Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
You sure seem to have a lot of spare posting time on your fuckin hands for someone supposedly solo deving a video game.

He's developed a new NPC who will follow you around all game to kill, well, only you - and after every single kill the Sinistar voice will come on and say...

"I hunger... GET GOOD FAGGOT"

I'm buying it.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is it fair to say that Dark Souls 3 is 2nd-best behind Elden Ring in the Soulsborne roster?

I've even heard rumblings that it's better than ER, just in a different way. It's much much smaller which allowed them to make every area as refined as possible since their attention wasn't spread out all over the place like with ER (the fact that ER reaches the quality levels it does is pretty amazing when you take into consideration the massive amount of content).

I've got an EQ TLP next Wednesday evening that's gonna take up my free time for a while, probably until mid-June when it's Elden Time. And like a zillion things to do before next Wednesday evening so I can finish clearing my schedule for a couple weeks. But I'll tell ya what, if I finish everything I need to get done and it isn't Wednesday evening yet... I MIGHT, just maybe... pop in Souls 3 and see what happens.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Is it fair to say that Dark Souls 3 is 2nd-best behind Elden Ring in the Soulsborne roster?

I've even heard rumblings that it's better than ER, just in a different way. It's much much smaller which allowed them to make every area as refined as possible since their attention wasn't spread out all over the place like with ER (the fact that ER reaches the quality levels it does is pretty amazing when you take into consideration the massive amount of content).

I've got an EQ TLP next Wednesday evening that's gonna take up my free time for a while, probably until mid-June when it's Elden Time. And like a zillion things to do before next Wednesday evening so I can finish clearing my schedule for a couple weeks. But I'll tell ya what, if I finish everything I need to get done and it isn't Wednesday evening yet... I MIGHT, just maybe... pop in Souls 3 and see what happens.

Why in the ever living fuck would you play EQ again? And put it over a Dark Souls game, one of the best in the series, to put your nuts in a vice sitting in a corner watching an auto attack button.

I hope you like the screenshot section. You have 14 days.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why in the ever living fuck would you play EQ again? And put it over a Dark Souls game, one of the best in the series, to put your nuts in a vice sitting in a corner watching an auto attack button.

Its going to take us all of 4 days for him to be done with his main character, free to play anything he wants. But i am surprised be hasnt played it yet, too.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

If you threadban me, I won't be able to post anything about playing Souls 3 when I get to it. Kind of counterproductive!

Its going to take us all of 4 days for him to be done with his main character, free to play anything he wants. But i am surprised be hasnt played it yet, too.

Yeah, we are speedrunning EQ. After that first week there'll still be raids and whatnot to do.

The main impediment is actually Elden Ring's DLC in a month and needing to replay that game to set up a character for it. Not sure how long that'd take

• 4Worf
  • 1Pathetic

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Its really down to personal preference for everyone. DS2 gets dunked on because the B Team did it and it had a wonkier world layout than DS1, but I personally like it second best behind ER (caveat is that this is with the DLCs in all games). The ones I like the least are Siekaro and BB, but thats because I prefer the methodical combat and build variety of the souls games over the twitch style of those to games. Among the Souls games specifically, ER is the clear winner, but the other three are so close in quality that having anything resembling an order is fairly subjective. For me its DS2 = DS3 > DS1 > Demons Souls. My replay count of the games bears this out. All of the games are masterpieces and I can't argue against anyone's order of preference.

For me DS3 excelled with more boss variety, but the autotracking boss shit that is all over ER is prevalent in DS3, as well as the games instant frame cancels the moment it detects you pressing the flask button. Some fights are also really pure luck (narrow time windows to parry Midir, timing of independant attack routines of Nameless King and his mount, ect) as well. There are also a ludicrous amount of poison areas in the game, designed purely to frustrate. But the gap in quality is so narrow its basically meaningless.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If Vordt isn’t dead by Sunday I will be disappoint, son.

You suggesting I can't beat Vordt, motherfucka?

Triple H Wrestling GIF by WWE

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

taebin

Same trailer, different park
For me DS3 excelled with more boss variety, but the autotracking boss shit that is all over ER is prevalent in DS3, as well as the games instant frame cancels the moment it detects you pressing the flask button. Some fights are also really pure luck (narrow time windows to parry Midir, timing of independant attack routines of Nameless King and his mount, ect) as well. There are also a ludicrous amount of poison areas in the game, designed purely to frustrate. But the gap in quality is so narrow its basically meaningless.
ds3.png

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Replaying Sekiro now. Stopped originally as I got lost. This time , when I got lost I used a walkthru and should have earlier as I borked a few quest lines. If the mob is for a quest line why make him killable? Anyhow, I already knew post head surgery that I was having problems with concentration and memory but holy shit, my 'get gud' is gone. I really want to play that ER DLC but I am not sure I'm going to be physically able. With non-From Soft games they have an easy mode for suck players like me, but that isn't an option.

Anyhow I'm enjoying Sekrio this run. Had to fire up Cheat Engine to keep the lowest of lowest trash mobs from ganking me.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Replaying Sekiro now. Stopped originally as I got lost. This time , when I got lost I used a walkthru and should have earlier as I borked a few quest lines. If the mob is for a quest line why make him killable? Anyhow, I already knew post head surgery that I was having problems with concentration and memory but holy shit, my 'get gud' is gone. I really want to play that ER DLC but I am not sure I'm going to be physically able. With non-From Soft games they have an easy mode for suck players like me, but that isn't an option.

Anyhow I'm enjoying Sekrio this run. Had to fire up Cheat Engine to keep the lowest of lowest trash mobs from ganking me.

Sekiro- you can go a long way by spamming parry. The timing window is generous… it seems to allow you an imperfect parry if you mistime it, as long as you are hitting it. I could tell this because against the same enemy, my parries would cause differing amounts of posture damage. The closer I got to perfect parry, the more posture damage.

ER- you can always go the beeftank shield route. It really does trivialize most of the game.

Hope you can find a way to enjoy both. I know I’d have a hard time dealing with something that was keeping me from doing what I love to the extent that I’m accustomed.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Sekiro- you can go a long way by spamming parry. The timing window is generous… it seems to allow you an imperfect parry if you mistime it, as long as you are hitting it. I could tell this because against the same enemy, my parries would cause differing amounts of posture damage. The closer I got to perfect parry, the more posture damage.

ER- you can always go the beeftank shield route. It really does trivialize most of the game.

Hope you can find a way to enjoy both. I know I’d have a hard time dealing with something that was keeping me from doing what I love to the extent that I’m accustomed.
Yeah to be clear I am buying the DLC cuz we need to encourage that type of game being made. I did a str build the first time and I died more to falling than mobs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

For Sekiro you can tap parry a lot like Seananigans Seananigans said, the window for it working is way more generous than Souls. I wouldn't spam hit it, but if you've got an attack incoming, you can tap and then tap again if you were too early. I usually did this double-tap to block things (sometimes triple) and once I started doing that the game went from super hard to normal From hard.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No need to play DS3, if you've played one Dark Soul you've played them all.

Every TLP release is unique though, of course. Better cough up some $$$ to buy the big bags and grind through unrest and guk or whatever!!

• 3Worf
  • 2Picard

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
ER has an easy mode. Overlevel for the content and use overpowered spirit ashes, or multiplayer co-op as a last resort.

Lion's claw ash of war with mimic tear on a str/fire build makes almost everything trivial. On fire immune bosses respec to dex/lighting and it's usually an easy win.

• 1Like