EQ Never

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Per ponytail today

When we get to those game mastering systems [after the start of the year] that means we are working on EQN full time. Because those are the systems we need for EQN, and that's what we're building when we're building those game mastering tools. So we're so close to transitioning the team almost entirely to EQN, and then we'll take the elements that we build for EQN and port them over into Landmark, but our focus will shift almost entirely to EQN after the new year.

Landmark's PvE arrives today; SOE shifts to EQ Next full-time in 2015 | Massively

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They're switching to full on EQN development? Does this mean we'll have Ten times as many community polls?!?!

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Dont forget the daily screenshots of some randomly placed mobs around a campfire.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
That's what I say to my GF about the other girls I see.
guinness-brilliant.jpeg

spronk

FPS noob
seems like mostly sour groups by a disgruntled ex employee (ala the raider who quits and bad mouths their old guild non stop) but still, probably a kernel of truth in lots of incompetent staff over at SOE. I regret buying Landmark, paid $100 at alpha and have played maybe...15 minutes. is EQN/Landmark doomed to be the forgotten stepping stone for Blizzard/Valve/etc to build a real game? Losing $60m last year seems like a big deal, especially since Sony is not doing too good.

Insider leaks: How serious is the situation at SOE? | SandBoxer.Org

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
seems like mostly sour groups by a disgruntled ex employee (ala the raider who quits and bad mouths their old guild non stop) but still, probably a kernel of truth in lots of incompetent staff over at SOE. I regret buying Landmark, paid $100 at alpha and have played maybe...15 minutes
Insider leaks: How serious is the situation at SOE? | SandBoxer.Org
Looks like he just cherry picked random tibbits from glassdoor to write an article. No one posts on those employer review sites to say good things.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So one posting he quotes says there are bajillions of excess employees, and the other says they're all skeleton crews?

You don't have to work hard (in this context, write an article copy and pasting random anonymous posts, I guess) to convince anyone that SOE is a pile of incompetent failbags. They do a fine job of showing that with their public offerings.

diadem_sl

shitlord
Reads like a typical fanboy hater post. Everyone sucks. They suck for firing people. They suck for not firing people. They suck for promoting within. They suck for giving access to an unfinished product. No one has a clue there, except of course me the one who has got it all figured out...and doesnt work there.

Anyway, looking forward to some real news on EQ Next

Vitality

HUSTLE
I really don't think that stuff is news to anyone. You have to steal pain killers and smokes from someones desk first before they even try and demote you to a community manager.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Reads like a typical fanboy hater post. Everyone sucks. They suck for firing people. They suck for not firing people. They suck for promoting within. They suck for giving access to an unfinished product. No one has a clue there, except of course me the one who has got it all figured out...and doesnt work there.

Anyway, looking forward to some real news on EQ Next
And when exactly will that be? Thought the game was supposed to be released this year? Seems like there's a lot of validity in that article.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Thought the game was supposed to be released this year?
Initially, we were promised a full-fledged game by end of 2013. Then we learned that Smed was talking about EQ:Landmark back when it was EQN: Landmark. Then everything disappeared into a marketing black hole, and nothing. Since apparently, the tools to make EQN don't exist yet (see Landmark, which is basically the toolbuilding), there's no game.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
And when exactly will that be? Thought the game was supposed to be released this year? Seems like there's a lot of validity in that article.
I think most of the dates are guesswork. I know I estimated late 2015 after the reveal 2.5 years ago... but obviously they arent nearly far enough for that given the state of landmark. Their other pillar, storybricks, is entirely missing, too. Right now I'd guess it comes out late 2017. Maybe in 2016 if they go with a paid 'alpha that we call beta for marketing purposes and revenue' like everyone does these days (seems likely since Landmark works that way too).

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
There isn't going to be an EQNext video game. This is all a ruse.

EQNext is an ARG where you keep building dongs in Landmark while you wait years for a game that never comes.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I remember two years ago when people thought SOE was going to magically launch in holiday 2013, lol. I'm guessing 2016, supposedly the team has mostly shifted off Landmark to EQN development.

Guess we'll see.