EQ Never

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
*Lore story revolving around Elves, the Shissar, and the dwarven thief who loved them.

Neric_sl

shitlord
Forget the lore/roleplaying stuff. We all know what happens when the servers go live. Within a few days some guys will be at max-level.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm aware of who Neric is.

My line was in reference to his 'people will rush to max level' comment.... There are no levels in EQN.
"Levels"... Pokemon collector classes... or whatever you want to call the grind, will be there. His point does stand.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
"Levels"... Pokemon collector classes... or whatever you want to call the grind, will be there. His point does stand.
Fair enough, but in not sure anyone is gonna be able to rush through in the traditional sense early on. Could be wrong, but we shall see.

rolx_sl

shitlord
Fair enough, but in not sure anyone is gonna be able to rush through in the traditional sense early on. Could be wrong, but we shall see.
As usual your wrong. And now you sound like every mmo dev in the past 10 years. "The players will never get through all this content within a year" Then BOOM next week everyone's maxed GG. Every thread I go on there's someone different calling you a re-re Quaid just give up already.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
As usual your wrong. And now you sound like every mmo dev in the past 10 years. "The players will never get through all this content within a year" Then BOOM next week everyone's maxed GG. Every thread I go on there's someone different calling you a re-re Quaid just give up already.
Please explain to me how people are going to rush to 'max' in EQN if levelling is a matter of milestone completion rather than filling an xp bar. I'm sure ill love your well thought out, and of course, articulate response. As usual.

Mellent_sl

shitlord
As long as we're making suppositions, technically everyone will be maxed out at first in terms of "general power"; that is to say, everyone will be the equivalent of a max level WoW character.

If you want to talkcontent, I'm with Quaid here. So far we know that there's at least four tiers (including gaining the class if we're saying tier 1 is automatic). That's 159 (minus the starting class) objectives to fulfill there, at least (again, going off of the only number we have available). Some will be harder than others, such as the late tiers, and some will be effectively random, such as actually getting the classes (although some may partially progress off of other classes). Then factor in that the ultimate min-maxer would want to have the best gear possible. That right there seems like it's at least a bit more than a week.

Thenadd in that the main story line doesn't progress with each individual player.

Itseemsthat there should be enough content to last a month, but this probably won't end up being a leveler's game. The people who thrive at the concept of getting to max level as fast as possible so they can bitch and whine about the absent max level contentprobablywon't like this game.

And who says that they have to cater to those people?

Edit: And if it sounds like they won't have very much content because "high level" is synonymous with "do the same shit over and over again" in most games, just consider that now they can cram an entire MMORPG's worth of content into one game without consideration for which levels get what. They pretty much just have to segregate it into easy, medium, hard, or anywhere inbetween. They could even have incredibly soul-crushing content because it's not the end of the world if not everyone wants to or can do it - less difficult content isn't trivialized as people play through the game.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Please explain to me how people are going to rush to 'max' in EQN if levelling is a matter of milestone completion rather than filling an xp bar. I'm sure ill love your well thought out, and of course, articulate response. As usual.
I want to point just how fucking retarded you are by saying "maxing out an xp bar" -- is different from "completing milestones".

Unless those milestones are server locked, and time delayed, there is no practical difference between filling up a bar, or completing a milestone.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Unless those milestones are server locked, and time delayed, there is no practical difference between filling up a bar, or completing a milestone.
There were even people plowing through achievements in GW2. If it's measurable, there will be a subset of the population that will grind it out.

Trebla_sl

shitlord
On a related note, the next roundtable poll is up, asking to what degree Landmark builds should be publicly viewable. The fact that anyone's response was something other than 'always viewable' is a tad depressing.
Even more depressing was that 'always viewable' isn't an option in the poll. 'It would increase my enjoyment if others could see what I'm building' isn't quite the same as 'I don't want instanced housing'

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I want to point just how fucking retarded you are by saying "maxing out an xp bar" -- is different from "completing milestones".

Did you really just type something this stupid... And believe what you were saying? I actually feel kind of bad for you right now...

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'm 66% certain you shitpost without thinking and only 33% certain you be trying to claim that you be trollin'.