Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I haven't got that far buuuut...

There's a sorcerer in Liurnia who says you need a Glintstone Key to open up the sealed doors if that is what you mean? I haven't found it yet but I am sure I'll come across it later. He said that the Hogwarts academy sealed their shit since the Shattering and is begging you for a key should you find an extra one. Selia the sorcerer was expelled from there. Raya Lucaria or whatever.

Underdark is accessible through a little building in the mistwood on the way to Fort Haight with a 2 minute elevator ride straight down. You can't fast travel to the bonfires down there but you can fast travel to the bonfires within the Underdark if you're in it. I found 2 bonfires down there so far. It's directly on the road you cannot possibly miss it.

Looked around Mistwood and didn't find any giant elevator on the main road...just the ruins with the massive bear and a treasure chest that I got earlier. I'll take a more thorough look later on but yeah I wasn't able to find it with a quick run through. I'm intrigued about this place.

Spoiler about the third big boss:
Anyone beaten the giant desert anime boss yet? I failed pretty spectacularly against it, gonna try just spamming NPCs and keeping a distance aside from horse jousts when it's clear.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Wow, I might actually switch weapons. As OP as the Golden Halberd is, this looks incredibly fun. Have 50 Str and 14 Dex so I'll need to give it an ash that makes it Str scale, but other than that it should work out pretty decently. The GH is a little on the slow side and this is the polar opposite so the only question is whether I can pump the damage up.

Is Blood Loss / Hemorrhage a DoT like poison or an insta-kill like when enemies do it?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Looked around Mistwood and didn't find any giant elevator on the main road...just the ruins with the massive bear and a treasure chest that I got earlier. I'll take a more thorough look later on but yeah I wasn't able to find it with a quick run through. I'm intrigued about this place.

Anyone beaten the giant desert anime boss yet? I failed pretty spectacularly against it, gonna try just spamming NPCs and keeping a distance aside from horse jousts when it's clear.
The problem is you’re looking for a giant elevator. Look for a small unassuming elevator instead. A small circular building.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow, I might actually switch weapons. As OP as the Golden Halberd is, this looks incredibly fun. Have 50 Str and 14 Dex so I'll need to give it an ash that makes it Str scale, but other than that it should work out pretty decently. The GH is a little on the slow side and this is the polar opposite so the only question is whether I can pump the damage up.

Is Blood Loss / Hemorrhage a DoT like poison or an insta-kill like when enemies do it?

If I'm not mistaken, its not a DoT, but its also not an instant kill, it just applies a huge chunk of damage when it gets filled.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Bro its a massive domed building right along the road. Before the mistwood ruins if coming down from the Third Church bonfire. Near the base of the small Erdtree.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Small Lore Discussion:
It seems that the Godrick, Margit and such capture tarnished then graft them to their bodies in order to regain power that they lost from the Shattering a thousand years prior?

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Hemorrhage takes off a % of the enemy's health bar, which could be really powerful if bosses don't just totally mitigate it or have such a high "hemorrhage" pool that it'll trigger like, once per fight.

I think once I get the ability to respec I'll go from str build to dex/arcane and try this out. I was planning on doing that from the start but kinda chased after the first weapon I found, the Lordsworn's Greatsword.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How do you get there?

I've made a bit more progress, but I'm running into those blue sealed doors everywhere now. And one gold sealed door behind the imperial castle where I beat up a Tree Knight 2.0. When are all these damn sealed doors gonna open?

I found another big boss too, Starscream the desert scourge or something like that. All of his range attacks one-shot me so I basically spam him with NPC summons around the desert and mix in drive-by charged slashes with the horse. Got him down to around 40-50% a few times but always end up getting picked off by something idiotic.

That fight COULD be incredibly epic but it feels really overtuned for player power, so I spend most of the time running back across the desert after losing because something one-shotted me.

TBH the bloom is off the rose a little bit. This game is fantastic, 95/100, etc. As it progresses I'm finding more and more things one-shotting me, being able to take damage while I'm on the ground (which wasn't the case in Dark Souls) is leading to a lot of cheap deaths, etc. The lack of structure was great in the beginning, now it just feels aimless. I might take a break and do some other things with my free time this week and get back to it when I'm less burned-out.
My only complaint is the damage on the ground. I hate when something knocks me down and I’m just laying there waiting to get up then a couple more things come over and beat on me and I die. I can’t do that to mobs they’re shouldn’t be able to do that to me. Like you said those deaths feel cheap, like I had no chance to get out of it and survive.

