it up more but was I hoping to find something better. I wonder how much easier that fight would of been with a few more levels of damage.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Beat it (no spoilers, although I had crazy "Sylvanas did nothing wrong" vibes now and then. Curious what you guys think about the whole story) and I can see why streamers get really pressured. If you know what to do and where to go ER can be super linear but a lot of the fun or better trouble is running around and doing the cellar dweller routine. Quin almost lost it yesterday when he felt he had to entertain people and had no idea where to go and what to do next. Although this time really let you choose what 2 runes to go after and the game points or better forces you to at least two of them early on. How to unlock Starscourge Radan is not the best quest chain in the book, you can easily miss what to do and where. I also bet Nokron will be missed by a lot of players not looking into a wiki.
I cheesed a lot of fights by going caster, not going to lie. Playing (pure) melee is a whole different game. Only trouble as a caster were some highly magic ressistant bosses. You can really beat the game with your out of the box astrologer gear and some rune grinding.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh is nokron optional?? I've been banging my head against the boss in the aqueducts there. Thatd be good news if I don't have to kill it. I have no idea where to go after rennala

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Patches the Former Spidey Boy.
I found this guy in Lingrave. I forgot I didn't kill those skeletons at like hour 1 of the game near the Dragon pond I went up there and killed them. Got invaded by 2 fake invader NPCs. Killed them then entered murkwater cave. Killed the shit in there and patches is down there.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
EDIT: I was not trying to post anything spoilery. This piece is right near the starting area.

There's basically an entire underdark in this game. God damn.

How do you get there?

I've made a bit more progress, but I'm running into those blue sealed doors everywhere now. And one gold sealed door behind the imperial castle where I beat up a Tree Knight 2.0. When are all these damn sealed doors gonna open?

I found another big boss too, Starscream the desert scourge or something like that. All of his range attacks one-shot me so I basically spam him with NPC summons around the desert and mix in drive-by charged slashes with the horse. Got him down to around 40-50% a few times but always end up getting picked off by something idiotic.

That fight COULD be incredibly epic but it feels really overtuned for player power, so I spend most of the time running back across the desert after losing because something one-shotted me.

TBH the bloom is off the rose a little bit. This game is fantastic, 95/100, etc. As it progresses I'm finding more and more things one-shotting me, being able to take damage while I'm on the ground (which wasn't the case in Dark Souls) is leading to a lot of cheap deaths, etc. The lack of structure was great in the beginning, now it just feels aimless. I might take a break and do some other things with my free time this week and get back to it when I'm less burned-out.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Could this have been patched out already? I'm getting next to nothing

I just tried it out. Half the time you don't get exp for the ball unless it rolls right off the cliff to its right. Try running down and then up/left around it so it rolls right off the cliff. The exp rate for that trick really isn't that good when you factor in how often it doesn't work. It's good early on when the exp from it is massive, but that's exactly when people shouldn't do it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
How do you get there?

I've made a bit more progress, but I'm running into those blue sealed doors everywhere now. And one gold sealed door behind the imperial castle where I beat up a Tree Knight 2.0. When are all these damn sealed doors gonna open?

I found another big boss too, Starscream the desert scourge or something like that. All of his range attacks one-shot me so I basically spam him with NPC summons around the desert and mix in drive-by charged slashes with the horse. Got him down to around 40-50% a few times but always end up getting picked off by something idiotic.

That fight COULD be incredibly epic but it feels really overtuned for player power, so I spend most of the time running back across the desert after losing because something one-shotted me.

TBH the bloom is off the rose a little bit. This game is fantastic, 95/100, etc. As it progresses I'm finding more and more things one-shotting me, being able to take damage while I'm on the ground (which wasn't the case in Dark Souls) is leading to a lot of cheap deaths, etc. The lack of structure was great in the beginning, now it just feels aimless. I might take a break and do some other things with my free time this week and get back to it when I'm less burned-out.
I haven't got that far buuuut...

There's a sorcerer in Liurnia who says you need a Glintstone Key to open up the sealed doors if that is what you mean? I haven't found it yet but I am sure I'll come across it later. He said that the Hogwarts academy sealed their shit since the Shattering and is begging you for a key should you find an extra one. Selia the sorcerer was expelled from there. Raya Lucaria or whatever.

Underdark is accessible through a little building in the mistwood on the way to Fort Haight with a 2 minute elevator ride straight down. You can't fast travel to the bonfires down there but you can fast travel to the bonfires within the Underdark if you're in it. I found 2 bonfires down there so far. It's directly on the road you cannot possibly miss it.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Summoned ashes spoilers
So all of them so far cost FP, found one that costs 660HP to cast and it copies yourself at a % of your stats it seems. I just got it to +8 and it is doing roughly 80% of my damage, it uses equipped spells as well so you can make a healer etc. I got mine to stack bleeds and do damage. Very cool.

I managed to find a bunch of 1-5 level grave moss for upgrading the summons, got the jellyfish and the wolf pack to level 5 and could level one more up. I'll keep an eye out for that summon. I've found that the jellyfish is great against big targets that need to be distracted (even better if they can be poisoned) while the wolf pack is better at stalling enemies or holding off smaller adds and whatnot. So they've both got their uses. Level 5 pets are way stronger than level 1, as well.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Fucking LOL I've had that debuff on me since I first went to the roundtable place like 15 hours ago, never had any idea what it was. No fucking wonder I feel like my HP bar sucks so much shit.

Is there a way to actually hover over buff icons somehow and see what they are?

Holy shit. I think I've had that debuff for like 15 hours too. I definitely got hugged early on, and later I noticed I had a red X buff along with the other buffs that I thought might be a debuff or side effect of some equipment. Was gonna take a picture of it and post here to inquire.

Maybe getting rid of this debuff will help me stop getting one-shotted.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit. I think I've had that debuff for like 15 hours too. I definitely got hugged early on, and later I noticed I had a red X buff along with the other buffs that I thought might be a debuff or side effect of some equipment. Was gonna take a picture of it and post here to inquire.

Maybe getting rid of this debuff will help me stop getting one-shotted.
I had it too. Got back 30hp :p But I'll take it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Man I die from being a retard a lot.

What is the way to deal with the knights that storm stomp? It doesn't seem like you can block it. I die to them a lot more often than I should.

Last edited:

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>

What is the way to deal with the knights that storm stomp? It doesn't seem like you can block it. I die to them a lot more often than I should.
Yeah, honestly I've just been farming a lot but I have downed the tree sent and the rat/dog man in the first cave you can find.

In all of my farming though, at any time I can just die from shit I've spent a lot of time killing.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I have been switching between straight sword and dagger trying to figure out what’s best for certain enemies. I use a really slow zweihander for mounted combat. Yesterday I died to one of those knights a couple times so switched to the zweihander to see if I could stagger him. Turns out jump and heavy attack with that thing wrecks him, then I can get a couple regular swings in. So now I just use this giant unwieldy thing for everything and I’m getting much better results. I plowed through this castle area which was giving me trouble for a long time. Now I just need to find some cool equivalent of this starting weapon.

I also went around and cleaned up several bosses I was only getting down to ~25%. Should’ve been using this bad larry many hours ago I guess.

Last edited: