Enter the Gungeon

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I prefer keyboard overall, having dodge roll on mouse2 and reload on a thumb button is what feels best so far.
I wish it would just automatically reload when I've depleted the clip. It is annoying holding down mouse1 then having to tap mouse1 again for it to reload.

Tenks

I prefer keyboard overall, having dodge roll on mouse2 and reload on a thumb button is what feels best so far.
I wish it would just automatically reload when I've depleted the clip. It is annoying holding down mouse1 then having to tap mouse1 again for it to reload.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't even realize I wasn't getting brass from enemies hitting me in the rooms.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There's really two ways of handling with the mouse. One is to just click mouse1 to fire, which also has the advantage on certain guns of firing faster. All the revolvers for example have a higher fire rate when you click rather than hold. It also cuts your reload time a ton for single shot weapons like the crossbow or hex rifle to just double click mouse1 with every shot, as that will start the reload animation much quicker and cuts the reload time on them almost in half.

Otherwise I use the thumb button for reload in certain cases, like having cog of battle, where I need more control over when I'm actually reloading.

Also, pay attention to some of the guns, as a quite a few of them have a special round they fire as their last bullet. Stuff like the judge dredd gun and the duckhunt blaster fire a unique round as their last bullet in a magazine, so you don't ever want to reload those early.

Tenks

Also, pay attention to some of the guns, as a quite a few of them have a special round they fire as their last bullet. Stuff like the judge dredd gun and the duckhunt blaster fire a unique round as their last bullet in a magazine, so you don't ever want to reload those early.
I had one that had a little red button at the end of the clip and it fired off a homing missile. It made short work of the snake boss. The flavor text said something about never pressing the button so I figured if I depleted the clip something cool would happen.

Tenks

Made it to level 5! Luckily I secured the Arcane Gunpowder on L3 so I got that part of the bullet done. I then died to a dragon. I got pretty lucky with my drops so I was just wrecking bosses. I got a Stinger + Free Fire on Reload. Since Stinger only holds 1 rocket I effectively doubled the DPS of an already great boss shredder.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the reload on dodge roll thing breaks a lot of guns wide open.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Finally got around to playing this. 40 hours or so in and I like it, but there are too many shit tier guns and items. I don't mind the bullet hell or the cheap enemy spawns off screen, but god damn is it annoying to consistently get past the third floor and the vast majority of the time not have a gun that is good enough to get you through floor 4 and 5. I'd say only 20% of my runs get past floor 4 just because I'm either completely out of ammo or I just have bullshit guns. The fact that there are a significant number of guns that are less powerful per shot than the starting pistols is just ridiculous. On top of that, the elemental damage is shit in later floors so any elemental items you get are worthless after the third floor. Also, fuck you ammolets and table techs. Just so many fucking items that are fucking dead weight.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Git gud son. Clearing to the dragun with the starting pistol is where the fun is at in this game.

I haven't tried the beta patch thing out yet, but that supposedly has a bunch of gun rebalancing and increased ammo drops in it.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I definitely love this game and recommend it to everyone I can.

That said I still have not beaten it. I've gotten to the dragun a handful of times and each time I am flabbergasted by his attack patterns and get rekt. Still a great game to waste a bunch of hours on!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Maybe I'm just autistic but game really isn't that mega hard? I've done the full flawless run all the way through dragun and beyond a few times now?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Grats you're a bullet hell pro?

Like I said, I like the game a lot, but when it feels like you're smashing your balls against the wall worse than Issac most of the time then I'm just going to stop playing and not recommend it to anyone except the super hardcore.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Maybe I'm just autistic but game really isn't that mega hard? I've done the full flawless run all the way through dragun and beyond a few times now?

Maybe?

It should say definitely.

I kid, I kid. I'm picking this up.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Game is definitely great. It doesn't really have the longevity like, Isaac, due largely to there being relatively few combo/interactions between items and guns. You don't get that neat bit of "oh i picked up tiny planet, coal, and piercing shots, lol spam the world" type stuff, it's mostly just a bunch of independent guns and maybe a passive or two and the rest is regular bullet hell type stuff.

Except for the duct tape, that item is the fuckin best.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Grats you're a bullet hell pro?

Like I said, I like the game a lot, but when it feels like you're smashing your balls against the wall worse than Issac most of the time then I'm just going to stop playing and not recommend it to anyone except the super hardcore.
This game feels significantly more fare than Isaac, I dunno. I haven't put in the time to "beat" it yet but honestly it doesn't seem nearly as hard as a lot of it's siblings (Isaac, Nuclear Throne, etc.)

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
I recently just finished my Platinum Trophy for this on PS4. I love it so much. I can't wait for the update next month (if it comes out on schedule). The two extra character "Pasts" to complete will be fun, but dear lord Challenge Mode looks frustrating and amazing.

Does anyone feel they rely on one character too much? Aside from completing a run as each character I only ever really used The Pilot. After I unlocked and learned how to use The Bullet properly, I can't go back. Blasphemy is just too good of a starting weapon, I end up using it almost exclusively for the first 4 floors if I can avoid getting hit.

I personally think this game is more difficult than Isaac. Like said above, items and weapons don't generally synergize as well as they do in Isaac, which gives you less runs where you feel like a god.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Gungeon definitely has more of a twitch/skill based element too it. It's just faster, more bullets to avoid etc, and it's far far less likely to wind up with an item combo that just trivializes the rest of your run.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It feels more reliable than Isaac. You can't end up with godmode combos like in Isaac but it's also way less common to just have fuckall and be gimped like in Isaac. But on the other hand you frequently just reset runs on Isaac on the first floor until you get something good so idk.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea the starting pistols are more than capable of clearing all the way to the dragun. Their damage starts to fall off pretty hard towards the end, and you just won't survive bullet hell without other guns, but they can easily carry you through floors like 1-4.

Especially if you score something like metronome or any of the passive damage ups.