Not feeling the burn out that you are though. I still love the aimlessness of it. I mean I see the arrows on the map showing me the things I should be doing, I’m just purposely ignoring them. If something is kicking my ass I pop a marker on it and come back later, then go find something else to do til then.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Do the grace lines ever disappear? No idea what else I could do in Stormveil and they're still clouding the map, same for Morne. Makes me think I'm still chasing something.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Do the grace lines ever disappear? No idea what else I could do in Stormveil and they're still clouding the map, same for Morne. Makes me think I'm still chasing something.
Mine haven’t, even the early ones that were pointing the way to Margit. I wish they would go away once you’ve hit whatever it was they were pointing at.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally got a chance to play a bit more. Only about 2.5 hours in though but managed to get the horse, level up a bunch, and scored a near full set of the Godrick armor. After seeing that video above, I want to go find the Twinblade now though. I am still using my newbie Wretch club. I'll spend some more time grinding up dex and getting a full set of basic gear and then will go start exploring for some dungeons and bosses. Amazing game in the short amount of time I have played it. It stutters every now and then, but my GTX 1070 and i5-6600K is doing well.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Rajaah Rajaah go hard north west, find the area with the three towers, do all that stuff then take on Radhan.

Radhan stuff
just keep throwing bodies at him I one shot him and only hit him myself a few times.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Oh is nokron optional?? I've been banging my head against the boss in the aqueducts there. Thatd be good news if I don't have to kill it. I have no idea where to go after rennala
Go back though because after the Aqueducts you get another massive area which leads to another and another etc.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've been thinking about why this game is so enjoyable, and I think it's because there are no quest hubs, NPC stories, whatever. It's open world RPG distilled to its purest form. There's no burden of "you just opened up this area, now go talk to these 20 village people who all need their dick sucked if you want the reward from doing the content". It's just a world with all the fun bits and not the tiresome ones. There's no buildup for the nearby dungeon from a bunch of NPC quests you are compelled to get, just the dungeon you discover and explore without preamble. I've played dozens of huge open world RPGs from Ultima to Breath of the Wild and have developed intense ennui at so much of what is in those games that ER's simplicity is a breath of fresh air.

Not every game can have this fever dream world building where there is not a living breathing world of farmers, noblemen and families with their own tribulations only you can solve, but it'd be nice if other open world devs take a hint and drop their "world-building through forced dialog" down a few pegs and use a "less is more" strategy. I can just imagine the Biowares, Bethesda, CD Projekt Red etc studios (along with all the MMORPG groups) looking at this game that has 1% of the dialog and quest NPCs as theirs and is being lauded as the greatest open world RPG and wondering whether they really need to spend so much on teams of writers and voice actors.

• 15Like
Reactions: 14 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I haven't got that far buuuut...

There's a sorcerer in Liurnia who says you need a Glintstone Key to open up the sealed doors if that is what you mean? I haven't found it yet but I am sure I'll come across it later. He said that the Hogwarts academy sealed their shit since the Shattering and is begging you for a key should you find an extra one. Selia the sorcerer was expelled from there. Raya Lucaria or whatever.

Underdark is accessible through a little building in the mistwood on the way to Fort Haight with a 2 minute elevator ride straight down. You can't fast travel to the bonfires down there but you can fast travel to the bonfires within the Underdark if you're in it. I found 2 bonfires down there so far. It's directly on the road you cannot possibly miss it.

This is different than Siofra? Because I can fast travel to that one at the end of the elevator ride from anywhere overworld.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So i maxed out some ashes, definitely worth doing.
mimic ash is just too good, it even uses perfumes if you have them equipped. At max level it does roughly 80% of my damage but so far tanks everything like a god.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
This is different than Siofra? Because I can fast travel to that one at the end of the elevator ride from anywhere overworld.
Yea and No he was likely in a catacombs when he tried it, you can fast travel to any grace point from anywhere but while in a catacomb.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So i maxed out some ashes, definitely worth doing.
mimic ash is just too good, it even uses perfumes if you have them equipped. At max level it does roughly 80% of my damage but so far tanks everything like a god.
You mentioned before that it used healing spells. Did you try to have a "mimic" build / gear set that you switch to, summon a spirit and then switch to your main build? I'm already wishing I had gearsets in this game, switching to my mounted set vs ground set is a minor inconvenience for the min/maxer